You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ardwin22

Gun sounds of Yamato changed at some point

9 comments in this topic

[E-N-W]
Players
10 posts
3,420 battles

Hello,
I came across a sound bug that annoys me a lot. Let me describe it: I received the permanent 'Infernal' camouflage and placed it on my Yamato. But the epic master gun sounds of the Yamato disappeared with that specific camo. 

I like the Yamato, because of its powerful guns and therefore it's gun sounds. With the Infernal camo, the sounds are changed back to a less caliber gun sound.

Another small hint/bug: when playing as another ship and a friendly or enemy Yamato shoots its salvo, the gun sounds are also different then the normal Yamato sounds!

I hope this can be fixed in the next update!

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,450 posts
4,198 battles
Před 13 hodinami ardwin22 řekl/a:

Hello,
I came across a sound bug that annoys me a lot. Let me describe it: I received the permanent 'Infernal' camouflage and placed it on my Yamato. But the epic master gun sounds of the Yamato disappeared with that specific camo. 

I like the Yamato, because of its powerful guns and therefore it's gun sounds. With the Infernal camo, the sounds are changed back to a less caliber gun sound.

Another small hint/bug: when playing as another ship and a friendly or enemy Yamato shoots its salvo, the gun sounds are also different then the normal Yamato sounds!

I hope this can be fixed in the next update!

Can you please send me a replay from a battle, I would like to hear it (I don't have infernal camo on Yamato, so I can't test it myself). Thank you

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,450 posts
4,198 battles
1 hour ago, ardwin22 said:

So have you watched the replay @YabbaCoe ?

Yes, sorry.. I completely forgot...

So I tried that on my PC and it all sounded good, the loud and mighty Yamato gun sounds. So maybe try to play a little with sound settings - mostly left side of General volume. Try to have it on maximum, because different levels controls different sounds. Before I was trying with my Yamato to have that General volume on approx. 75% and it wasn't as loud. Please try and let me know (quote or tag me in the reply)

[E-N-W]
Players
10 posts
3,420 battles

@YabbaCoe watch the video below: Yamato with Infernal camo. It does not sound like the Yamato from the other video

And below the Yamato with standard camo, with the right sounds!

[COR3]
Players
1,321 posts
12,751 battles
On 11/12/2019 at 11:35 AM, YabbaCoe said:

Can you please send me a replay from a battle, I would like to hear it (I don't have infernal camo on Yamato, so I can't test it myself). Thank you

I can confirm that , i have  the roon fitted with the Camo and it does change Main Battery sounds and secondary sounds.

Guess in case of Yamato that sadly is not an improvement :D

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,450 posts
4,198 battles

So, I got the information, that it is intended, that the gun sounds are changed with this Infernal camos. It would change the sound for every ship you mount it on. 

[E-N-W]
Players
10 posts
3,420 battles

@YabbaCoe which is what the question is about: just keep sounds from Yamato. Guns with a higher caliber than the maximum Infernal camouflage, should be untouched in the sound it produced. And I know that it is easy to fix as being a programmer myself :)