You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GengesKhan

Matchmaking MUST have a WR% criteria in their algoritam!!!

28 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
19,601 battles

This game is doomed lately so much and so bad that becomes unplayable. So many noobs in unbalanced game. People playing shimas with no camo, 20km torps and 17k HP, and of course 3 of those are in the same team. I really dont care about the excell table they put on a web page for MM, it is ridicilous. MM MUST be maked by a players WR% if you wanna keep this game alive. 10 of my friends with 15k games already sold theis accounts, they can not take it any more...and I undrestand them perfectly. Last month my games are like this: either half of my team dies like bobs in first 3mins of the game, either enemy team do that...anyway it is frustrating, borring and unplayable. You want to put the submarines and your game interface is just like from the 1990. You keep introducing new ships, but you never even consider to make the balanced teams. Dunno what are you doing, but you doing it so wrong. Very soon, if nothing changes in balancing the teams regarding the WR%, this game is finished. You can make categories or something, if there is 8 players with 32%WR DONT put all of them in one team, makes no sense. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
24,724 posts
13,686 battles

People are saying this for over 4 years. Game is still there.

It was explained often enough: you cannot use a metric for MM that influences itself.

• Cool 5

Players
528 posts
3,721 battles

Maybe join a clan...and do clan battles.... just a little idea.

They say that clan battles are super intensive and the fighting styles are superbe. 

[ALYEN]
Players
1,525 posts
3,349 battles
50 minutes ago, GengesKhan said:

This game is doomed lately so much and so bad that becomes unplayable. So many noobs in unbalanced game. People playing shimas with no camo, 20km torps and 17k HP, and of course 3 of those are in the same team. I really dont care about the excell table they put on a web page for MM, it is ridicilous. MM MUST be maked by a players WR% if you wanna keep this game alive. 10 of my friends with 15k games already sold theis accounts, they can not take it any more...and I undrestand them perfectly. Last month my games are like this: either half of my team dies like bobs in first 3mins of the game, either enemy team do that...anyway it is frustrating, borring and unplayable. You want to put the submarines and your game interface is just like from the 1990. You keep introducing new ships, but you never even consider to make the balanced teams. Dunno what are you doing, but you doing it so wrong. Very soon, if nothing changes in balancing the teams regarding the WR%, this game is finished. You can make categories or something, if there is 8 players with 32%WR DONT put all of them in one team, makes no sense. 

The game is stale not because of the MM but rather because of lack of new game modes etc ... Doing copy/pasta premiums and crap lines like the Italian cruisers will not help the game.

Also WR is not an indication of anything much ... A unicum can troll with no camo shima with 20km torps as well as anybody else ...

Beta Tester
187 posts
4,791 battles
34 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It was explained often enough: you cannot use a metric for MM that influences itself.

What? Of course. Plenty of other games do it too. The population of wows might be a bit small for anything sophisticated but a simple top 50% bottom 50% split would work with people being swapped between the two if they are e.g. a 51% player.

[CATS]
Players
24,724 posts
13,686 battles
3 minutes ago, Pappus said:

What? Of course. Plenty of other games do it too. The population of wows might be a bit small for anything sophisticated but a simple top 50% bottom 50% split would work with people being swapped between the two if they are e.g. a 51% player.

No. Other games use league or ELO systems.

[-AP-]
Players
2,347 posts
5,727 battles
11 minutes ago, Pappus said:

wr is a metric that is directly determined by battles outcome -> use wr to balance all teams close to 50%, which determines battle outcome -> everyone now has a 50% winrate -> now how do you balance matches?

Also there is the issue even if you can get a metric that would work, that you would punish good players with bad teammates, so why would i want to bother getting better at the game if im just gonna get punished for it?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
187 posts
4,791 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No. Other games use league or ELO systems.

And just what do you think the ELO system is based on?

Either way Overwatch does it for example. straight up tries to make 50/50 games.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,578 posts
8,425 battles
6 minutes ago, Pappus said:

And just what do you think the ELO system is based on?

definetly NOT on a winrate

ELO uses a formula to calculate the new ELO values based on the outcome of a match and the previous values (differences)

Players
11 posts
19,601 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

ELO system, maybe???

[NMA]
Players
1,019 posts
17,233 battles

"Randoms" should be treated as a fast "drop in drop out" game mode. Most games have it, even highly competitive games have it (CS:GO or Apex just to name few). A game mode where anything goes and it's all about pew pew.  The sooner you come to terms that randoms is just a sh*t show, sooner you'll stop caring, and maybe actually have some fun. It took me a long long while to come to terms with it. Too many bad words were said in the meantime. :Smile_hiding:

If you ask me, quality game play can only be found in clan battles. It is a game mode where skill and proper team play shine and you truly get exciting and close games (most of the time).

What I don't get it and find it hard to accept is getting judged (your skill and your abilities) by the performance you put in said casual game mode like randoms. But it seems that is the way it is. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
19,601 battles
2 minutes ago, quickr said:

"Randoms" should be treated as a fast "drop in drop out" game mode. Most games have it, even highly competitive games have it (CS:GO or Apex just to name few). A game mode where anything goes and it's all about pew pew.  The sooner you come to terms that randoms is just a sh*t show, sooner you'll stop caring, and maybe actually have some fun. It took me a long long while to come to terms with it. Too many bad words were said in the meantime. :Smile_hiding:

If you ask me, quality game play can only be found in clan battles. It is a game mode where skill and proper team play shine and you truly get exciting and close games (most of the time).

What I don't get it and find it hard to accept is getting judged (your skill and your abilities) by the performance you put in said casual game mode like randoms. But it seems that is the way it is. :Smile_sceptic:

I agree about CB, but CB you have in a restricted time and some of us have a real life :D. Anyway, if there is a way to fix MM in randoms, and ELO is just one of them, then why the hell you dont fix it? If you know what I mean. Also, someone said that 4 years people talking about this and still game is here, yes, true that BUT the game now is on a so low quality that is unplayable. And if this continues, very soon there will be only noobs with payed ACCs, the real players will just switch to another game. They already doing it a lot.

[NMA]
Players
1,019 posts
17,233 battles
3 minutes ago, albin322 said:

you mean a algoritm ? 

Yes, a process

Players
291 posts
13,294 battles

Atleast it should be balanced at division level since it stupid to somebody have super unicum division of 3 players and other team total potato division, you cant win against that.

[THESO]
Players
918 posts
7,475 battles
43 minutes ago, thiextar said:

wr is a metric that is directly determined by battles outcome -> use wr to balance all teams close to 50%, which determines battle outcome -> everyone now has a 50% winrate -> now how do you balance matches?

Also there is the issue even if you can get a metric that would work, that you would punish good players with bad teammates, so why would i want to bother getting better at the game if im just gonna get punished for it?

The idea of using wr as a metric in MM does not necessarily imply that all players in a match should be of equal skill. But rather the evenly distribution of unicums and potatoes in both teams. 

Streamrolls happen because mm puts all the unicums in the match pool in one team and all the potatoes in the other more often than not. 

Players
372 posts
1,227 battles

Make premium MM ie match with similar WR players part of the Paid For Premium stuff?

That way people who only want to play with similar people can but those of us who aren't bothered can ignore it.

Shoganai

Edited by Molly_Delaney
spelling/words

Players
6,105 posts
2 hours ago, GengesKhan said:

10 of my friends with 15k games already sold theis accounts, they can not take it any more

So you are saying... even behind experianced, high stat accounts there are now newbs? Wouldnt that kinda beat your proposal to balance teams by Winrate tho? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SV]
Players
622 posts
10,836 battles
1 minute ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Make premium MM ie match with similar WR players part of the Paid For Premium stuff?

That way people who only want to play with similar people can but those of us who aren't bothered can ignore it.

Shoganai

ehm no i like my seal stomping !

• Cool 1

Players
372 posts
1,227 battles

Plus if everyone is of the same WR how can people score glorious Double Krakens?

Or brag about carrying the team? (a valid achievement)

:cap_popcorn: