Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lord0

Nomogram sight removed from official 8.10 modpack?

44 comments in this topic

[ALONE]
Modder
2,038 posts
13,259 battles

All dynamic crosshairs have stopped working, as apparently the code has changed.

Meanwhile someone just made "Smart Horizon", that is essentially the same. I found it on Aslains modpack.

• Cool 1

Players
8,746 posts

:cap_old:

Thx WG... Literally the best Crosshair ever, and ofc they [edited]it up :Smile-angry: And ofc its what Dynamic crosshair always should have been

Hope it wont take too long till it get fixed.

• Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
515 posts
4,447 battles
8 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

All dynamic crosshairs have stopped working, as apparently the code has changed.

Meanwhile someone just made "Smart Horizon", that is essentially the same. I found it on Aslains modpack.

"Smart Horizon" is actually included in the official modpack - I'll give it a try - thanks

Players
8,746 posts
2 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

"Smart Horizon" is actually included in the official modpack - I'll give it a try - thanks

Tell us if its the same :cap_like:

Modder
5,463 posts
10,217 battles

No, it's not the same.

There is only one scale for 30kn.

But it is working on the nomogram Crosshair to get it back to working order.

Until then, the "Smart Horizon" is an alternative.

• Cool 3

[ANV]
Players
515 posts
4,447 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Tell us if its the same :cap_like:

Just tried a game using "Smart Horizons" - looks just like the standard dynamic crosshair, to the point where I'm wondering if it installed correctly.

More testing required

• Cool 2

[ANV]
Players
515 posts
4,447 battles
1 minute ago, juger65 said:

No, it's not the same.

There is only one scale for 30kn.

But it is working on the nomogram Crosshair to get it back to working order.

Until then, the "Smart Horizon" is an alternative.

Thanks for info

Do you know if/when the nomogram is back to working order it will be retrospectively added to the official 8.10 modpack?

Modder
5,463 posts
10,217 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, Lord0 sagte:

Thanks for info

Do you know if/when the nomogram is back to working order it will be retrospectively added to the official 8.10 modpack?

No I can not, because I do not work on it myself.

I only know that they tried hard to offer this again in the ModStation and also at Aslain.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,110 battles

I have never tried any other than standard crosshair. What advantege does using this one have?
Anyone got some screenshots please?

Players
6,410 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I have never tried any other than standard crosshair. What advantege does using this one have?

It show vertical, horizontal and angled positions allowing you to effectively aim better at ships kiting and angling from you.

Obviously doesnt stop nasty dispersion.

[ALYEN]
Players
1,525 posts
3,356 battles
9 minutes ago, Blixies said:

those lesser players that lack the skill need fancy crutches to be able to play ... there's nothing more to it :-)

/sarcasm off

Players
8,746 posts
7 minutes ago, Blixies said:

The Nomogram Crosshair has both 20kts (standard) and 30kts (Dynamic) scales.

And it changes depending at what range you shoot. Im not sure who made a video about it (its on YT) basicly the scale from WG is wrong. If you shoot at short distance, you have to lead more than the crosshair tells you, while on longrange shots, you have to lead less. Only at ~14-16km (i think it was) the crosshair is accurate in terms of shell travel time.

Modder
5,463 posts
10,217 battles
Vor 11 Minuten, DFens_666 sagte:

And it changes depending at what range you shoot. Im not sure who made a video about it (its on YT) basicly the scale from WG is wrong. If you shoot at short distance, you have to lead more than the crosshair tells you, while on longrange shots, you have to lead less. Only at ~14-16km (i think it was) the crosshair is accurate in terms of shell travel time.

Nomogram Crosshair has both 20kts (Dynamic) and 30kts (Dynamic) scales.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,038 posts
13,259 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Lord0 sagte:

Just tried a game using "Smart Horizons" - looks just like the standard dynamic crosshair, to the point where I'm wondering if it installed correctly.

More testing required

The vanilla dynamic crosshair is fixed for 15km. Smart Horizon and Nomogram are not.

And Smart Horizon is green. If yours is not, then you have the wrong one. :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,248 posts
3,013 battles
3 minuti fa, juger65 ha scritto:

I think I ment the 20kts from tge standard sight (tho a dynamic version) and the 30kts from the original dynamic.

Anyway, I'm really pissed of by the fact that crosshair doesn't work anymore. It's not the end of the world, but come on WG. Your Devs should be fired.

For me it's not too bad because you have to thank your god that I'm at a level of experience where is my gut feeling that tells me where to aim (...the hand of Stalin...), but for some players that sight was the difference between hitting and missing a target at far range, because your standard dynamic crosshair is just $#&£. Even IChase confirmed that in his video.

I hope that it will get fixed, because I'm done with the fact with every update the it's always something that goes bad.

• Cool 1

Players
8,746 posts
24 minutes ago, juger65 said:

Yes, but the 20kts static crosshair is the basic one, and the WG built-in Dynamic crosshair is not dynamic either.

I was referring only to the scales of 20/30kts and what they are called in game, thats why i wrote afterwards " And it changes depending at what range you shoot. "

edit:

Yes, what @wot_2016_gunner said.

• Cool 1

Modder
5,463 posts
10,217 battles
Vor 16 Minuten, DFens_666 sagte:

Yes, but the 20kts static crosshair is the basic one, and the WG built-in Dynamic crosshair is not dynamic either.

I was referring only to the scales of 20/30kts and what they are called in game, thats why i wrote afterwards " And it changes depending at what range you shoot. "

edit:

Yes, what @wot_2016_gunner said.

No matter how you see it, both scales are Dynamic and not Static.

For both scales it was calculated, from projectile velocity, distance and the zoom indicator.
The default point at 20kn is also different to 30kn, but again in the scale depending on one, basing on the same calculation only to different speeds to the destination ship.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,110 battles
55 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Oh... I have never use the "scale" to lead my shots.  So I guess this enhancement would be of little use to me.
Basically the only thing I use the crosshair line is to follow the waterline, am I doing it wrong?

Players
8,746 posts
5 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Oh... I have never use the "scale" to lead my shots.  So I guess this enhancement would be of little use to me.
Basically the only thing I use the crosshair line is to follow the waterline, am I doing it wrong?

Well, id say in general it doesnt matter as much. But i think it helps to hit Bow/aft sections better as you need to be really accurate to hit those.

28 minutes ago, juger65 said:

No matter how you see it, both scales are Dynamic and not Static.

For both scales it was calculated, from projectile velocity, distance and the zoom indicator.
The default point at 20kn is also different to 30kn, but again in the scale depending on one, basing on the same calculation only to different speeds to the destination ship.

well doesnt matter, if you feel the need to be correct here...

all im saying is, if i refer to the orginial crosshairs in game (20 kts Static / 30 kts Dynamic) i cant really write 20kts dynamic, as there is no such thing in game.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,550 posts
14,661 battles
54 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Anyway, I'm really pissed of by the fact that crosshair doesn't work anymore. It's not the end of the world, but come on WG. Your Devs should be fired.

It's in the patch notes that the aiming reticle has been changed and that some information has been removed from the dynamic crosshair... 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,840 posts
10,502 battles

Meanwhile I play with most basic static cross without any numbers on the line.

No wonder I suck :)

[ANV]
Players
515 posts
4,447 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

.. Smart Horizon is green. If yours is not, then you have the wrong one. :Smile_trollface:

Mine is not green; thought it was gubbed. Thanks for confirm. 

I installed it from official mod pack (in fact its the only dynamic crosshair in that mod pack) . Maybe try a reinstall of mods 

[KOKOS]
Players
430 posts
5,809 battles
48 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Meanwhile I play with most basic static cross without any numbers on the line.

No wonder I suck :)

Did Luke use a fancy crosshair when he citadel-striked the Death Star? Just explore your feelings and let the force guide your shells, mate.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this