You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Comparison of "Snowflakes 2018" to upcoming "Snowflakes 2019" ...

147 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,223 posts
14,224 battles

Hi all,

Comparison of "Snowflakes 2018" to upcoming "Snowflakes 2019" ...

"Snowflakes 2018":

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0712-holidays/#snowflakes

Snowflakes

New Year is a winter holiday, and in many countries it snows pretty heavily during this time of the year! You can expect snowfalls in World of Warships, too! Snowflakes, a new in-game event, will bring you Coal and Steel for use in the Arsenal.

In Update 0.7.12 Snowflakes will appear on many of your ships. They work like stars, that give you a one-time daily bonus for a victorious battle. Snowflakes, however, can be blown off your ships only once during Update 0.7.12.

39c32a5c-01cc-11e9-8fb1-38eaa735f4cc.png

Snowflakes will be displayed in the ships carousel in the Port next to stars, so you can easily see whether you have received your bonus for a certain ship or not. If a Snowflake is still there, it's high time to "knock it down"!

The event will be available for all players, but keep in mind that in order to use the resources in the Arsenal you need to have reached at least Level 8 in your Service Record. Snowflakes will appear on researchable ships of Tiers V to X, as well as on Premium and event ships of Tiers II to X. Ships obtained in Update 0.7.12, i.e. those purchased, bought, or received in containers, will provide the New Year bonus, too.

To get the bonus, simply win one Co-op, Random, Ranked or Scenario Battle. Blowing off Snowflakes will be rewarded with Coal and Steel. The type and amount of the resources varies depending on the type and tier of each ship.

4efdcac4-01ec-11e9-a9d7-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

Please note that if you get 0 XP for a battle, a Snowflake is not treated as "blown off" and remains on the ship.

"Snowflakes 2019":

Snowflakes

In version 0.8.11, players will be able to receive holiday victory bonuses on all their ships starting from Tier V. Ships of Tiers V-VII will bring 400-750 units of coal, ships of Tiers VIII-IX - 75 units of steel, and victories on Tier X ships will earn "New Year's gift" containers, from which it's possible to receive one of many Premium ships and other rewards.

Post image

At the first glance the 2019 looks "depreciated" ...:Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 14
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
2,735 posts
6,990 battles

I wonder what the TX containers ship drop chance will be, verry small no doubt, but how small, welp, it's gonna be interesting to go through my whole fleat again :Smile_smile:

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
20 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

T5-7 give more or equal coal than before, T8 gives steel instead of coal. T9 gives more steel than before. T10 gives special containers instead of steel, which we do not yet know the exact content possibilities of. Overall, you are likely to earn less coal (because T8s don't give coal anymore), more steel and some containers. No specials for premiums.

I do not see how this is necessarily "depreciated".

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,223 posts
14,224 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

T5-7 give more or equal coal than before, T8 gives steel instead of coal. T9 gives more steel than before. T10 gives special containers instead of steel, which we do not yet know the exact content possibilities of. Overall, you are likely to earn less coal (because T8s don't give coal anymore), more steel and some containers. No specials for premiums.

If I calculated right (very quickly I must be honest) the "Steel" reward will also be less and not more... that's why I wrote "depreciated"... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,574 posts
25,383 battles
6 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Does anyone know when this snowflake event will kick off, and how long it will last?

How could anybody know this? Leo just give you whole Reddit link in his post and there is no mention on any dates, duration etc. For info you'll have to wait official news for Update on the World of Warships website.

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

If I calculated right (very quickly I must be honest) the "Steel" reward will also be less and not more... that's why I wrote "depreciated"... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Only for owners of premium ships.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,223 posts
14,224 battles

Hi all,

1 minute ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Only for owners of premium ships.

Yes... and "Old Hands" have plenty of them... I really hoped for simple repetition of last year event...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,574 posts
25,383 battles
27 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

If you just looking for steel then yes, seems like you could get more steel from the last year event. But then again we don't know what you can get from those T10 containers. Maybe some more steel too? Who knows. But this year you can get a premium ship from container and T10 premium cruiser unlike last year when you could only get PEF.

[KAKE]
Players
2,421 posts
5,556 battles

It's different, and thanks to the containers more random.

Whether it's better or worse... well, that depends on (your luck with) the content of the containers.

• Cool 1

[BASIC]
Players
378 posts
19,145 battles

New event looks good, and hey, T10 special ship for everybody, yay. I've calculated amount of steel for this year and It shows about the same  for me (4k something). I also expect a steel campaign with a lot of goodies in it.

Players
1,807 posts
12,225 battles
14 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

New event looks good, and hey, T10 special ship for everybody, yay. I've calculated amount of steel for this year and It shows about the same  for me (4k something). I also expect a steel campaign with a lot of goodies in it.

Basically, Stalingrad for everyone! (That is if they will sell steel campaign we can expect Stalin stats to go down so any attempt to balancing will be completely out of question, mission accomplished comreades :Smile_trollface:)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Players
291 posts
13,294 battles
1 hour ago, DariusJacek said:

Basically, Stalingrad for everyone! (That is if they will sell steel campaign we can expect Stalin stats to go down so any attempt to balancing will be completely out of question, mission accomplished comreades :Smile_trollface:)

No they will never nerf any of op ships or fixed it, they fix op ships with introduction of even more op ships and power creep continue.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,235 posts
17,286 battles

Even if those TX gift containers have a drop chance for steel, how big could it be? 

The chances of getting lesser rewards seem to be much greater if the last gift container event is anything to go by. 

Getting 5 or 6k guaranteed is better then getting 4k guaranteed and maybe, just maybe, if your lucky and RNG favors you, getting 1k on top. 

• Cool 1

5,835 posts
10,262 battles

Honestly? I don't think this is a bad choice at all. Much like with reducing the signals and camos one could win during a ranked season, this is probably an attempt to prevent the ingame economy from gaining even more momentum.

Let's see if this works.

Beta Tester
1,049 posts
2,954 battles

The main benefit of the event for me was the 2k coal from my Enty.... I can't see how I can get a Smolensk now :(

Also, oh god, this does not look like a worthwhile grind... 

[LADA]
Players
489 posts
7,692 battles

Depends on the value-vs-grind of the Puerto Rico - given it's a T10 that would otherwise have been for steel (using similar comparator of Stalingrad cost - 28K - that's A LOT) or Research Regrind Points (Colbert/Ohio both cost A LOT).

I'll get around 3K steel and a fair chunk of coal just for playing something I was going to play anyway - so hey, I'll take it. 

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,265 posts
18,360 battles

A quick back of the envelope calculation.

2018 - 8650 Steel and 58700 Coal.

2019 - 3085 Steel and 50950 Coal.

Only a slight drop in coal, but a big loss on steel. Whales like me will only get bad drops out of the T10 boxes, as the only ships we don't have are those we don't want.

• Cool 10

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,104 battles

3 hours ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Imagine someone who is only after steel. Imagine me.

Still, it is a generous event nonetheless, and I am thankful for it.

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles
48 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Only a slight drop in coal, but a big loss on steel. Whales like me will only get bad drops out of the T10 boxes, as the only ships we don't have are those we don't want.

Cant be fussed to work mine out, but tis all free, so its all good for me.

[SV]
Players
622 posts
10,836 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

but you get a free tier 10 cc whou otherise would probably have a stalingrad pricetag !  so worth 28k steel ?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,265 posts
18,360 battles
7 minutes ago, albin322 said:

but you get a free tier 10 cc whou otherise would probably have a stalingrad pricetag !  so worth 28k steel ?

No, the PR is hidden behind a ret@rded grind and if you read the comments from WG in that reddit thread, you'll notice that if you don't finish the grind in time there will be no PR for you.

So nah, that's much less for a huge time investment.

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
622 posts
10,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

No, the PR is hidden behind a ret@rded grind and if you read the comments from WG in that reddit thread, you'll notice that if you don't finish the grind in time there will be no PR for you.

So nah, that's much less for a huge time investment.

so you think you would get a tier 10 cc with out working for it ? get the Beep out of here><!