Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - new German commander and test ships.

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,228 posts
3,590 battles

The new commander

 

In the 0.8.11 update, a unique German commander, Günther Lütjens, will be added to the game.

 

He will have the following 4 talents, each of which is activated upon receiving a certain number of different ribbons:

 

  • A one-time acceleration of secondary armament reload time - gained after receiving the ribbons for secondary armament hits.
  • A one-time acceleration of the main armament reload time - gained after receiving the ribbons for main armament hits.
  • Restoration of hit points - gained after receiving ribbons for spotting enemies. This talent works similarly to the "Repair party" consumable and can be activated repeatedly.
  • A one-time acceleration of aircraft restoration time - gained after receiving ribbons for scoring hits with torpedoes, bombs and rockets.

 

Günther Lütjens also has advanced "Preventive Maintenance", "Expert Marksman" and "Improved Engine Boost" skills.

 

WG_SPB_WoWS_gunter_lutjens_EN_0.8.11_1920x1080.jpg

 

Test ships

 

British cruiser Bedford, Tier VIII:

 

  • The ship has been renamed to Albemarle.

 

The ships of this series were to be named after British admirals of the Age of Sail, unlike other heavy cruisers, which were named after the counties of Great Britain. We therefore decided to rename Bedford to Albermarle after George Monсk, 1st Duke of Albemarle. 

 

Soviet tier VIII battleship Borodino and the British tier VIII cruiser Cheshire will be added to the game for testing.

 

Soviet battleship Borodino, Tier VIII:

 

A post-war project for a small battleship for the Baltic sea. Armed with two turrets with three 406 mm guns from the battleship Sovetsky Soyuz. This ship is at an early stage of testing, her concept is still under development and characteristics will change.

 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_borodino_EN_1920x1080 (1).jpg

 

Hit points – 64,200. Plating - 32 mm.
Main battery - 2x3 406 mm. Firing range - 19.6 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 5800. Chance to cause fire – 40%. HE initial velocity - 830 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 13,250. AP initial velocity - 830 m/s. Reload time - 30.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 30.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 256 м. Sigma – 1.90.

 

Secondary Armament:
2x2 180.0 mm, range - 5.0 km. Reload time - 6 s. Maximum HE shell damage – 2,500. Chance to cause fire – 13%. HE initial velocity - 1000 m/s

 

AA defense:

12x4 25.0 mm. 12x2 57.0 mm. 2x2 180.0 mm.
AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second - 203, hit probability - 70 %, action zone 0.1-3.1 km;

AA defense mid-range: continuous damage per second - 357, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 0.1-4.0 km;

AA defense long-range: continuous damage per second - 42, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 0.1-5.8 km;

Number of explosions in a salvo - 2, damage within an explosion - 1,820, action zone 3.5 - 5.8 km.

Maximum speed - 31.6 kt. Turning circle radius - 1,060 m. Rudder shift time – 15.4 s.

Surface detectability – 17.5 km. Air detectability – 11.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 17.0 km.

 

Available consumables:
1 slot - Damage Control Party (duration time 10 s; reload time 60 (40) s; Charges 3 (4))
2 slot - Repair Party (duration time 28 s; HP per second 321.0; reload time 120 (80) s; charges 2 (3))
 

British cruiser Cheshire, Tier VIII:

 

Is a variant of HMS Albemarle. She is armed with three turrets with two 234 mm caliber guns, which is the main difference between her and her branch sister ship. The short firing range of this ship is compensated with good armour and powerful guns with a large caliber for a Tier VIII ship. These features make the Cheshire a great mid-range fighter.

 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_cheshire_1920x1080 (1).jpg

 

Hit points – 42,500. Plating - 25 mm.

Main battery - 3x2 234 mm. Firing range - 15.7 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 3,350. Chance to cause fire – 21%. HE initial velocity - 881 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 5,550. AP initial velocity - 881 m/s. Reload time - 15.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 18.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 141 м. Sigma – 2.05.

Torpedo tubes - 2x4 533 mm. Maximum damage - 16767. Range - 10.0 km. Speed - 62 kt. Reload time - 96 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km.


Instead of choosing between wide and narrow spreads, captains can choose to fire off individual torpedoes or expend the entire launcher at once.

 

AA defense:
10x2 40.0 mm. 20x2 20.0 mm. 8x2 113.0 mm.

AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second - 249, hit probability - 85 %, action zone 0.1-2.0 km;

AA defense mid-range: continuous damage per second - 228, hit probability - 90 %, action zone 0.1-3.5 km;

AA defense long-range: continuous damage per second - 168, hit probability - 90 %, action zone 0.1-5.8 km;

Number of explosions in a salvo - 7, damage within an explosion - 1,470, action zone 3.5 - 5.8 km.

 

Maximum speed - 34.0 kt. Turning circle radius - 720 m. Rudder shift time – 10.5 s. Surface detectability – 12.4 km. Air detectability – 7.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 7.7 km.

 

Available consumables:
1 slot - Damage Control Party
2 slot - Repair Party (duration time 20 s; HP per second 850.0; reload time 120 (80) s; charges 1 (2);
3 slot - Hydroacoustic Search (duration time 180 s; torpedo detection range 3.0 km; ship detection range 3.0 km; reload time 180 (120) s; Charges 2 (3));

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

 

Also, new Pan-Asian ships were added to the game for testing - Tier IX battleship Bajie and Tier VIII cruiser Wukong. These ships are based on the Japanese battleship Izumo and the French cruiser Charles Martel, but with changed characteristics and consumables. At the moment, the concept of the ships involves the following changes:

 

Bajie will have a main battery armament with higher accuracy and firing range , which is balanced by an increased main battery reload and turn time:

  • Main battery firing range increased from 21.7 to 23.1 km;
  • Sigma parameter increased from 2.0 to 2.1;
  • Main battery reload time increased from 30 to 32 s;
  • 180 degree turn time increased from 40 to 45 s.

 

Wukong will be notable for the increased rate of fire from her main battery armament, deep-water torpedoes, "Torpedo Reload Booster" and "Spotting Aircraft" consumables with standard characteristics. She will have no "Hydroacoustic Search", "Fighter", "Engine Boost" and "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumables:

  • Main battery Reload time reduced from 11 to 10.5 s;
  • Equipped with deep-water torpedoes that can not hit destroyers.
    • Torpedo tubes - 2x3 550 mm. Maximum damage - 18400. Range - 12 km. Speed - 63 kt. Reload time - 110 s. Torpedo detectability - 0.8 km.
    • "Torpedo Reload Booster" consumable: torpedo tubes reload time - 8 s; reload time 360 (240) s; charges 2 (3).

 

These ships will be dedicated to the Lunar New Year celebration.

 

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
24 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Also, new Pan-Asian ships were added to the game for testing - Tier IX battleship Bajie and Tier VIII cruiser Wukong. These ships are based on the Japanese battleship Izumo and the French cruiser Charles Martel, but with changed characteristics and consumables. At the moment, the concept of the ships involves the following changes:

 

Bajie will have a main battery armament with higher accuracy and firing range , which is balanced by an increased main battery reload and turn time:

  • Main battery firing range increased from 21.7 to 23.1 km;
  • Sigma parameter increased from 2.0 to 2.1;
  • Main battery reload time increased from 30 to 32 s;
  • 180 degree turn time increased from 40 to 45 s.

 

Wukong will be notable for the increased rate of fire from her main battery armament, deep-water torpedoes, "Torpedo Reload Booster" and "Spotting Aircraft" consumables with standard characteristics. She will have no "Hydroacoustic Search", "Fighter", "Engine Boost" and "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumables:

  • Main battery Reload time reduced from 11 to 10.5 s;
  • Equipped with deep-water torpedoes that can not hit destroyers.
    • Torpedo tubes - 2x3 550 mm. Maximum damage - 18400. Range - 12 km. Speed - 63 kt. Reload time - 110 s. Torpedo detectability - 0.8 km.
    • "Torpedo Reload Booster" consumable: torpedo tubes reload time - 8 s; reload time 360 (240) s; charges 2 (3).

 

These ships will be dedicated to the Lunar New Year celebration.

Excuse me, wtf?

 

I guess now we are just openly making stuff up as we go?

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Players
3,500 posts
15,766 battles

So, reassure me here, those pan asian ships, they are being added as some event ships, not actual ships, right?

Cause otherwise I'd really love to know which nation got their hands on the preliminary plans of Yamato prototypes and planned their own ship on its basis. Similarly with the french CA...

 

Otherwise with Lutjens, do I understand it correctly that say after getting a set amount of secondary hits, you get a faster secondary reload for the rest of the game? Is that it or do you mean something completely different with those "one-time" effects?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
2 minutes ago, Toivia said:

So, reassure me here, those pan asian ships, they are being added as some event ships, not actual ships, right?

Cause otherwise I'd really love to know which nation got their hands on the preliminary plans of Yamato prototypes and planned their own ship on its basis. Similarly with the french CA...

 

Otherwise with Lutjens, do I understand it correctly that say after getting a set amount of secondary hits, you get a faster secondary reload for the rest of the game? Is that it or do you mean something completely different with those "one-time" effects?

That would seem to be the case. Though the really lulzy part imo is the repeatable heal from spotting ribbons. Making GZ a CV that can heal!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,204 posts
4,583 battles

Correct me If i'm wrong here:

I land a single hit with a secondary Shell and get a permanent sec reload? Same for main batteries?

And every single Case of spotting will trigger a heal?

 

Please let me be getting this wrong....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Players
3,500 posts
15,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

That would seem to be the case. Though the really lulzy part imo is the repeatable heal from spotting ribbons. Making GZ a CV that can heal!

Oh no, didn't realise that. :fish_panic: It's basically a Graf Zeppelin captain through and through: secondaries, spotting, aircraft resoration and Improved Engine Boost skill.

What atrocity is this?!

 

1 minute ago, DaMaGGo said:

Correct me If i'm wrong here:

I land a single hit with a secondary Shell and get a permanent sec reload? Same for main batteries?

And every single Case of spotting will trigger a heal?

 

Please let me be getting this wrong....

Will probably be a set amount you have to accumuate first (other than one). Could be as high as "Get 10 spotting ribbons" or "Get 1000 secondary hits" for the buffs. :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
4 minutes ago, DaMaGGo said:

Correct me If i'm wrong here:

I land a single hit with a secondary Shell and get a permanent sec reload? Same for main batteries?

And every single Case of spotting will trigger a heal?

 

Please let me be getting this wrong....

Likely needs a certain amount of them.

 

Also, the spotting ribbon heal really is best on the GZ, because it is the sole German ship that gets spotting ribbons consistently, even in CV games. also, while plane restoration helps GZ, the lack of torp reload buff is not great for German DDs.

2 minutes ago, Toivia said:

Oh no, didn't realise that. :fish_panic: It's basically a Graf Zeppelin captain through and through: secondaries, spotting, aircraft resoration and Improved Engine Boost skill.

What atrocity is this?!

Making GZ Great Again! It does deserve a buff for real though.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Players
3,500 posts
15,766 battles

I suppose GZ is indeed weaker than other CVs. It's still a CV, though, and thus needs no incentives to be played at all. Out with the CV master race!

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
9,218 posts
6,449 battles
22 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Making GZ Great Again! It does deserve a buff for real though.

 

Yes but not via a dedicated captain...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[1FA]
Players
236 posts
14,632 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

 

Please delete this post.

Edited by Yamashiro42
Just figured out the answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
284 posts
4,138 battles

Lutjens wouldnt be my first choice to be a unique German captain...........however, at least he has usable skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,542 posts
14,618 battles

Liking the name Albemarle, +1 for that. Now all we need is Cheshire to be Benbow and Drake to be Defence, and we've got a load of ships with proper names.... 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,265 posts
18,360 battles
1 hour ago, K82J said:

Lutjens wouldnt be my first choice to be a unique German captain...........however, at least he has usable skills.

Only if you have the GrafZep. He's subpar for other lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
Just now, Aragathor said:

Only if you have the GrafZep. He's subpar for other lines.

He's ok for BBs too. I mean, main battery boost and secondary boost? Sure, you won't get a ton of spotting ribbons, but GZ also only gets the plane restoration buff, while the heal most of the time will be wasted and the secondary brawls are for memes. The best you could do would be trying to repair after a brawl, but good luck finding something that hasn't been spotted in a while. At best you can farm the enemy CV for spotting ribbons then. But a GK can get main battery hits and secondary hit ribbons too and benefit from buffs there for absolute memeworthy dpm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
284 posts
4,138 battles
45 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Only if you have the GrafZep. He's subpar for other lines.

I was thinking about improved EM / PM. DD's, BB's can benefit from those too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
7,248 posts
13,357 battles
5 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

The new commander

[...]

 

Looks to be more of a BB captain. You'll even get heal for rushing into an unspotted area of the map.

 

5 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

British cruiser Bedford, Tier VIII:

 

  • The ship has been renamed to Albemarle.

 

K, whatever.

 

5 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

 

Also, new Pan-Asian ships were added to the game for testing - Tier IX battleship Bajie and Tier VIII cruiser Wukong. These ships are based on the Japanese battleship Izumo and the French cruiser Charles Martel, but with changed characteristics and consumables. At the moment, the concept of the ships involves the following changes:

 

Bajie will have a main battery armament with higher accuracy and firing range , which is balanced by an increased main battery reload and turn time:

  • Main battery firing range increased from 21.7 to 23.1 km;
  • Sigma parameter increased from 2.0 to 2.1;
  • Main battery reload time increased from 30 to 32 s;
  • 180 degree turn time increased from 40 to 45 s.

 

Wukong will be notable for the increased rate of fire from her main battery armament, deep-water torpedoes, "Torpedo Reload Booster" and "Spotting Aircraft" consumables with standard characteristics. She will have no "Hydroacoustic Search", "Fighter", "Engine Boost" and "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumables:

  • Main battery Reload time reduced from 11 to 10.5 s;
  • Equipped with deep-water torpedoes that can not hit destroyers.
    • Torpedo tubes - 2x3 550 mm. Maximum damage - 18400. Range - 12 km. Speed - 63 kt. Reload time - 110 s. Torpedo detectability - 0.8 km.
    • "Torpedo Reload Booster" consumable: torpedo tubes reload time - 8 s; reload time 360 (240) s; charges 2 (3).

 

These ships will be dedicated to the Lunar New Year celebration.

 

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

 

Wtf. When will there be a Pan America CV? :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,542 posts
14,618 battles
8 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Wtf. When will there be a Pan America CV? :Smile_facepalm:

Presumably when they get around to adding Veinticinco de Mayo, given that it was an actual ship an' all. 

 

I'm not puzzled by the Pan-Asian ships - clearly there is a market - I'm just puzzled about why anyone would want an Izumo with a slower turret traverse. Liking the Wu Tang Charlie Martel, though. 12 k Deep Water torps and reload booster? Sounds fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
7,248 posts
13,357 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

I'm not puzzled by the Pan-Asian ships - clearly there is a market - I'm just puzzled about why anyone would want an Izumo with a slower turret traverse. Liking the Wu Tang Charlie Martel, though. 12 k Deep Water torps and reload booster? Sounds fun.

 

Maybe that "Izumo" has all turrent facing the bow like Nelson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,421 posts
5,556 battles
17 hours ago, DaMaGGo said:

Correct me If i'm wrong here:

I land a single hit with a secondary Shell and get a permanent sec reload? Same for main batteries?

And every single Case of spotting will trigger a heal?

 

Please let me be getting this wrong....

You're getting it wrong.

 

He will have the following 4 talents, each of which is activated upon receiving a certain number of different ribbons

It's not yet revealed how many ribbons you will need to get to activate the different talents, but I think we can be sure it's more than one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,204 posts
4,583 battles
Vor 11 Minuten, Uglesett sagte:

You're getting it wrong.

Yeah, got that. As a "non-native speaking" i sometimes have problems reading between the lines. Thats why i aked for correcrtion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
144 posts
20 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

British cruiser Bedford, Tier VIII:

 

  • The ship has been renamed to Albemarle.

Good news. Now would you guys consider changing HMS Drake as well please? As it was mentioned before, Drake was the name of Devonport Naval Station in the same timeframe (still it is!)!  Benbow,  Blake or any other Brit Admiral would do it better. Or even Churchill (not Winston but John Churchill from the 18th cent.) or Blenheim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,388 posts
245 battles
16 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

 

Looks to be more of a BB captain. You'll even get heal for rushing into an unspotted area of the map.

 

 

K, whatever.

 

 

Wtf. When will there be a Pan America CV? :Smile_facepalm:

Surprised you didnt notice miss borodino lol.

 

I mean it should be obvious by now that wargaming isnt that bothered about historical accuracy and they will simply fill in gaps when needed.

 

chinese izumo looks interesting doe. Hope they change the names for the other british cruisers however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Players
3,500 posts
15,766 battles
3 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Surprised you didnt notice miss borodino lol.

 

I mean it should be obvious by now that wargaming isnt that bothered about historical accuracy and they will simply fill in gaps when needed.

 

chinese izumo looks interesting doe. Hope they change the names for the other british cruisers however.

As much as I hate saying that, it's reasonable to think there is a napkin deep inside soviet archives with Borodino sketched there.

 

I cannot fathom which asian country could dream up a Yamato prototype in any way, shape or form. At that point, what stops Switzerand from getting a variation on the Grosser Kurfurst*?

 

*Mind you, even that would be more believable. Imagine a german naval architect depositing plans and sketches in a swiss bank...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×