You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
G01ngToxicCommand0

Is there XVM for WoWS?

97 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles

Is there a XVM mod for WoWS so it is possible to see the winrate of the team members and the probability of winning?

It would be nice to know in advance how much effort is required to win, if possible, given the ultra low average skill level of the player base?

Thx in advance.

• Cool 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,869 posts
11,627 battles
19 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Is there a XVM mod for WoWS so it is possible to see the winrate of the team members and the probability of winning?

It would be nice to know in advance how much effort is required to win, if possible, given the ultra low average skill level of the player base?

Thx in advance.

Matchmaking Monitor gives you statistics of your teammates and opponents in the current ship. 

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles

If you get a bit of practice you can predict the outcome of a match with MMM with a I'd say 90% accuracy.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,601 posts
9,612 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

If you get a bit of practice you can predict the outcome of a match without MMM.

I thought the sentence would continue like that :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Players
1,821 posts
12,317 battles
5 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Usually after fist 2 minutes.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,221 posts
18,952 battles
7 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Tbf that's not untrue either. Just takes a bit of match time. :Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,601 posts
9,612 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Tbf that's not untrue either. Just takes a bit of match time. :Smile_trollface:

As time = money, conclusion is to install MMM.

Doctors don't recommend it though :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
4,919 posts
12,027 battles
1 hour ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

I hope there isn't - XVM is one of the more poisonous influences on WOT...

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
5,544 posts
22,760 battles

Well lets put it like this...

You get in a match and see in this app you got dumped on by the MM (again) and team is full of :etc_swear: there is you and maybe one or two guys that know crap... There is next to no chance you win as enemy has 2 triple unicum divs...

Now what do you do with this info?

You cant quit to port or go afk as you will get restricted to coop if you do this often, and there is like at least one in three chance you will end up in the spesul team so you will have to do it often...

Makes no sence to yolo to death either becouse doing this you are just losing money, xp and medals you could have farmed...

The only thing that makes sence is to play best game you can and hope for the positive outcome in the end, right?

So what does this app contribute again?

• Cool 19

Beta Tester
3,101 posts
3,504 battles
11 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I hope there isn't - XVM is one of the more poisonous influences on WOT...

This.

To quote a much-beloved skipper from a long time ago - never tell me the odds!

• Cool 11

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,275 posts
18,433 battles
11 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

So what does this app contribute again?

It allows to adapt the play style to the situation.

Seeing a purple cv means no solo yolo plays. It allows to identify strong players that have to be ganked first.

I've had games where the knowledge that my team is bad helped me give 120%.

• Cool 7

[JRM]
Players
5,544 posts
22,760 battles

Makes no sence to me either, if you know someone is good and you go for him you will lose more time killing him then if you kill a potato, several potatos actually, now I know potatos are inherently less usefoul but 4 potatos focusing you becouse they have 4 ships advantage will often whiter you down regardless due to shear volume of fire, not to mention you will likely have to extend to go after that one guy... Only way this makes sence as a tactic is if you are in a triple div and you all focus the better players one by one but even with that I still dont see this app as esp usefull, you will see if someone is a potato or decent the moment you engage in battle and as a div you will likely stay close and work together anyway... But ok to each their own I guess

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,101 posts
3,504 battles
49 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

It allows to adapt the play style to the situation.

Seeing a purple cv means no solo yolo plays. It allows to identify strong players that have to be ganked first.

I've had games where the knowledge that my team is bad helped me give 120%.

That means that you could use such an app for a good purpose. But mostly, I fear, it would serve the forces of evil. Players who care about nothing else but minmaxing their xp gain, will take one look at the prediction of a "bad" game coming, and then proceed to make that prophecy come true by instantly logging out and entering another battle. It's bad enough when people log out on account of being "once again in a bottom-tier game" - there was a scummy guy in a Leander who did this in a tier VIII game just the other week - but giving them yet another reason to pull off this defeatist crap? Please, no. I don't doubt that many will rationalize the very existence of such an app as a legitimization of this kind of quitting behaviour - because, as someone just wrote, what else would it be there for?

I've seen enough games where an underdog team have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Heck, I've been that underdog myself on a number of occasions - and those occasions have without exception been some of the best and most engaging games I've ever had in World of Warships. They would most certainly not have been improved by the inclusion of any kind of Doom-sayer app.

So I say, once again: Never tell me the odds - just point me in the direction of the enemy!

:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,240 posts
14,342 battles

Hi all,

7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

If you get a bit of practice you can predict the outcome of a match with MMM with a I'd say 90% accuracy.

Nonetheless I always try to be "open minded" and I get pleasantly surprised from time to time... sometimes even "bad" teams ("on paper") can do great things... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

#1 MatchMaking Monitor

#2 MatchMaking Monitor BETA

#3 PotatoAlert

[LEEUW]
Players
1,996 posts
9,856 battles

After almost 10k games I tend to recognize most decent players and clan tags so when I don't recognize any names I assume both teams are filled with speshul players. :Smile_teethhappy:

And once I deinstalled the stats mod my enjoyment of the game increased immensely. Sometimes not knowing gives you freedom. 

• Cool 12

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
926 posts
8 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Thx in advance.

Yes there is. And it's the sole reason I have put my stats on private.

I do not support xvm and the toxidity it leads to.

And like in wot, the majority have no use for xvm cause they have no skills to put it into use or know how to use it.

Only thing it led to was red stat player flaming another red stat player for being noob.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
434 posts
5,880 battles

The toxicity XVM generated in WoT is one of the reasons I switched to WoWs years ago, and in 99 % of the cases, it was only used for flaming other players, either good (eBay account! Cheater!) or bad (Tomato!). It made people quit battles before they even started, because the calculated chance of winning was too low, or because their only Tier X was a red player. If you were a good player on the other hand, you regularly had the whole enemy team focus and pile up on you to take you out, making for a very stressful gameplay.

I am sure the 1 % of players who regularly use it to assess a team composition and plan their strategy accordingly, can also live without it, so to re-iterate my stance I have always held towards tools like that: ban them.

In Europe, we don't allow people to carry guns everywhere, even though it might prevent a robbery in 1 % of the cases. The negatives far outweigh the benefits, just like XVM or whatever it is called in this game.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[HOO]
Players
1,865 posts
3,594 battles
9 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Thx in advance.

There is it's called Match Making Monitor.

But I warn you, use it at your own risk. It will drive you insane. When you see the actual stats of your team vs the enemy, you will wonder how some people manage to breath let alone play WoWS, and you will end up demanding Skill based MM. :Smile_trollface:

The only time I have ever found it useful, is if I end up in a 1 on 1 fight, It's useful to know if I'm facing a Unicum or Tomato.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BATES]
Players
588 posts
9,247 battles

In the past I used the MMM to try to find any "conspiracy" in MM and found strange "series" of wons and lost, but at the end, with big numbers, it seems equilibrating (didn't continue a lot because was too time consuming :| )

Now I simply use it to identify which are the enemies with best stats which could be a threat for me and the team, and try to signal in chat to the rest of the team (by example pay attention to that dd), hoping we can target him/avoid 1 vs 1

• Cool 3

Players
1,821 posts
12,317 battles

I think it's useful to know whom I can rely on in my team, whom not and whom to be careful off on red team. On the other side known clan tags are good enough indication of who is who.

No matter how bad my team is I try do do my best. Even if we lose I'll have at least some credits and XP besides throw can always happen when enemy gets greedy towards the end. :cap_haloween:

It's not the tool bad in itself, it's who uses it and for what purpose. What I'd like most would be hp bars like in a mod on the side panels in the client. Sometimes I do not know how much hp have enemy on the other flank when I am changing flanks and this knowledge would be more beneficial then how good they are. So I'd know if I can push or if I should be careful. Very low unicum is still easier to kill then full Hp potato.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

#3 PotatoAlert

You mean

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:Smile_hiding:

*Having MMM Beta open just makes me play worse, as I value statistics over 'mhm maybe this game this guy won't suicide his top tier BB.... this might be THE day for him, and this will be his FINEST HOUR'. 

Usually that guy still dies in the first few minutes, but sometimes 'that guy' actually carries the game to a victory. But I might deny him that as I probably won't expend HP / time trying to support him if 'statistically' he is a bad player. 

12 minutes ago, Aetius85 said:

Now I simply use it to identify which are the enemies with best stats which could be a threat for me and the team, and try to signal in chat to the rest of the team (by example pay attention to that dd), hoping we can target him/avoid 1 vs 1

This is actually by far the most toxic element of MMM :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
588 posts
9,247 battles
3 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

This is actually by far the most toxic element of MMM :Smile_trollface:

Nah I don't think, in my opinion it's worse when people checks the stats and start writing in chat or think the battle is 100% lost and stop playing or put automatic route in map to go suiciding/cornering without even trying to do your best to win

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles
1 minute ago, Aetius85 said:

Nah I don't think, in my opinion it's worse when people checks the stats and start writing in chat or think the battle is 100% lost and stop playing or put automatic route in map to go suiciding/cornering without even trying to do your best to win

Sorry, should have been clearer it was sarcasm :Smile_honoring:

The worst thing about xvm was win chance prediction. MMM doesn't give this. Also, the behavior you describe is far from limited to 'xvm', it's general douchebaggery. See a division of players you seen in KOTS on enemy team ->> REE game lost, MM unfair, WG hates me. See them in your team ->> let's all sit back and let them carry us, surely they don't need support from us peasants :Smile_hiding:

Tbh I like the tank mastery indicators more, you don't have exact stats but you can see if you pay attention to it who's a good / very good player, I really don't know why it's not being implemented in WoWs. If anything it removes a small incentive from people to want to use a statistics tracker, and on it's own it's just nice to see some form of decoration on your ship if you pass a certain threshold. 

• Cool 1