Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

Co-op Battles Matchmaker

36 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,436 posts
4,196 battles

00362094-051a-11ea-a5d9-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

Captains! :cap_rambo:

Update 0.8.10 brings matchmaker improvements for Co-op Battles:

• Battles will be played in a 9 vs. 9 format.
  • Any incomplete teams will be complemented with a much wider range of bot ships.
  •  

These changes are aimed at making this battle type more interesting.

Besides that, we’re introducing limitations in battles for the maximum number of ships allowed from the highest tier, and minimum number of ships from the lowest tier. These limitations depend on the battle tier and waiting time in the queue.

Example: it's now impossible to have one Tier VIII ship in battle with the rest of the ships being from Tier X. We’re planning to introduce similar improvements to the Random Battles matchmaker in future.

[IFS]
Players
52 posts
7,498 battles

Nice. I remember WG asked, what we want as a Christmas gift in 2015. I wrote - 15 x 15 coop, there we many likes on my post.  4 years late we moved from 8 x 8 to  9 x 9. Whats an amazing achievement!

[BDE]
[BDE]
Beta Tester
475 posts
26,631 battles

please wg remove aimbot to bots and detection torps from launch,bots esquive torps in moment to lauch and varie direcction out range of detection , thats progamed to fuking players

• Cool 1

[IFS]
Players
52 posts
7,498 battles

Also, I asked several times WG to remove the crapy coop regimes, where the battle is over in 3-4 minutes after destruction of only 6 bots. No reaction so far.

• Cool 5

[FLASH]
[FLASH]
Players
3 posts
11,272 battles
On 11/14/2019 at 11:13 PM, Peter_von_Weise said:

Nice. I remember WG asked, what we want as a Christmas gift in 2015. I wrote - 15 x 15 coop, there we many likes on my post.  4 years late we moved from 8 x 8 to  9 x 9. Whats an amazing achievement!

What we need is an option NOT to join a battle where there are more bots than humans. I just played a game where I was THE ONLY sentient bring In the fleet. We played the game, I SUNK 3 and was sunk, we were down to a battleship each ours with 24000 hp and theirs with 14000 hp, So instead of standing off and broadsiding the other ship- our Bot rammed him??? Result a draw! NO human would have done that.

So please give us an opportunity to NOT join a Bot team of more than 50% Bots.

Edited by ethiksnomis2
Spelling mistake
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,606 posts
19,098 battles

Is there any special reason why we see games with bot CVs on both teams? Isn't having one useless CV in game already bad enough?

• Cool 2

[TRRC]
Players
690 posts

Two things:

- Playing with Zara got always 5 out 6 times as lower Tier...

- The higher number of ships you add the less time we play... so what's the point to have 9 ships and play 6 min with 2 or 3 bot ships remaining alive?

Please took it back to 6/7 per Team. Thank you!

• Cool 1

[NSVE]
Players
71 posts
10,840 battles
On 11/13/2019 at 2:14 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Update 0.8.10 brings matchmaker improvements for Co-op Battles:

• Any incomplete teams will be complemented with a much wider range of bot ships.
  •  

These changes are aimed at making this battle type more interesting.

Besides that, we’re introducing limitations in battles for the maximum number of ships allowed from the highest tier, and minimum number of ships from the lowest tier. These limitations depend on the battle tier and waiting time in the queue.

Example: it's now impossible to have one Tier VIII ship in battle with the rest of the ships being from Tier X. We’re planning to introduce similar improvements to the Random Battles matchmaker in future.

Basically you have now made this a Bot Fest. It is almost EvE.

You should consider increasing the wait time and making sure that the P team in PVE ALWAYS has more humans than Bots. 2 + 7 bits  v 9 is not much fun in a ship where you cant realistically (due to speed) affect the outcome until 50% of the Bots on the player side self  destruct.

• Cool 1

[NSVE]
Players
71 posts
10,840 battles
15 hours ago, ethiksnomis2 said:

What we need is an option NOT to join a battle where there are more bots than humans. I just played a game where I was THE ONLY sentient bring In the fleet. We played the game, I SUNK 3 and was sunk, we were down to a battleship each ours with 24000 hp and theirs with 14000 hp, So instead of standing off and broadsiding the other ship- our Bot rammed him??? Result a draw! NO human would have done that.

So please give us an opportunity to NOT join a Bot team of more than 50% Bots.

Totally agree 

• Cool 1

[FLASH]
[FLASH]
Players
380 posts
14,255 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 12:13 AM, Peter_von_Weise said:

That makes Your wish come true in only 24 Years :cap_old:

[BOBS3]
Players
968 posts
16,974 battles

Please reverse this change.

There are:-

Too many Bots making up teams

Too many teams consisting of a single player and 17 bots

Too many matches end with the "mercy rule" mid match

1541649363_CoopTooShort.thumb.png.4475b59012fc19a1a991f006e2ac4247.png

This is NOT a good change.

:Smile_sad:

Edited by Cambera_1
Added Picture

Players
21 posts
4,154 battles

It's about time bots at low tier games stopped acting like high tier ones. Whoever programmed the bots needs a new job and how come they all appear to be super accurate when firing guns and torpedoes. I like the cooperative game format but get a level playing field.

[RBMF]
Players
161 posts
18,941 battles

The update has not improved coop battles are still lasting less than 5 minutes and finish with 2 or 3 bots still alive. Coop used to be ok but last 6 months all you get is rapid fire ships Minotaur Smolensk Worcester spamming the advancing bots and DDs that can sail right up to a bot that will shoot another ship while the DD torps them. The only thing the Bots seem to do properly is assign correct AA sector and Actively dodge incoming air strikes every thing else they dont do correctly.   Some suggestions that may make a difference.

1. Bots are stock versions of ships make the bots Full spec give them the same detection through Camo and concealment expert. 

2.Bots should have full range secondaries and whatever other traits the ship has such as radar, Hydro and reload boosters.

3. Bots should use consumables correctly examples are radar, Hydro, smoke, spotter planes and damage control.

4. Bots should be able to determine which target to shoot at based on threat instead of all bots shooting at 1 ship and ignoring all other ships that are right next to them and launching torps.

5, Bots should make use of their torpedoes.

6. If this cannot be done then the bots should get a 200 point head start to avoid all games ending with the mercy rule

I know a lot of people play coop and I can see with the ships they play that they spend money and a game that lasts less than 4 minutes is not good for anyone. You did try and improve it by adding an extra bot but all this has done is leave 2 or 3 ships alive at end of battle instead of the normal 1 or 2 ships and nothing has changed. Please try and address some of the problems in coop when time permits as it would be much appreciated.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
8,951 battles
On 11/19/2019 at 5:13 PM, naztb said:

The update has not improved coop battles are still lasting less than 5 minutes and finish with 2 or 3 bots still alive. Coop used to be ok but last 6 months all you get is rapid fire ships Minotaur Smolensk Worcester spamming the advancing bots and DDs that can sail right up to a bot that will shoot another ship while the DD torps them. The only thing the Bots seem to do properly is assign correct AA sector and Actively dodge incoming air strikes every thing else they dont do correctly.   Some suggestions that may make a difference.

1. Bots are stock versions of ships make the bots Full spec give them the same detection through Camo and concealment expert. 

2.Bots should have full range secondaries and whatever other traits the ship has such as radar, Hydro and reload boosters.

3. Bots should use consumables correctly examples are radar, Hydro, smoke, spotter planes and damage control.

4. Bots should be able to determine which target to shoot at based on threat instead of all bots shooting at 1 ship and ignoring all other ships that are right next to them and launching torps.

5, Bots should make use of their torpedoes.

6. If this cannot be done then the bots should get a 200 point head start to avoid all games ending with the mercy rule

I know a lot of people play coop and I can see with the ships they play that they spend money and a game that lasts less than 4 minutes is not good for anyone. You did try and improve it by adding an extra bot but all this has done is leave 2 or 3 ships alive at end of battle instead of the normal 1 or 2 ships and nothing has changed. Please try and address some of the problems in coop when time permits as it would be much appreciated.

Or.... or.... just remove the mercy rule for co-op battles.

It's not like bots require mercy.

• Cool 1

Players
32 posts
3,161 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 12:13 AM, Peter_von_Weise said:

and that - I fully agree.

It's so sad that WG Dev partly overcoming so long  a problems not known in other productions.

In two previous updates - a bots were a lot o smarter than now. Sometimes I though, that I'm fighting with regular people behind a :bot: tag. They were harder to beat. A specialy when I have to fulfill a 20 HARD MODE mission :). It was some kind a challenging. 

On 11/15/2019 at 7:48 PM, Peter_von_Weise said:

Also, I asked several times WG to remove the crapy coop regimes, where the battle is over in 3-4 minutes after destruction of only 6 bots. No reaction so far.

Sometimes there is a 2 or 1 ship left to destroy and the ...battle is over. Should be a Deathmatch to the last standing ship. 

-----

COOP regime - is the  CANCER in this type of BATTLE. 

Players
2 posts
12,012 battles
On 11/17/2019 at 12:22 AM, peter_s_price said:

Basically you have now made this a Bot Fest. It is almost EvE.

You should consider increasing the wait time and making sure that the P team in PVE ALWAYS has more humans than Bots. 2 + 7 bits  v 9 is not much fun in a ship where you cant realistically (due to speed) affect the outcome until 50% of the Bots on the player side self  destruct.

Agreed, too many bots,battles finishing too early, its killing the game for me. Please go back to the old system where we waited until enough players were ready,I have just played a game where I was the only  person ,the rest were bots.

Players
2,106 posts
8,951 battles

Changing the amount of players won't change anything. Doesn't matter if it was 8 vs 8 like before, 9 vs 9 like now or even 15 vs 15 as suggested above.

No matter how many players are there, when the 'mercy rule' kicks in, the battle is over.

Just remove that and all issues are solved. 

There is no one single reason justifying the 'mercy rule' when playing a co-op battle. It was added at the beginning as something present in every battle mode but seems like it was never thought through.

So I guess it's time for the developers to pause a think and they will quickly realize how stupid the 'mercy rule' against bots is.

@YabbaCoe

• Cool 2

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
10,616 battles
On 11/13/2019 at 3:14 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Update 0.8.10 brings matchmaker improvements  deterioration for Co-op Battles:

• Any incomplete teams will be complemented with a much wider range of bot ships. < and why is that  an improvement, if the players cannot destroy the the last 2 enemies because of the :etc_swear: mercy rule . do :bots in co-op need mercy ?
  • the  effect of these changes is to shorten the duration of these battles to 5 minutes maximumbecause we cater to players with a short attention span.
  • It will force  players to play more battles to keep the server populated.   
  • to shorten the battles even more (something only "regular -random" players are interested in) the game always ends when there are still 2 enemy ships with full HP still present in the battle
  • These changes make  co-op   uninteresting.!:cap_fainting:

I translated the official message  slightly for the purpose of transparancy.

In summary: please remove that  irritating "'mercy rule" that leave 2 enemy :bots:  intact, and ending the battle before if even begins...

@YabbaCoe

[LEWD]
Beta Tester
91 posts
6,075 battles

Nice with some attention to Coop, but like said many times before by other people in this thread, all we really need is a fix to domination mode battles so they don't end with 2-3 bot ships still alive. Unless the map being played on, is one where both teams start with a point already capped, there is a 99% chance the game will end early. And that is just frustrating and is just not fun at all.

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
10,616 battles
9 hours ago, Saltpastillen said:

Nice with some attention to Coop, but like said many times before by other people in this thread, all we really need is a fix to domination mode battles so they don't end with 2-3 bot ships still alive. Unless the map being played on, is one where both teams start with a point already capped, there is a 99% chance the game will end early. And that is just frustrating and is just not fun at all.

Yes indeed, well said !

Players
2,106 posts
8,951 battles

It seems like we're being ignored.

I wonder why. Isn't the goal for the players to have more fun or it's to frustrate them as much as possible?

[IFS]
Players
52 posts
7,498 battles

In general, WG/Lesta treat PvE Players like dirt.

OK, not fully correct. They treat all the players like dirt, and the PvE players like crap.  

There are so many ways to improve coop battles, but WG/Lesta ignore all the changes' requests.

[IFS]
Players
52 posts
7,498 battles

It is interesting, that my post from yesterday was softened without letting me know, presumably by a bot. In addition, Yesterday evening and today I have exceptionally large number of very short battles. usually it is like 1 of 5, and not it is approx 2/3. So, probably lesta decided to somehow punish me for this criticism :-)

Sign in to follow this