Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

Ranked Battles

26 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,450 posts
4,198 battles

ffd33fec-0519-11ea-974f-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

Captains! :Smile_izmena:

The Fourteenth Season of Ranked Battles is set to commence on:

Starts: Wed. 27 Nov. 10:00 CET (UTC+1)

Ends: Mon. 23 Dec. 09:30 CET (UTC+1)

This season will be played with Tier X ships in an 8 vs. 8 format. A limit of one aircraft carrier per team is set for these battles. The main reward remains the same—5,500 Steel! Ranked Battles will be fought on the Shards, Northern Lights, Trident, Haven, Greece, and Riposte maps in Domination mode. 

We have also updated the matchmaker by introducing a limit on the number of battleships per team—three at most—for Ranked Battles and Ranked Sprints. If there aren’t enough suitable ships to complete the teams, and the waiting time the first player in the queue has spent exceeds 4 minutes and 10 seconds, then each team can be completed with up to four battleships.

[DUBO]
Players
66 posts

I was given some rental ships, but when I tried to take the Yamato into a ranked battle, the button was grayed out, and a tooltip said that this ship can only be used in ranked and clan battles. So this must be a bug - please fix, because I have just started re-grinding the Japanese BB-line for research points, so my own Yamato is not available before around X-mas.

Players
1,821 posts
12,317 battles
6 hours ago, vonduus said:

I was given some rental ships, but when I tried to take the Yamato into a ranked battle, the button was grayed out, and a tooltip said that this ship can only be used in ranked and clan battles. So this must be a bug - please fix, because I have just started re-grinding the Japanese BB-line for research points, so my own Yamato is not available before around X-mas.

It's a bug but with description. It's only for CB not for ranked.

• Cool 2

Players
56 posts
11,190 battles

Again the WG doesn't listen. First cvs in the ranks is not good the majority doesn't like it, second irrevocable in 12 only ond nothing else. Who is the smart that decides that? NICE work as always! Continue like this

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-YR-]
Players
597 posts
15,899 battles

Stop complaining about CV, Smolensk etc. 

As long as a team will have player like this, Ranked will Always looks like a Bingo. You get lucky and get the good team. You are unlucky… Sorry and F@k you. 

In the end it takes more patience than skill to progress.

End of my rant (for now)

DD player on Ranked Season 14 .png

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,006 posts
21,779 battles

So far the experience is rather weird, reached rank 8 and then it was a full series of roflstomps and now back to rank 10...  Have witnessed players with 8k battles and 39% winrate, full hp battleships not doing anything at all throughout the battle and then just rush dying or getting obliterated because they showed their full side to the enemy.

Lost matches that we were winning just because my teams seem happy to suicide but in the end it's not who puts a fight but who farms damage...

Players
23 posts
9,719 battles

Ranked is getting  more and more cancerous with each iteration. Not because of Smolensk, CVs etc. But because you are completely powerless to change anything in at least half of those battles. No matter what you do, suddenly half of the team decides to die and it does so with great success. And then you're done. It is really interesting also to look at tier X players that don't shoot dds even in ranked and prefer to shoot an angled Kremlin far far away... Two days in a row I try to unstick my [edited]from rank 10 and it's impossible, because each second battle teammates just [edited]DIE almost immediately after they are spotted.  I may be not the best player but after three years of playing this game, I can only say that ranked is the worst, worst thing that exists here - not fun, not amusing, not pleasant.  Exactly the opposite feelings than those required of any game. 

• Cool 1

[SV3]
Players
28 posts
3,119 battles

As a CV main I love to be able to play Ranked in the class I am most competitive in. And personally I have no problem with CVs, Smolensk or ANY particular ship in ranked, people should play the ship they are comfortable and do well in first and foremost.

However, one thing that I can't wrap my head around is the way (some) people play in Ranked. It is like they're not even trying to play to win or take the game seriously, and just sail off into a random direction hoping to find the hidden treasure containing all the rewards to be had for playing the game mode. 

I am well aware that the format of Ranked with how the rank progression work that ranked games in World of Warships will contain a higher variety in player skill level compared to an ELO based system of other games such as Counter-Strike, DotA or League of Legends. But the tendencies of some players I've encountered in Ranked can't (in my eyes) be explained by a variety of skill. To give an analogy: It would be like signing to play in a football tournament just to run around the field staring at the audience, playing no attention to what all the other players on the field are doing.

I'm just completely puzzled by this behavior! :cap_wander:

[OLEUM]
Players
57 posts
19,944 battles

Worst season so far, ready to quit very early as I can say I had fun in only one game rly where there was no smolensk and I hydroed 2dds in GK. Smolensk, smolensk, smolensk, stalingrad, smolensk, smolensk, Kremlin, smolensk, smolensk, smolensk, stalingrad, kleber - ruining game round and round. There was no more cancerous season IMHO. Smolensk took over top cancer from CVs. It doesn't matter WG that you create new tempting content like black ships etc. if you drag fun factor to the very bottom like this I am not willing to sponsor it

Players
23 posts
9,719 battles

After playing a little more and being now stuck at rank 7-8 for about 40 battles - yes, forty - I can say that this is indeed the worst ranked season I have played. Smolensk, smolensk, smolensk. Two or three Smolensks. Yes, Kremlin is OP, but there is nothing like the f uc ki n-g Smolensk. Meanwhile, players seem not to become much better as you grind up the ranks. Same idiotic behavior, dds going right into radars to cap a cap that is impossible to cap... on the other side, everyone prefers to shoot the angled Kremlin instead of a cruiser that is almost broadside... and again, Smolensk, Smolensk, Smolensk. CVs are OK, because at least they make the game more enjoyable (yes, they can screw you up, but at least there is some spotting so you can play without being blind). But the damn Smolensk is worse than testicular and colorectal cancer combined. It hits you at the balls and then stuffs them up your butt. Conclusion: NOT FUN. And a game should always be fun, at least a bit. 

[-YR-]
Players
597 posts
15,899 battles
On 11/28/2019 at 10:43 PM, tsounts said:

Have witnessed players with 8k battles and 39% winrate,

That was a "veteran". So far the more incredible player was a guy with 716 (yes Seven hundred sixteen) battles. out of wich 5 in tier X . And he was driving (guess this is probably the word that better describe his actions) a Midway . :Smile_hiding:

do you  think we won? 

:Smile_honoring:

[BNI]
Beta Tester
310 posts
17,202 battles
On 11/29/2019 at 12:35 AM, Leo13131313 said:

Ranked is getting  more and more cancerous with each iteration. Not because of Smolensk, CVs etc. But because you are completely powerless to change anything in at least half of those battles. No matter what you do, suddenly half of the team decides to die and it does so with great success. And then you're done. It is really interesting also to look at tier X players that don't shoot dds even in ranked and prefer to shoot an angled Kremlin far far away... Two days in a row I try to unstick my [edited]from rank 10 and it's impossible, because each second battle teammates just [edited]DIE almost immediately after they are spotted.  I may be not the best player but after three years of playing this game, I can only say that ranked is the worst, worst thing that exists here - not fun, not amusing, not pleasant.  Exactly the opposite feelings than those required of any game. 

Well, every player wants to play Ranked, right ? Just simply accept that about 80% of all players have a lower then 50% WB, 20% has 60% and the few left ....

Life was never fair ;)

Players
23 posts
9,719 battles
1 minute ago, Evergreen said:

Well, every player wants to play Ranked, right ? Just simply accept that about 80% of all players have a lower then 50% WB, 20% has 60% and the few left ....

Life was never fair ;)

I can't accept that players grinded their way through ranks (let's even forget about their stats and experience) and still can't understand that if you don't kill enemy dds and they kill your dds, 97% of times you will lose after that. That it's pointless to shoot an angled Kremlin 18km away. That there are little white circles on the map, which have to be green and not red or you will lose.Then I thought "screw this", and what I did was to grind the Kremlin (since I had the Soyuz anyway) and guess what - 50k salvoes on battleships, 3-4 kills, devastating stikes etc - but still I feel powerless to change the course of the battle when the "team" decides it is time to lose. That's my problem, the fact that more often than not, you can't change anything when they do their thing.  Oh, and usually when you lose, one of the Smolensks on your team retains the star, because he spammed some huge amount of HE damage from his smoke. Fun and engaging. 

[GNG]
[GNG]
Players
45 posts
9,589 battles

MM is  work as intended   minotaur smolensk zao vs stalingrad moskva des moines  hot the actual F..... is that random  and not only once but few time

Players
23 posts
9,719 battles

After playing some more, I am happy to say that I have not paid for this game for almost a year and I will certainly not pay a dime again.

• Cool 1

[BNI]
Beta Tester
310 posts
17,202 battles
On 11/30/2019 at 4:56 PM, Leo13131313 said:

I can't accept that players grinded their way through ranks (let's even forget about their stats and experience) and still can't understand that if you don't kill enemy dds and they kill your dds, 97% of times you will lose after that. That it's pointless to shoot an angled Kremlin 18km away. That there are little white circles on the map, which have to be green and not red or you will lose.Then I thought "screw this", and what I did was to grind the Kremlin (since I had the Soyuz anyway) and guess what - 50k salvoes on battleships, 3-4 kills, devastating stikes etc - but still I feel powerless to change the course of the battle when the "team" decides it is time to lose. That's my problem, the fact that more often than not, you can't change anything when they do their thing.  Oh, and usually when you lose, one of the Smolensks on your team retains the star, because he spammed some huge amount of HE damage from his smoke. Fun and engaging. 

Ok. I was saying it the "nice way" the first time.

From upto the first Ranked Battles it seems that you (and i) are teamed up with weekend warriors and brainless amoebes, that don't have a slight clue about what they should do. Just sailing around like headless chickens, and doing pew pew only. BB's that stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the enemy, thinking they can snipe the hell out the enemy, from behind their cosy island......

Do i have to continue ?

• Cool 1

Players
56 posts
11,190 battles

After playing a little and stuck at rank 8 i went back to rank 11! So i uninstalled the game and take a long pause from this . Tired from WG .

Players
23 posts
9,719 battles
2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Ok. I was saying it the "nice way" the first time.

From upto the first Ranked Battles it seems that you (and i) are teamed up with weekend warriors and brainless amoebes, that don't have a slight clue about what they should do. Just sailing around like headless chickens, and doing pew pew only. BB's that stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the enemy, thinking they can snipe the hell out the enemy, from behind their cosy island......

Do i have to continue ?

Yeah, that actually describes the whole thing. What is bad though, is that now they can also have a Smolensk. Which is honestly bad for everyone. Damn it, it has smoke, it has insane dpm, it has hydro, it has range. So it can't be torped, it usually can't be radared because it sits too far for any radar and all you can do is to blindfire in the smoke. But I have also noticed that, while I regularly kill Minotaurs in smoke, this abominable thing tends to eat overpens instead of citadels. So what is the purpose of that damn ship? To make gameplay more enjoyable? Really?

But anyway, after an absolutely insane amount of battles per day, I reached rank 6 now...

[-YR-]
Players
597 posts
15,899 battles
On 11/30/2019 at 7:32 PM, Leo13131313 said:

After playing some more, I am happy to say that I have not paid for this game for almost a year and I will certainly not pay a dime again.

23 minutes ago, DarthB0B0 said:

This mode.. OMG its just horrible. I'm out of it

I share your sense of frustration. Let's try to use it to improve the game. Or at least try. 

thanks

[PC]
Players
151 posts

Jingles voice should be a mandatory audio setting for ranked:

"We are winning, try not to do anything stupid!"

[TRV]
Beta Tester
136 posts
12,511 battles

Ranked an good idea badly designed.

A couple of moths ago there was a large discussion about how to keep "old"players, and they did come with that research center thingy,,

The thing they have in place that COULD have been a high light for "old" and experienced players is ranked, but it aint, as it is now its a "must do grind" for clan battle players and a "should try" for players not able to do clan battles.

All the negative feedback on the forums confirms this, who know a player hwo thinks of ranked battles as fun ??, and that is wrong.

All humans do competitions because they want to feel good in a certain thing, in wows it might be spotting, damage, sinking ships or handeling a particular ship well compared to others.

For an event to be a real competition or/and test of skill  some requirements needs to be met as(in this case wows)

1) The participant need to have pasion enough for what he does to always try improve hes handling of the current ship.

2) He/she needs to believe he/she are handling his ship better then someone, preferably as many as possible.

3) He/she needs to be interested in winning and competing.

None of this is found by a huge number of ranked battles players, its like going on a deer hunt with a group, then 2-3 guys start yelling because the echo sound wierd out in the bush..

You find players who hardly know how to handle tier 1-4 ships testing their yamato, or any other ship for that matter.

If WG wants to keep old players hwo cant do clan battles they need to start doing real things to keep players motivated, i really really did "try) look forward to this ranked season, practised in the tier 10 ships i did best in, tested out how to do better in small group and such. But after last couple of battles i have kinda dropped the ball on this.. (screenshot of last team). I dont play well enough to sink or/and outcap an entire enemy team, not even half an enemy team. And frankly there isnt one player out there who could do it eighter(on demand, one lucky battle we all have had).

Some form of criteria has to be met to be a part of Ranked battles, as it is now its random battles with a bonus...

For me its starting to get a bit late, most of the guys i used to play with has already quit and uninstalled wows.....so please please WG try harder, 

This battle i died trying to hold B, begging my team to come and fight, checking afterward none of the other team members had average tier higher then 6,8 last months battles. Might say i was dumb to try hold alone, but when i did see my team stop it was to late.

shot-19.12.07_06.33.32-0517.jpg

[TL-BG]
Players
2 posts
12,460 battles

Dear Wargaming 

Rank sucks  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  people are hiding all around the map so they can be last  ! and the f++king reports are nothing but a joke !!!!  make that game possible to play or you will loose   the few people who play it !!!!

[UFP]
Players
13 posts
8,973 battles

Hi! Support said I should write my suggestions to here about the ranked.
I think the Star System is unfair and I can see many angry comments about the ranked battles in the facebook groups. I hope a developer will read this.:

I suggest you the next system:

Winner team:

first by xp: get 2 stars
others over 1k xp: get star
others under 1k xp: dont get star
2 kill get star no matter of xp

Looser team:

first by xp over 1k xp: get 1 star
others over 1k xp: dont loose star
others under 1k xp: loose stars
last under 1k xp: loose 2 stars
2 kill dont loose star no matter of xp

R20-R10 5 stars per stage
R9-R2 10 stars per stage
R1 10 stars and one outstanding battle over 2k xp

These changes would make the ranked battles more fair and enjoyable.
Idiot team can make good players nervous coz of loosing stars. First places in the team arent sure, and lucky idiots can get them too in front of useful players.
I think in this system more player would take part in ranked. I know many players hate and ignored ranked coz of its unfair system.

Sign in to follow this