You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Camperdown

Your favourite T9 and T10 BBs

42 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
346 posts
10,410 battles

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I started playing WoWs again 3 months ago after 1 year break. 90% of my games so far have been in DDs which I find by far the most fun class to play.

I now want to play some BB games again, so I am wondering which nations to develop.

So: which are your favourite T9 and T10 BBs?

[KAKE]
Players
2,418 posts
5,522 battles

The only ones I have are the Yamato, Musashi and Jean Bart.

They're good BBs, Brent.

• Funny 1

Players
5,976 posts
10,885 battles

@Camperdown

Jean Bart, Conqueror, Yamato/Musashi. Even though I barely ever play these ships anymore, these are the most fun BBs for me.

I would however not recommend you go up the RN BB line now that tiers 7 and up have their citadels nerfed. You'll end up staying at range spamming HE from max range now that brawling is heavily punished for the ships leasing to the tier 10. You'll get citadelled from all angles basically. Monarch was bad, but now it's even worse. Use FXP once you elited the QE :Smile-_tongue:

The Russian BBs is where it's at currently, but for me the IJN and French BB lines are also quite solid.

The USN BBs are slow till you get to the NC. Overall this wasn't my most favorable line though.

[WCWVE]
Players
1,019 posts
16,248 battles

I actually have all of the tech tree battleships, the ones I like playing most are as follows: - 

Yamato and Musashi - in the right circumstances these can be game winners

Kremlin and Soviet Soyuz, as above but more situational due to there short main battery range 

Montana, Iowa, Grosser Kurfurst and Friedrich der Grosse - good all round but nothing special

Conqueror and Lion, both suffer from the Royal Navy short fuse AP so are basically only worth the HE shells

Republique - turrets are extremely far part 

Izuma is a very poor ship compared to the permium

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
8,691 posts
8,636 battles

T9

Musashi: Best

Missouri/Iowa: Nice

FDG: Didnt like it, but it got buffed now. Maybe its good with a tankbuild (i played it secondary which i didnt like)

Edit: oh yeah, JB... never clicked with me, i prefer Musashi.

T10

Only have GK and Monty, i think both are great in their own way. As i like Musashi, i expect Yamato to be even better.

Bourgogne would probably be the best :Smile_trollface:

[KOKOS]
Players
430 posts
5,764 battles

Jean Bart. The only one I got, and a very nice ship.

Only problem: My wife thinks I am going mad, because I always have to say "Jean Barrrt" in a thick, fake French accent, whenver I drive her.

Jean Barrrrt.

Ah, much better. :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
104 posts
6,472 battles

Lion .... tries very hard but just doesnt do the job.

JB........ love it. great fun. even fully prem on consumables a nice earner.

Georgia.. only had it for a little while.still finding my feet with it (in other words i suck at it)

thats the extent of my knowledge.. hope it helps and welcome back

[JPF]
Players
42 posts
3,771 battles

My favorite is the Republique, it's not everyone's cup of tea.  I like the Gascogne, the Republique plays similarly, but much improved in every way.  

The Georgia is kind of fun, it's beautiful when RNGesus doesn't fail your guns, speed boost is great, but it is too squishy to brawl without getting hit hard and secondaries just don't do much nowadays.  It's mediocre good, but not must have good.  

Beta Tester
2,734 posts
6,990 battles

TX for me there will always be only one favourite, because...... reasons :Smile_Default:

And that ship is, drumroll:

760555576_giphy(6).gif.ee2b799eebfa1308518142dadcc11856.gif

EDIT: Forgot to add T9's :Smile_smile:

BB's:

-Mushisushi

-Glorious Georgia <3

-JB (both whiskey and ship) 

-Mighty Mo (when silver is low) 

-Izumo (we're working on our relationship :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Major_Damage225
Added stuffs.
  • Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,739 posts
11,009 battles

lol check my profile pic and signature

1533687766_1467939710804.gif.f51a088b66b04b478e3557582cfb5677.gif

• Cool 4

Players
6,316 posts
245 battles
29 minutes ago, kfa said:

lol check my profile pic and signature

1533687766_1467939710804.gif.f51a088b66b04b478e3557582cfb5677.gif

I thought that was a yammy with 9 460's at the front lol for a sec.

Players
191 posts
2,482 battles
3 ore fa, Camperdown ha scritto:

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I started playing WoWs again 3 months ago after 1 year break. 90% of my games so far have been in DDs which I find by far the most fun class to play.

I now want to play some BB games again, so I am wondering which nations to develop.

So: which are your favourite T9 and T10 BBs?

Depends on your playstyle and what you like most.

Sniping at distance with fairly accurate precision: YAMATO, so go japanese

Full brawling and tankiness at mid close range: Grosser Kurfurst, so go KM

HE demon and insane healing: Conqueror so royal navy

Tank god at mid long distance with good precision: Kremlin so the russians. Actually kremlin has really few weak points overall

For the other lines I have no experience. Montana shoud have one of the most deadly salvo per hit and should but quite good at anything.

My favorite t10 bbs are the Grosser Kurfurst and the Conqueror, because they basically play an alternative style of battleships

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
2,027 posts
19,741 battles

I liked all of them, it comes down to which playstyle you prefer.

Repu and GK are mobile, not easy to play.

Yamato is good at sitting, quite easy to play if you know how to angle. Same for Kremlin.

Montana has a very heavy broadside of accurate guns.

Conqueror is comparable to Montana, the AP does filthy things to broadsides. HE is hilarious.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,713 posts
15,806 battles
30 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Repu and GK are mobile...

*Looks at his GKs turning rate and circle...*

*Prepares translation*

* Repu and GK can be used as roaming BB's, i.e in contrast to the typical lame as hell bow-on playstyle of many contemplary BB's like Yamato and Kremlin...

[SHAD]
Players
2,127 posts
10,065 battles

I’m struggling to think of a bad tier ten. All are good but Yamato and GK are my favourites. Bourgogne might be the best but I have not tried it.

in tier 9s it’s either Georgia or Jean Bart. Musashi probably just as strong but not as interesting once you have the Yamato.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,504 posts
14,535 battles

I only have two (Musashi and Jean Bart) but JB is by far the most fun. Next is the Iowa class, I think... wish there was still a premium one. They could do something with lllinois or Kentucky without being OP with either the guns or the credit earning potential....

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,593 posts
9,512 battles

My profile cover photo can answer which class is closest to my heart overall. From the rest of my BBs:

- Republique: those guns, nuff said.

- Tsuntsun: those guns x2 + overall handling. The TX Warspite, what not to love about her.

- Montana: used to be my adored workhorse some time ago, though thanks to getting too many new ships I have kinda forgotten her. Same story goes for Missouri. Both BBs I still like a lot.

- Bourgogne: my love for that same speed boost on Georgia should raise this ship high on my list. I haven't played her enough to really say much more, but definitely a pick for anyone who has enough steel, likes BBs and can abuse the speed to position well.

- Georgia: precise guns and that aforementioned speed boost. A combination I adore.

Jean Bart also feels a good in my hands, but haven't played her enough to decide what I really think of her. Ohio is on my to get list, soonTM, and she looks also like a BB I'd enjoy.