Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Happy_Aaron

Why? Just why?

19 comments in this topic

[MORIA]
Players
7,197 posts
33,643 battles
7 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Do not get shot that much that early.

It's not so early 11 min to the end. 

[CATS]
Players
24,758 posts
13,694 battles
5 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

It's not so early 11 min to the end. 

That is early. And look at the teams.

• Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,197 posts
33,643 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That is early. And look at the teams.

Had few battles yesterday ending 12-13 min from end. For these days standards - it's not early. 

[CATS]
Players
24,758 posts
13,694 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Had few battles yesterday ending 12-13 min from end. For these days standards - it's not early. 

The game is far from ending.

• Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,197 posts
33,643 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

The game is far from ending.

Read my post again. I had few 7-8 min battles in the last days (12-13 min from ending ) so 11 min from ending (9 min in the battle) isn't short at all. I'm talking in general here. 

@BLUB__BLUB here to confirm.

[BBMM]
Players
5,519 posts
6,675 battles
5 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Read my post again. I had few 7-8 min battles in the last days (12-13 min from ending ) so 11 min from ending (9 min in the battle) isn't short at all. Or maybe you're not seeing this. 

Oh and btw it's like I'm talking about singing and you got completely out of nowhere assumption? Get some coffee man you're still sleeping.

I think you are both misunderstanding each other. 

11 minutes from ending, could indeed already have ended, I see a lot of games that are much shorter.

So @MacArthur92 is right in that. 

But @ColonelPete is also right, if you look at the amount of ships seems there is still a long time to go. 

I think we'll all agree that OP doesn't have very long anymore though... I'd say 30 seconds.  :Smile_trollface:

(looks like in front he has Gaede and at the rear Vladi).

[CATS]
Players
24,758 posts
13,694 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Read my post again. I had few 7-8 min battles in the last days (12-13 min from ending ) so 11 min from ending (9 min in the battle) isn't short at all. Or maybe you're not seeing this. 

Oh and btw it's like I'm talking about singing and you got completely out of nowhere assumption? Get some coffee man you're still sleeping.

There is a difference between "other matches" and THIS match. I am only talking about THIS match.

• Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,197 posts
33,643 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I think you are both misunderstanding each other. 

11 minutes from ending, could indeed already have ended, I see a lot of games that are much shorter.

So @MacArthur92 is right in that. 

But @ColonelPete is also right, if you look at the amount of ships seems there is still a long time to go. 

I think we'll all agree that OP doesn't have very long anymore though... I'd say 30 seconds.  :Smile_trollface:

(looks like in front he has Gaede and at the rear Vladi).

Well some of them there was still a lot of ships but when my team didn't cap and we lost ships and had 0 points or total campa that we got 1000 points killing 1-2 ships only with all caps capped. So passive these games sometimes are. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,197 posts
33,643 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

There is a difference between "other matches" and THIS match. I am only talking about THIS match.

And I'm talking in general on these days. 

[BBMM]
Players
5,519 posts
6,675 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well some of them there was still a lot of ships but when my team didn't cap and we lost ships and had 0 points or total campa that we got 1000 points killing 1-2 ships only with all caps capped. So passive these games sometimes are. 

True. I can see this one ending quickly as well. 

Five of the green ships are at 9/10 line and that Colorado isn't gonna be anywhere really quick.

OP is not gonna have to wait long.... :Smile_trollface: 

[MORIA]
Players
7,197 posts
33,643 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

True. I can see this one ending quickly as well. 

Five of the green ships are at 9/10 line and that Colorado isn't gonna be anywhere really quick.

OP is not gonna have to wait long.... :Smile_trollface: 

In the past is I had fast game it was because of yolo. Or some DD capped the base early. And now.... Now leaving all caps (even on spawn) is the "tactic" 

[BBMM]
Players
5,519 posts
6,675 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

In the past is I had fast game it was because of yolo. Or some DD capped the base early. And now.... Now leaving all caps (even on spawn) is the "tactic" 

This looks more like "Atlanta and Vladi went Yolo and the rest ff-ed off to line 9/10".

AKA "when your lemming train decides to go the other way" (yeah been there done that, too). :Smile_hiding:

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
923 posts

I love the flambass tactic of Your team to go 9-10 line.

9 out of 10 times the team goes Down that flank, they lost the match.

Players
2,017 posts
4,794 battles

I once had a T9 random battle in my Nelson where the AB turrets were either knocked out or destroyed for most of my (short) life. Playing Nelsol with only the C turret is not fun.

I actually tried experimenting with my Bismarck last night in Co-op while trying to get the secondary hits mission done for the RM CA event, by aiming my shots at the guns of a Gneisenau and Izmail in two separate games. Didn't get a single turret knocked out - mostly just full pens against the superstructure or bounces off the turret front.

So far, I'm guessing you either have to be unlucky to get your turrets knocked out in a BB, or your opponent extremely lucky/skilled.

Players
7,443 posts
8,257 battles
19 minutes ago, LOZFFVII said:

I once had a T9 random battle in my Nelson where the AB turrets were either knocked out or destroyed for most of my (short) life. Playing Nelsol with only the C turret is not fun.

I actually tried experimenting with my Bismarck last night in Co-op while trying to get the secondary hits mission done for the RM CA event, by aiming my shots at the guns of a Gneisenau and Izmail in two separate games. Didn't get a single turret knocked out - mostly just full pens against the superstructure or bounces off the turret front.

So far, I'm guessing you either have to be unlucky to get your turrets knocked out in a BB, or your opponent extremely lucky/skilled.

It depends on what your guns are, what enemy gun turrets are and what you hit. For example, in @El2aZeR's screenshots, Alaska has improved pen angles. At these ranges it has enough pen and without bouncing it easily pens. DM in a cruiser brawl can annoying for exactly the same reason.

Shooting German turrets like you did is kind of weird, because the turret faces are pretty ok, the upper half is sharply angled and you don't usually disable them easily from the front, but from the side they die easily. For Germans, pointing turrets at the enemy is a good method of not risking sudden incapacitation, as I often enough had enemy BBs sweep my forward deck with AP and knock out both front turrets because they were trained elsewhere. The worst turrets on BBs, btw are British T9-10 turrets with flat turret face, which get absolutely wrecked in a brawl if you shoot it, with Lion and Conkek being prone to getting turrets knocked out, which is annoying as hell and makes them even worse at short ranges than the questionable hp pool and armour scheme would already indicate. Thunderer has a bit thicker turret faces, but otherwise same issues. In contrast, something like Yamato with its insane turret faces that also have some slope will hardly ever lose a turret from a frontal attack. It's why I question people taking PM on Yamato, because what exactly are you afraid of losing? Rudder dies at most from torp in the stern, where you might just repair it with the inevitable flooding, Engine only dies if you get citpenned, which you should try to avoid at any cost anyway. Turrets are basically some of the most survivable and Main Armaments mod preserves them. So even when people tell me "Why do you take PT? As a BB you get focused anyway!", at least you get more out of that skill (including some indication when it might be the best situation to turn around without losing large parts of your hp and potentially the engine) than PM. It's not a DD, where you get shot by one HE salvo and half your stuff is out.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this