You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pompeythegreat

Teamkill function

12 comments in this topic

[JACKS]
Players
19 posts
5,948 battles

I've been playing WOW for four years. I am reasonably careful and only very occasionally do I get purpled. In the last month it has happened a few times, most of which I was surprised as I was not aware of any allies in the area.  This afternoon I was in my  Kagero having a duel with a Soviet Leningrad DD.  (We had been firing at each other for a while.) We were quite alone in the SE corner of the chart. I fired a salvo at her and she blew up! The voice of God said "Do not fire at your allies...etc," and I got four Purple points.  Seriously, there was no allied ship in the area. Has this happened to anyone else lately?

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,329 battles
36 minutes ago, Pompeythegreat said:

I've been playing WOW for four years. I am reasonably careful and only very occasionally do I get purpled. In the last month it has happened a few times, most of which I was surprised as I was not aware of any allies in the area.  This afternoon I was in my  Kagero having a duel with a Soviet Leningrad DD.  (We had been firing at each other for a while.) We were quite alone in the SE corner of the chart. I fired a salvo at her and she blew up! The voice of God said "Do not fire at your allies...etc," and I got four Purple points.  Seriously, there was no allied ship in the area. Has this happened to anyone else lately?

Not sure how to ask this politely, so i ask directly: 

Is it possible that the Leningrad was on your team? :Smile_hiding:

And a replay would be nice.

• Funny 9

Players
208 posts
4,442 battles

Had a fabulous treble kill yesterday in Minotaur, an opposition Henri IV took 6 torps on my left, an opposition Roon took 2 on my right............and a poor team mate Gearing took 4 behind the Roon!  :cap_rambo:

I apologised but he was really unhappy even though I had no idea he was there and he had at least 7km to see them, so the accidental kill can happen when least expected and in strange places.

[JACKS]
Players
19 posts
5,948 battles

Well, it has happened again. In North East of chart all on my own with a USS Dallas when an enemy fleet Pioytr Velekey appears, tucked away in the extreme NE corner. The nearest allied vessel was several klicks south of me. I broadsided the Velekey and the voice of God sounded; "Do not fire at your allies!"  I might go for a reinstall.

Players
2,632 posts
On 11/12/2019 at 6:52 PM, Jethro_Grey said:

Not sure how to ask this politely, so i ask directly: 

Is it possible that the Leningrad was on your team? :Smile_hiding:

And a replay would be nice.

:Smile_teethhappy:Probably best comment I've read this year and perhaps one of the best of all time. Congrats :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,261 posts
4,988 battles
10 minutes ago, Pompeythegreat said:

Well, it has happened again. In North East of chart all on my own with a USS Dallas when an enemy fleet Pioytr Velekey appears, tucked away in the extreme NE corner. The nearest allied vessel was several klicks south of me. I broadsided the Velekey and the voice of God sounded; "Do not fire at your allies!"  I might go for a reinstall.

We definetly need replays.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,185 posts
18,932 battles

Go to your install directory. There should be a replay folder. Post the match in which you supposedly TK'd someone here.

[JACKS]
Players
19 posts
5,948 battles
44 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Go to your install directory. There should be a replay folder. Post the match in which you supposedly TK'd someone here.

I never knew this was available, thanks for the heads up. However, my replay folder only has some games from September - no later. Any thoughts?  A setting maybe.  Also, what will play these files - my PC hasn't any associations for them? Thanks.