You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Thracen

Facing 2 CVs at tier 3

51 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
525 posts
7,629 battles

This, facing 2 CVs that are tier 4 when you are tier 3, is probably the most abusive thing I've seen in a multiplayer game that is still compliant with the terms of service. 

2 CVs spent the first 8 minutes of the game constantly striking me. I had literally no plane kills, there was no AA sector to make me feel better either because I think they stripped what little AA I had in the first two minutes. I was in the russian cruiser, stock, unmodded with basic repair, who needs all the bells and whistles at tier 3 right? HA!

I would never, ever ask a new player to start playing this game. The bottom tiers are now utterly toxic.

Am I whining over nothing or is this actually a problem? 

• Cool 16

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
23 minutes ago, Thracen said:

This, facing 2 CVs that are tier 4 when you are tier 3, is probably the most abusive thing I've seen in a multiplayer game that is still compliant with the terms of service. 

2 CVs spent the first 8 minutes of the game constantly striking me. I had literally no plane kills, there was no AA sector to make me feel better either because I think they stripped what little AA I had in the first two minutes. I was in the russian cruiser, stock, unmodded with basic repair, who needs all the bells and whistles at tier 3 right? HA!

I would never, ever ask a new player to start playing this game. The bottom tiers are now utterly toxic.

That is certain to keep new players in the game /s

Players
223 posts
4,815 battles
19 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

That is certain to keep new players in the game /s

yeah, i recently got a friend of mine to play WoWS and was helping him out with levelling up. when we started to encounter CVs he was like "oh man, i am not sure this game is for me. with my AA rating of 11(!) i am not going to be food for them CVs". 'cause we were being farmed by Tier 4 CVs (both of us in BBs). there is literally no reason for a CV not to attack you in a low Tier BB. you can't do shi... ehm, a thing, they will farm you for some easy damage and EXP. and oh the joy of 2 CVs in a Tier 4 match. whose idea was to allow that is beyond me..

• Cool 2

Players
9,404 posts
11,025 battles
4 minutes ago, iTchyfoot said:

yeah, i recently got a friend of mine to play WoWS and was helping him out with levelling up. when we started to encounter CVs he was like "oh man, i am not sure this game is for me. with my AA rating of 11(!) i am not going to be food for them CVs". 'cause we were being farmed by Tier 4 CVs (both of us in BBs). there is literally no reason for a CV not to attack you in a low Tier BB. you can't do shi... ehm, a thing, they will farm you for some easy damage and EXP. and oh the joy of 2 CVs in a Tier 4 match. whose idea was to allow that is beyond me..

Its obvious, WG doesn't want new players, they want to milk only existing ones:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,004 posts
7,981 battles

How to enjoy low tiers is basically to not play them, free XP past them or play the Yubari. I found that little ship can still hurt planes and a clubber looking for easy seals often find themselves wasting planes on me. 

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,564 posts
14,730 battles
47 minutes ago, Thracen said:

It is a problem, but you (or your mate) can get around it by playing your Tier III and IV ships in Co-op. It might take a little longer to progress, but it will be less stressful.

• Cool 3

Players
1,415 posts
8,244 battles

I brought a Yubari to try to shoot down planes at those tiers. I found out that after the huge cv nerf (rework) Yubari's aa it's a piece of crap. In the RTS mode Yubaris did posed a threat to the planes of my Zuiho and I had to be careful with them.

That is the only tier 4 ship which had decent aa. Also I have a Kirov with full aa build, pre-nerf it carried quite a good punch (up to 7,2 km) but now it's pretty crappy as well.

• Cool 4

Players
1,436 posts
17,658 battles

It's for this very reason I don't encourage friends to take this game up anymore. The fact the Yubari a ship that's main selling point when the game came out was she should be an AA beast is a pitiful joke of her former self is an indictment of how bad AA these days. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
555 posts
10,806 battles

It's been like this for two months now, since 0.8.7 was released and tier 4 carriers were all buffed. 

Also the Research Bureau was opened in the same version, so many active CV players return to the tier 4's to get their Research Points. So it's not even all about seal clubbing but just old-timers doing an honest grind towards Ohio or Colbert.

I'm honestly surprised it has lasted this long. CV's are certainly popular now, and this must be what WG wanted. But I can only imagine how many new players just call it quits while trying to make it past tiers 3 to 5. How's that for the game long term?

I feel the nerf hammer coming for CV's again in the near future...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
952 posts
15,166 battles
3 hours ago, Thracen said:

Its not a problem its a marketing move, WG wants you to invest right away by buying a high tier ship, get free exp and use cash to convert it to bypass low tiers that are garbage, all so that you can enjoy endgame faster with toster AI lvl teammates (in no means trying to offend the tosters).

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,193 posts
18,939 battles
39 minutes ago, asalonen said:

No need. Despite a dedicated CV mission available last week population only rose by a pathetic ~300 players from 2507 to 2811, although this may also just be natural influx due to seasonal population changes.

Rework total success camrade.

• Cool 4

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles
5 hours ago, Thracen said:

Its only a problem for new players and WeeGee want them to go buy a premium higher tier ship ASAP so.... working as intended.

(Spreadsheet doesnt compile churn-rate and enjoyment factor for newbies apparently)

2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Rework total success camrade.

A shame nobody warned them before they closed the beta ......

(oh!)

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles
3 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

It's for this very reason I don't encourage friends to take this game up anymore. The fact the Yubari a ship that's main selling point when the game came out was she should be an AA beast is a pitiful joke of her former self is an indictment of how bad AA these days. 

Ah, well, according to a "Well informed and frequent poster" on this forum, "all" you need to combat CVs is, in fact, the Yubari... "nothing can touch you then"....

So, as per the Spreadsheet, everything is fine.

Players
1,436 posts
17,658 battles
6 hours ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Ah, well, according to a "Well informed and frequent poster" on this forum, "all" you need to combat CVs is, in fact, the Yubari... "nothing can touch you then"....

So, as per the Spreadsheet, everything is fine.

If its the same person I think your referring too I will concede they are a very prolific poster, however I will keep my opinion of the quality of their posts to myself in the interests of civility. 

However yes apparently the spreadsheet says the balance is right...

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,204 posts
4,624 battles

"Dear player,

welcome to an experience of never ending fun and engaging gameplay.

Sincerely yours

spreadsheet"

• Funny 4

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
762 posts
12,367 battles

I wonder if the even tiers are part of the problem. It takes much longer to grind a CV from t4 to t6, compared to grinding other classes from t4 to t5.

Then the difficulty of playing CV's increases, so many must give up by t8.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,863 posts
3,582 battles
11 hours ago, ollonborre said:

How to enjoy low tiers is basically to not play them, free XP past them or play the Yubari. I found that little ship can still hurt planes and a clubber looking for easy seals often find themselves wasting planes on me. 

That doesn't work for new players does it? They don't have the Free XP.

Players
372 posts
5,448 battles
9 hours ago, asalonen said:

It's been like this for two months now, since 0.8.7 was released and tier 4 carriers were all buffed. 

Also the Research Bureau was opened in the same version, so many active CV players return to the tier 4's to get their Research Points. So it's not even all about seal clubbing but just old-timers doing an honest grind towards Ohio or Colbert.

I'm honestly surprised it has lasted this long. CV's are certainly popular now, and this must be what WG wanted. But I can only imagine how many new players just call it quits while trying to make it past tiers 3 to 5. How's that for the game long term?

I don’t think they’ll nerf them tbh, I do however think that they should restrict it to 1 cv per team in all tiers.

theres no reason for more, it’s too much.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
762 posts
12,367 battles
9 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

I don’t think they’ll nerf them tbh, I do however think that they should restrict it to 1 cv per team in all tiers.

There are too many CV's in the queue. 3 CV games per side are probably less rare than no CV games. Usually it's 2 CV's per side. It's probably the even tier issue I stated a few posts above, where the xp grind to reach t6 keeps the player at t4. I thoroughly expect the same to happen to subs. Don't expect a 1 sub per side game when t6 will probably be easy mode, and very few will play them at higher tiers like CV's.

And t4 CV's are easy mode against t3's. A little bit of skill learning required against t5's.

Players
9,404 posts
11,025 battles
32 minutes ago, Armorin said:

I wonder if the even tiers are part of the problem. It takes much longer to grind a CV from t4 to t6, compared to grinding other classes from t4 to t5.

Then the difficulty of playing CV's increases, so many must give up by t8.

Not really, as almost every player I've checked up when venturing into lowtiers already had next CV researched and played in their stat sheet. So its basically case of why actually pay attention to AA, when you can have fun and engaging times in tier 4 CV?

[77MM]
Players
400 posts
13,769 battles

Yes it's a problem - i can't seal club in a clemson anymore!

But joking aside, must be awful for any new players.

For me lower tier games used to be an escape from the frustrations of high tier. e.g. Getting radar'd by a hidden balancegrad, and then wiped out by 6 ships.

Now - the only escape is not to play for a while.

Players
3,084 posts
13,783 battles

Playing T4 CV’s is just filthy. I did my 20 ish games in them with the research regrind and have not touched them since so as to not club to many poor seals. If I research the CV line again in the future I’ll skip to T6. As. It’s. Broken.

• Cool 3

Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
13 hours ago, Thracen said:

They didn't strip your AA, for the simple fact the Bogatyr doesn't have any :) Literally none, unless you count a vodka bottle and a bunch of insults angrily thrown in the general direction of the planes. I'd tell you to try and stick to friendly AA, but in this tier you'll struggle to find ships that have AA worth mentioning. Another issue is that new players that only reached t3 can't really be expected to know which ships have strong AA or not, and will just get seal clubbed.

So, yes, CV's are an issue. They make matches less fun and more annoying for everyone. And if you're like me and find them boring to play yourself, you're kind of out of luck.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
555 posts
10,806 battles
56 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

It doesn't work like that. Anything that you make powerful you make popular. Then you have to put all of them from queue to battle.

Currently tier 4 has about 2 CV's in queue for each battle. If you want less you have to nerf them.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
762 posts
12,367 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Not really, as almost every player I've checked up when venturing into lowtiers already had next CV researched and played in their stat sheet. So its basically case of why actually pay attention to AA, when you can have fun and engaging times in tier 4 CV?

Interesting. I'm slowly grinding these out on an alt account. I find the long queue times fun and engaging. The average damage output I have on these ships is ridiculous for the tier. A six point captain is enough to cope with tier 5 AA, so I suppose a 9pt captain is enough to hold a seal club in each hand.

Playing a t3 surface ship can be painful. Continual attacks by multiple CV's, with nothing than a pea shooter as defence sometimes takes you out of the game before a shot can be fired off.

EDIT: Mind you, after saying that, I suppose an average pleb like me can be OP with few captain skills and a little bit of experience. Looks like the dmg output is in line with other ships, esp BB's.

2019-11-12.png