Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.10: “Resolute and Rapid”

74 comments in this topic

[-GG-]
Players
314 posts
17,401 battles

In a couple of days a new "season" of Research Centre should start - will new ship(s) come to RC inventory on that date ? 

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

175k coal now confirmed for Kuznetsov. Or: how to fork over the players that could not play (enough) during the meagre 4 weeks the original event lasted. Way to be user-friendly, way to entice people to support you if the signal you give is: "yeah, either grind during the 4 weeks we dictate to you, or wait some time and pay even more in terms of grind-resources for the privilege later on"... Now we just need to wait until coal becomes available directly for cash (or "obscured" by a premium campaign/container, to make it not that obvious it's for real money), and the picture has been completely painted. 

Shows a nice precedent for Aboyneau, Sansonetti & Lütjens... And while Sansonetti will be the reward for completing the collection, you can be VERY sure the containers won't cost 5k coal in the armory when they are added to it later on.

• Cool 5

Players
842 posts
11,787 battles

Blyskawica for Coal was a surprise.

I honestly thought WG would only add ex-Reward ships (Indianapolis, P.E.F, Exeter, Dreadought) to the line up and would never cannibalise sales of their Premium Ships.

51,000 Coal for those who haven't watched.

• Cool 3

[HOO]
3,240 posts
1 minute ago, DanSilverwing said:

would never cannibalise sales of their Premium Ships

dingdingding... Probably added because it has been powercrept quite hard and was just not selling at all anymore (a ship that's not really a solid performer, for a "nation" that doesn't have any crews to train...)

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Players
3,492 posts
15,723 battles

So THAT is why they actually buffed Blyskawica. :cap_cool: Oh well, I'm fine with that. A T7 premium is a T7 premium, even though it may not be the best. And seems to be a reasonable price (compared with the captain prices).

Players
143 posts
10,839 battles
1 hour ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

The release of Italian cruisers from Early Access, a new collection and unique historical Commander, plus the Fourteenth Season of Ranked Battles!

Read it on the portal

WTF!!! , I have bought 20.09.2019 Blyskawica for dobloons !!! , WHY  WG did not make anouncement that she will be avalibe in aresenal earlier ?  , and can I return her and get dooblons back ?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
143 posts
10,839 battles
58 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Błyskawica for coal. :cap_fainting::fish_palm: Really?!  Really WG?! I mean I don't think she bad, but really?!

She is exelent , but I fell robbed , I bought her 20 september ... 

• Cool 1

Players
143 posts
10,839 battles
35 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Blyskawica for Coal was a surprise.

I honestly thought WG would only add ex-Reward ships (Indianapolis, P.E.F, Exeter, Dreadought) to the line up and would never cannibalise sales of their Premium Ships.

51,000 Coal for those who haven't watched.

Yes she will be bestcoalseller I only hope WG will give back dooblons for players that bought her...

• Cool 2

[GN0ME]
[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
21 posts
4,981 battles

We have also updated the matchmaker by introducing a limit on the number of battleships per team—three at most—for Ranked Battles and Ranked Sprints.

and where's the limit on destroyers? i recall a certain mm from the last t10 season where it was 7v7 mode with 5 destroyers and two battleships per side. you can't tell me that this is fair mm either. and it wasn't the only match i had with 4+ dds...

shot-19.06.24_13.09.00-0688.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[C4K3]
Players
128 posts
9,835 battles

5 x 15 x 7x 2= 1050 torps fired in one battle if all have shimakaze. in BB it takes time to shift rudder 25 second to reload start and stop takes time. if the shimakaze would carry allt torpedos she is firing during a battle she would sink like a stone

[C4K3]
Players
128 posts
9,835 battles

Will kutsnetnov be available one more time for us who allready have him. like the hockeyplayer 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,430 posts
1,674 battles
Just now, 416taylor said:

Will kutsnetnov be available one more time for us who allready have him. like the hockeyplayer 

You can only own him once. If you already got him during the initial event, he won't be available a second time for coal.

Players
136 posts
32 minutes ago, 416taylor said:

5 x 15 x 7x 2= 1050 torps fired in one battle if all have shimakaze. in BB it takes time to shift rudder 25 second to reload start and stop takes time. if the shimakaze would carry allt torpedos she is firing during a battle she would sink like a stone

Just remember, infinite torpedoes is A-OK for DDs but infinite planes (not really) for CVs is REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Boring 2

[HOO]
3,240 posts
8 minutes ago, WWDragon said:

Just remember, infinite torpedoes is A-OK for DDs but infinite planes (not really) for CVs is REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

The DD puts itself (the ship) at risk trying to launch them. The carrier not (so much, if at all).

• Cool 3

Players
136 posts
23 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The DD puts itself (the ship) at risk trying to launch them. The carrier not (so much, if at all).

Its not that simple, you cannot compare a ship torpedo with a airdrop torpedo as one is significant faster and deals far more damage that the other and thats not even going about spread because the drop pattern kinda makes one of the torpedoes missing even on a very good drop as ship torpedoes have better spread patterns.

And even if the carrier is not itself at risk, the planes are ... then there are arming timers and all that ... DD have infinite torpedoes because otherwise what is that is their main damage dealing ability was very limited and that would make DD suffer a lot after they dropped their payload and the same apply to CV, people that want to deplane are saying its perfectly alright to completely nullify their presence in the battlefield ignoring CV have to deal with their planes mechanics, they are not that simple to use (airborn torps dont even have a aiming guide).

You know whats funny? I find airborn torps to be a bit of crap and UK CV with their carpet bombing far worst to deal with because you kinda need some skill to dive bomb even a BB as carpet bombing is just "everything in this circle is damaged" and I am not even saying they could nerf carpet bombing but the Ark Royal is a pain in the [edited]at Tier IV-VI because it can easily deal damage with carpet bombing with little fear of retaliation, especially DD dont usually get much of a AA but at the same time ... should island camping and torpedo soup be the thing again?

Players
1,197 posts
2,994 battles

I actually have one question: why was the update/the collection been given as name the motto of Montecuccoli "Con risolutezza, con rapidità" (resolute and rapid)?

(I think that the actual questions is why Montecuccoli's motto instead of another one?)

Just asking.

Players
79 posts
15,474 battles

No fix for the blank screen players see when trying to open the Armory in game. 

WG fix the basics and just for one month stop adding content, we poor mortals cannot keep up.

Players
3,343 posts
18 minutes ago, RevelAndQuaff said:

WG fix the basics and just for one month stop adding content, we poor mortals cannot keep up.

Er... that problem must be at your end. No such problem for me. I did experience a black screen on the Naval Battle screen over the weekend, though, only briefly luckily.

• Cool 1

Players
80 posts
11,173 battles
21 minutes ago, RevelAndQuaff said:

Have you tried this? https://eu.wargaming.net/support/de/products/wows/hot-issues/26698/

Players
79 posts
15,474 battles
2 minutes ago, Franz_von_Suppe said:

I don't have the problem...... so many players do, with no fix in sight,

from the link....

Our team is working an a permanent fix and we hope to have it ready for update 0.8.10

...enough said

Sign in to follow this