Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Grzegorz

New black camo ships.

39 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
701 posts
11,549 battles

I was hoping someone else will start the discussion, but it looks like I have to do it.

My main question is if anyone knows how they have chosen the ships?

Last year I had a feeling that OMG so cool, this year is more of "why would you pick up this ships?"

Is it just me? Or is it symptom of something deeper?

Please do not speculate how they will be obtainable just if you like the choice.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,869 posts
11,608 battles

There was some kind of discussion already when Dev-Blog-Article went live: 

[CAIN]
Players
4,235 posts
17,286 battles

Sims? Yes. Black Shiny? Yes. Zeppelin? No. Alaska? No. 

WG just had to cram in a CV and, since they started selling TIX premiums, a TIX ship. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,622 battles
16 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Sims? Yes. Black Shiny? Yes. Zeppelin? No. Alaska? No. 

WG just had to cram in a CV and, since they started selling TIX premiums, a TIX ship. 

Not appealing ships imho. On Vanguard that camo would look amazing, JB also (if you have black-French camo on Dunkerque you know that I mean) , the Kidd in black would be awesome. Scharn is ok. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
38 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I was hoping someone else will start the discussion, but it looks like I have to do it.

My main question is if anyone knows how they have chosen the ships?

Last year I had a feeling that OMG so cool, this year is more of "why would you pick up this ships?"

Is it just me? Or is it symptom of something deeper?

Please do not speculate how they will be obtainable just if you like the choice.

You can make all your ships black by changing the camos in the camouflages.xml file.

Beta Tester
701 posts
11,549 battles
15 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

You can make all your ships black by changing the camos in the camouflages.xml file.

You sure that Massachusets with black camo will look exactly like Massachusets B?

As there is no such thing as black camo (there is similar, but not same).

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,750 posts
11,031 battles
33 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

You sure that Massachusets with black camo will look exactly like Massachusets B?

There is always a black friday expandable camo in the boxes, isnt that the same as the black friday permacamos? 

[SM0KE]
Players
4,854 posts
11,844 battles
2 hours ago, kfa said:

There is always a black friday expandable camo in the boxes, isnt that the same as the black friday permacamos? 

Assuming I remember correctly which one the expendable one is, they're different - the permaflages have a 'neater' aesthetic, and silver detailing. Basically, they're what you'd get if you squeezed a ship into a gimp suit...

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
701 posts
11,549 battles
2 hours ago, kfa said:

isnt that the same as the black friday permacamos? 

no.

6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

the permaflages have a 'neater' aesthetic, and silver detailing

yes.

Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles

I guess it all depends on player preference and what you already have in port.. my 5 cents...

Sims B? Yes. Because I don't have it, I like DD's, and one that is so very maneuvrable, has solid guns and good AA seems fun to me.

Scharnhorst B? Kinda nice, I guess, but pointless for me since I already have the Scharn and don't really need 2 of them, black or not.

Alaska B? I own the "normal" Alaska and find her boring to play so she's a bit of a port queen for me.. on top of that, she's about to get power crept by the Puerto Rico. I'll leave you to figure out how much I'm interested in owning two Alaskas when I can't be bothered to play the original one.

Graf Zeppelin B? It's a CV, so no. Not enough of an explanation? Well, it's a CV. That class doesn't exist. It was all a bad dream. Wait, what do you mean it's real, stop talking!  Seriously though, even if I had any interest in CV's, which I don't, the GZ appears to be the weakest of the t8 prem bunch so, my interest in having the B version is basically zero. 

Overall? Getting the Sims B would be nice, but buying these containers hoping to get that one ship that wouldn't be entirely useless to me seems like a bad plan, so I very much doubt I'll be buying any black friday containers this year. Might shell out for the Sims B directly if the price is right.

• Cool 1

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
36 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Assuming I remember correctly which one the expendable one is, they're different - the permaflages have a 'neater' aesthetic, and silver detailing. Basically, they're what you'd get if you squeezed a ship into a gimp suit...

Too bad you need to buy a whole ship to get it.

14 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Sims B? Yes. Because I don't have it, I like DD's, and one that is so very maneuvrable, has solid guns and good AA seems fun to me.

Not since 0.8.0. Sims AA is a joke and if you expect CVs to not murder you more than some other DD, you will be disappointed. As for the rest, it is maneuverable, yes. The guns are better on Mahan though, as are the torps. Sims concealment with 6.6 km is kinda poor, speed is good. You basically speed around on the battlefield with mediocre armament and bad concealment.

• Cool 1

Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
4 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Too bad you need to buy a whole ship to get it.

Not since 0.8.0. Sims AA is a joke and if you expect CVs to not murder you more than some other DD, you will be disappointed. As for the rest, it is maneuverable, yes. The guns are better on Mahan though, as are the torps. Sims concealment with 6.6 km is kinda poor, speed is good. You basically speed around on the battlefield with mediocre armament and bad concealment.

Didn't realize the 0.8.0 "Balans is dropped from the sky, comrade" patch hit it that hard. Thanks for the warning!

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,574 posts
25,383 battles

Black with black camo would be great. Black with proper model and black camo would be amazing. 

• Cool 2

Players
131 posts
2,026 battles

Technical question - if I already have Gräfin in my port, is the black edition just a completely separate ship? like with its own modules, experience and daily victory bonus? or do I just get a metaphorical bucket of black paint?

since having both of them would raise the count of my GZ versus GZ actually in service by whooping 200% :Smile_sceptic:

edit: actually two versus zero is a growth of infinity %

Edited by mein_nick_ist_besetzt
typo and maths

[DTTAH]
Players
41 posts
10,153 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, mein_nick_ist_besetzt sagte:

is the black edition just a completely separate ship?

This !

[SM0KE]
Players
4,854 posts
11,844 battles
17 minutes ago, mein_nick_ist_besetzt said:

like with its own modules, experience and daily victory bonus?

It's the latter part that decided me on picking some of last year's up - if you have a 19 point captain to hand, the extra daily bonus can make quite a bit of difference.

I don't think this year's ships are as compelling though (to me, anyway); I quite fancy duplicate Scharn and Sims though...

Players
131 posts
2,026 battles
4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

It's the latter part that decided me on picking some of last year's up - if you have a 19 point captain to hand, the extra daily bonus can make quite a bit of difference.

well I don't... yet. It looks like a training setup for one, though

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
4,854 posts
11,844 battles
1 hour ago, mein_nick_ist_besetzt said:

It looks like a training setup for one, though

It's basically the same process; whilst 'unique' premiums (i.e. those that require specific captain builds) can be fun, for one's earlier premiums, it's sensible to pick things that work with the corresponding silver ships' captains.

For example, I have a lot of US DDs, and most of them work with a similar captain build; so I can take the silver captain I want to focus on and cycle him through the daily win bonus of the relevant silver ship, plus something like half a dozen premiums. If you're short on time, this approach can maximise the efficiency of your playing time (if captain development is your priority)...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
6 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

54 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

More details please, im interested ^^

I'll take a look and see what I can do. Will post result, or lack of it, later.

• Cool 2

Players
385 posts
2 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

I'm not the kind of player you issue a chat ban to!

Hide contents

Chat banning me will have consequences for other than myself

Spoiler

Trollspotting.thumb.jpg.fa648c8a25051244d0771e5d4329e2af.jpg

scnr    ; )

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this