Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Return_clamness

About Smolensk

3 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
4,655 battles

I think Smolensk is OP now. Of course his HP is low and BB is easy to kill. but many BB players can't do well what they should do in battles such as shoot at CL. But we can't develop their level quickly. So Smolensk must have some change. 

[1701]
Players
70 posts
7,310 battles

I agree that Smolensk is OP but if BBs can't citadel, then that is their problem, and even then there are ships like Stalingrad that would need nerfs as well, but is not in the radar of complaint currently

[U-F-O]
Players
43 posts
8,163 battles

As the owner of both the Stalingrad and the Smolensk I can assure you that even the Stalingrad has felt the introduction of the Kremlin, Colbert and the Smolensk. Is it still OP...yes, but it's a lot less OP than the Kremlin, which is basically an upscaled Stalin with way more armour and heavier guns. Sure they don't have the improved pen angles but you don't need them with the 18" overmatch.

With regards to the it being over powered, yes the Smolensk needs a nerf, but I'm not sure what as the whole play style is toxic for the game. Really it should never have been introduced because they already know the smoke + HE combo is terrible a la Kutuzov and Belfast. At least the Stalingrad can be countered as it's big and clumsy with the detection range of the great wall of China.

The Smolensk has a very troll armour scheme that can ricochet 16" shells due to the 30mm plating, but actually has insufficient armour to arm the 18" shells of the Yamato, Musashi and Kremlin unless you're quite heavily angled. So funnily enough the Stalingrad is actually one of the best counters to the Smolensk as it won't overpen anywhere near as much. I see it as fighting fire with fire - the two OP Russian gods fighting for the title.

Sign in to follow this