Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
evergroy_lows

18.5km range "feature"

15 comments in this topic

Players
333 posts
14,285 battles

was laughing about it this morning chatting with people, then i had an idea, what if the next special battle mode had it so each kill your gun ranges would get less and less and less, could be a good feature, please join the talk about any future special game modes made with bugs :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

as far as bugs that actually made it to live go, this one has got to be one of the most impressive and hilarious the game's ever seen (probably outside of the earlier testing stages)...

I kinda wish we could corner SubOctavian or someone else from the dev team into a little storytime of even worse better bugs that almost made it to the live servers... any chance you could send a poke towards StPetersburg in that regard @MrConway @Crysantos & Co? Or maybe you have a story or two to share yourself?:Smile_teethhappy:

Players
6,087 posts
10,249 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

as far as bugs that actually made it to live go, this one has got to be one of the most impressive and hilarious the game's ever seen (probably outside of the earlier testing stages)...

Comrade! You know we have to stay on track with the 5-year-plan! A little inconvenience.. is not a big deal, once we finaly achieve the great goal! Or do you really question the decisions of the party WG? Do I need to remind you what happens with system critics? Now, get to work, back to the salt mines and harvest some tokens, I can see you havent forfilled your daily quota - which has been increased by 20% to show superiority of our system compared to others ! :Smile_izmena:

2006BC5469.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
1,910 posts
6,509 battles

Via Reddit - It's been linked to the new Italian Commander, when their special range skill activates it does so for EVERYONE in the game. WG knew of this Bug yesterday (maybe not the reason why though) and the several other bugs that have been found so far and decided to push the EU patch rather than wait for a fix first, which says to me that WG are happy with this game-breaking bug being present temporarily vs the cost in delaying the patch until it's fixed correctly.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
333 posts
14,285 battles

Back on topic, what if the special game mode would be like a flooded rainforest, where ships were dressed as like bugs, consumable idea, "lock on bug" once activated no one can lock onto your ship for a duration of time, name of the special game mode, "a bugs world" or something 😂 

Players
5,976 posts
10,880 battles
20 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Via Reddit - It's been linked to the new Italian Commander, when their special range skill activates it does so for EVERYONE in the game. WG knew of this Bug yesterday (maybe not the reason why though) and the several other bugs that have been found so far and decided to push the EU patch rather than wait for a fix first, which says to me that WG are happy with this game-breaking bug being present temporarily vs the cost in delaying the patch until it's fixed correctly.

Ow wow I gotta know more about this

EDIT: It already got fixed.

Players
539 posts
22 hours ago, evergroy_lows said:

was laughing about it this morning chatting with people, then i had an idea, what if the next special battle mode had it so each kill your gun ranges would get less and less and less, could be a good feature, please join the talk about any future special game modes made with bugs :Smile_veryhappy:

The last bug they introduced onto the live server because it was not "widespread enough" to fix it beforehand, was the one, where you had to kill the client via task manager to end the game. Not sure how you could make a game mode out of that one though.

[JRM]
Players
5,425 posts
22,529 battles
20 hours ago, IanH755 said:

What? U gotta be kidding? Pls tell me u are kidding?

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,739 posts
11,007 battles

How about a weapons race from counter strike? 

Everyone starts with a T2 ship, every kill grants you to spawn in a higher tier ship, after T10, the last stage is T1, whoever gets a kill in T1, wins the game. 

[BOBS3]
Players
964 posts
16,946 battles
42 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

What? U gotta be kidding? Pls tell me u are kidding?

No, seriously, it was mentioned on stream yesterday by @MrConway

[JRM]
Players
5,425 posts
22,529 battles
3 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Oh man where is that picard/riker/worf triple facepalm image when you need it...

• Funny 1

Players
1,910 posts
6,509 battles

The fix was to be made at their end, rather than a client issue, so the fix was pushed out to their servers without having to make us D/L anything. I think that is why they still released the EU patch with a known issue.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
6 hours ago, Cambera_1 said:

6 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Oh man where is that picard/riker/worf triple facepalm image when you need it...

Since we fixed it in less than a day I think the damage was minimal, but it was definitely one of the more fun bugs we have had  :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[BOBS3]
Players
964 posts
16,946 battles
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

Since we fixed it in less than a day I think the damage was minimal, but it was definitely one of the more fun bugs we have had  :Smile_hiding:

Mine was not a complaint about it but that you had acknowledged it. Props for admitting to it on stream. Props for the devs fixing it so quickly.

Sign in to follow this