Sign in to follow this  
iTchyfoot

Henri IV and Engine Boost Modification 1

4 comments in this topic

Players
223 posts
4,814 battles

howdy folks,

first of all i did try the search function, nothing useful came out of that, so here is my question -

does anyone use the Engine Boost Modification 1 on Henri IV? it's the coal upgrade that you get in the Armory and it goes in the second slot. now, the reason i ask this is that so far i've used the Steering Gears Mod. 1, as (from my experience) French cruisers have issues with rudder damage. anyone looks at you the wrong way and your steering is gone. i've had my rudder damaged almost every game, even with the Steering Gears Mod. 1. now i have the Henri IV and am contemplating putting the Engine Boost Mod. 1 in, as this would convert my Henri IV into Road Runner pretty much for most of the game but i am afraid that even though i will be fast i will have my rudder constantly broken. so does anyone use it? and if so, does the rudder get damaged all the time?

thanks for any and all advice..

[1FA]
Players
236 posts
14,641 battles

Hello,

AFAIK French cruisers up to T9 Sēn Luī have fragile steering gear, but Ānri IV at T10 finaly gets some protection, therefore the upgrade is not needed (so badly).

Personaly I use the extended engine boost on all my French cruisers (because that is what makes them great fun to play) but their commanders also have learned the Last Stand skill.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,400 posts
4,117 battles

If you are using a double rudder (avoidance) build instead of a stealth build, SGM3 not only reduces rudder shift time but also rudder repair time. 

Players
2,799 posts
15,742 battles

There is absolutely no reason not to get speedboost mod on the Henri. I never used anything else.

I've played my Henri 3 ways

1) Double rudder shift mods - my favorite for actively dodging fire (also provides lots faster ruddershift repair time, i think around 15s tops)

2) Legendary mod Henri - trades rudder shift for LM, its a 20+ km range high dpm troll-build for random battles (spotted from 15+ km, slow rudder shift so has to play respectfully and far back)

3) Full concealment build - my least favorite. Full concealment isnt very impressive and Henri wants to be shooting all the time anyway, so this is just a bad build imo.

Sign in to follow this