You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

Italian Arc: Part II

14 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,436 posts
4,196 battles

ffecf41e-0519-11ea-af7b-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

Captains! :Smile_medal:

The Italian arc continues! With the release of Update 0.8.10, the branch of Italian cruisers will become available for everyone to research.

Update 0.8.10 welcomes a new collection dedicated to the Italian Navy. The collection consists of four sections, with four elements in each.

The reward for completing the sections is 1 day of Premium Account.

The rewards for completing the entire collection are an achievement and the unique Italian Commander, Luigi Sansonetti, who possesses the following talents:

• Scorched by Fury—activates when you score the Confederate achievement and reduces the reload time of the main battery guns by 15%.
  • Triumphant Haul—activates after you destroy an enemy ship and extends the main battery’s firing range by 8%. Can be activated once per battle.
  • Desperate Resistance—activates after you score 100 main battery shell hit ribbons and prolongs the action time of all consumables by 10%. Can be activated once per battle.

Besides the aforementioned talents, this Italian Commander enjoys two enhanced skills: Expert Loader and Torpedo Acceleration.

e7607aa0-012d-11ea-8798-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

During Update 0.8.10, containers with collectibles can be obtained as follows:

• Up to six containers for completing Directives of the event
  • Up to 29 containers in the Armory using Mediterranean Tokens—a new temporary resource
  • Up to three containers from Daily Shipments

Elements of the collection can only be obtained from the relevant event containers. 

All information you can find in our Update portal article

Players
437 posts
14,963 battles

I am disappointed to find one again that many directives do not count Clan Battles towards their progress. I can understand why the special circumstances of Twilight Battles would render them ineligible for some directives, but do you really think people are farming unfair amounts of DD damage and secondary hits in CBs? Do you think wins are more easily found in CBs? Regular Clan Battle players are showing a lot of dedication to the game, both by playing at the highest level of regular play and - in many clans - by simply idling while waiting for a full div; the decision to deny them these basic rewards unless they double their weekly play time by also taking part in Random battles is unfair and rather miserly. Please allow Clan Battles to count towards all directives and the Daily Mission chains in future.

This latest unique, limited availablity captain is a further step in the wrong direction for game balance. Other game modes may never be as well balanced as Clan Battles, but that is no justification for actively degrading game balance by introducing the manifestly OP 'special talents' into Random Battles and especially Ranked Battles. All such captains should be stripped of these talents and their improved skills should be balanced by degraded ones.

• Cool 4

[VMV]
Beta Tester
4 posts
6,269 battles

Now that we can see the stats of the italian cruiser line it seems to me that the health for the Tier 1 ship could be wrong, it has 8000 HP what is about double of the other existing tier 1's, for instance it looks similar to the german hermelin, a short and high ship with a fast firing (3.5 sec vs 4 sec) double barrel turret front and aft, but the german is 3750 HP vs 8000 HP, i don't think this is normal or desirable.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

While this directive really shines in the absolute lack of originality of content, a huge improvement is that now there are no missions limited for "that nation's ship of T7 or higher" like with previous pre-release ships (French DD's, Russian BB's, British DD's,...)

• Cool 1

Players
437 posts
14,963 battles

Yes, the performance requirements for the directives have been steadily becoming more reasonable over the last few sets. Once directives are no longer arbitrarily excluded from Clan Battles, the concept will be working about as well as it can.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,436 posts
4,196 battles
V 16. 11. 2019 v 13:27 thedoctor297 řekl/a:

Next time give first the commander and after the ships... ITs so simple but probably we ask to much for wg to think

Why would we first give the special commander and after that the ships? That you would have a commander, that you can't mount to any ship (counting the option, that you don't have Ducas, GC or Roma and you didn't drop any mission)?

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
571 posts
9,183 battles
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Why would we first give the special commander and after that the ships? That you would have a commander, that you can't mount to any ship (counting the option, that you don't have Ducas, GC or Roma and you didn't drop any mission)?

In my opinion if you give the commander before we can assign him to the ships when we have them. Giving him after, we already trained a 10 pts captain on the Italian line, which will be discarded if you don't want to keep more than 1 ship in your harbour for that line, selling the older one once researching the newer.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,436 posts
4,196 battles
Před 4 minutami Aetius85 řekl/a:

In my opinion if you give the commander before we can assign him to the ships when we have them. Giving him after, we already trained a 10 pts captain on the Italian line, which will be discarded if you don't want to keep more than 1 ship in your harbour for that line, selling the older one once researching the newer.

OK, this means more sense for me than before. But still you are mostly suggesting to have the option to chose on which ship will be the captain trained, for example of those, that you have in port right now. This I can send as a feedback, not the one having the captain before ships. Also taking in consideration, that recently you get early access ships in the beginning of the new arc. 

[BATES]
Players
571 posts
9,183 battles
9 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

OK, this means more sense for me than before. But still you are mostly suggesting to have the option to chose on which ship will be the captain trained, for example of those, that you have in port right now. This I can send as a feedback, not the one having the captain before ships. Also taking in consideration, that recently you get early access ships in the beginning of the new arc. 

Your option is not resolving my "issue", because I have only 1 ship obtained with the early access, with the captain used during the first arc which reached 10 pts. So if I leave the old one on the Montecuccoli I can choose to train Sansonetti for Trento, but what should I do with the previous captain?

I think the suggestion of theDoctor above (@thedoctor297 correct me if I am wrong) and also mine (having the captain before) is the chance to assign and train him during the early access, so we can cumulate xp directly on him and not waste on a captain we'll not use more.