You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - New Year's celebration.

36 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,257 posts
3,607 battles

Commanders!

New Year is a time of gifts. This time we have prepared a lot of rewards and activities for you, including a very special treat!

Snowflakes

In version 0.8.11, players will be able to receive holiday victory bonuses on all their ships starting from Tier V. Ships of Tiers V-VII will bring 400-750 units of coal, ships of Tiers VIII-IX - 75 units of steel, and victories on Tier X ships will earn "New Year's gift" containers, from which it's possible to receive one of many Premium ships and other rewards.

Dockyard

Each player's own dockyard will appear in the port, where the American Tier X cruiser Puerto Rico will be built. The construction of the ship is divided into several stages: players will have to go through all stages of construction - from laying the keel to the installation of weapons and deck equipment.

The construction will take place in real-time and will continue after the player logs out. For the completion of each stage, players will receive various valuable rewards, and the final one will be the American Tier X cruiser itself. 

The construction of Puerto Rico will only be available in version 0.8.11 and will take a long time, but the process can be accelerated. In order to be able to finish the ship on time, it is necessary to build various structures at the dockyard. These buildings become available sequentially, and their construction will require either Doubloons or a special temporary resource - Shipbuilding tokens. You can get tokens for completing the event directives. The progress of construction and available facilities can be monitored via a special port interface.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_building_ship_1920x1080.jpg

Event directives

The event will consist of 7 directives. In addition to the Shipbuilding tokens, valuable rewards are available for completing the missions and directives, including various in-game items, "New Year's gift" containers, and "Shipbuilding" containers.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_New_Year_Container_1_1920x1080.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_New_Year_Container_4_collection_1920x1080.jpg

New collection

"Shipbuilding" containers contain elements of a new collection. It will consist of 20 elements and cover the stages of shipbuilding using Puerto Rico as an example.

WG_SPB_WoWS_Collection_0.8.11_1920x1080.jpg

New year port and camouflages

The atmosphere of celebration in the game will be brought to life by a festively decorated port of "New York", as well as New Year's permanent camouflages for ships of the tier VIII, which can be mounted on almost any cruiser, destroyer or battleship.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_new_york_EN_3_1920x1080.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_cleveland_new_year_skin_1920x1080.jpg

In addition, the game will feature a special permanent camouflage for Puerto Rico.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_puerto_rico_permoflage_1920x1080.jpg

Update 0.8.11 will include more gifts, which we will announce later. Follow the news on our portal.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

• Cool 4

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,044 posts

Considering how much we had to grind for the Benham, I'm not sure I want to even think about the necessary grind for the Puerto Rico if you do not want to spend doubloons.

Let's see how much Wargaming listened to their players this time. It's Christmas and New Years time after all.

The rest is the same old repetitive stuff we got so bored off by now:

Special type of container (two new types even), special temporary currency, directives.

Steel on snowflakes is nice for us non-competetive players.

• Cool 5

Players
861 posts
11,990 battles

NA forums are a bit more active on this right now.

• Further clarification that there is no distinction between tech tree ships and Premium ships.
  • Also no exceptions for ships previously owned and reset in the Research Bureau.

Me, I'm just glad my prediction that the shipbuilding grind was going to be for California was wrong. Puerto Rico is much more appealing. Also my Clan should have finished the final Steel upgrade in our Naval Base for +10% Steel by then. I did very nicely out of last year's event, so I'm quite looking forward to this one.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,508 posts
15,826 battles

Hmm, so at least the construction grind isn't for Poltava as I expected.

On the other hand, sweet Jeebus, what a grind it will be for a T10 ship. Benham was quite an example of what atrocities WG is capable of...

[MUUH]
Players
28 posts
16,817 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

New Year's permanent camouflages for ships of the tier VIII, which can be mounted on almost any cruiser, destroyer or battleship. 

why does WG always exclude the Cvs from this?

@Tanatoy

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,300 posts
13,439 battles
6 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Snowflakes

In version 0.8.11, players will be able to receive holiday victory bonuses on all their ships starting from Tier V. Ships of Tiers V-VII will bring 400-750 units of coal, ships of Tiers VIII-IX - 75 units of steel, and victories on Tier X ships will earn "New Year's gift" containers, from which it's possible to receive one of many Premium ships and other rewards.

Last year prems were more valuable and you gave out more steel.  Is there a reason for changing that?

Dockyard

Each player's own dockyard will appear in the port, where the American Tier X cruiser Puerto Rico will be built

So you'll need to play 24/7 or pay. amazing.

Event directives

Same

New collection

Old

7 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

New year port and camouflages

Stuff.

• Cool 3

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,618 battles

10 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

So you'll need to play 24/7 or pay. amazing.

why? you have some info? 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,421 posts
10 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Last year prems were more valuable and you gave out more steel.  Is there a reason for changing that?

Maybe because of the unicum party complains that the tomatoes got too much steel too easy....

• Funny 1

[SVX]
Players
13 posts
25,100 battles

Milk cow; kind of new currency to buy a ship...and you might end up being disappointed. I am tired of this crap...'so why don't you stop playing'...I am about to. 

GRINDING is not what this game needs. You need more content and you don't have that right now. 

[KAKE]
Players
2,428 posts
5,578 battles

Since it's based on directives, it might be doable. The problem with the Benham grind was that it required playing on basically a daily basis, whereas directives can at least to some extent be completed on your own time.

We'll see just how massive the directives are...

• Cool 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,428 posts
5,578 battles
1 hour ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Remember the 24 million credits with 6 different nations for a sucky T6 premium?

Oh, I have no doubt in my mind that WG can easily turn this event to :etc_swear: if they so please.

I'm just keeping my torch-and-pitchfork collection in the closet for now.

• Funny 2

[T-N-T]
Players
3,508 posts
15,826 battles

Indeed, weekly directives in principle allow more leeway than having to play daily (and not just one or two battles either) for a month.

But there's so far no indication how exactly the directives will be spaced and even less on what the individual missions will be...

Players
6,452 posts
245 battles

Well due to uni i cant no life the event if the grind is bad.

not that i would want to anyways, not sure if i care about the pueto rico too be honest.

also it would be nice if those crates gave out something meaningful from time to time.

i reckon the directives will be long, highly tedious and some of them based on rng.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,300 posts
13,439 battles
13 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

why? you have some info? 

I know WG and I know the amout of time we needed to get a meh T6 BC last year.

I'm very certain the missions will be more difficult/time consuming than the PEF mission marathon.

12 hours ago, Klopirat said:

Maybe because of the unicum party complains that the tomatoes got too much steel too easy....

They should be happy that potatoes drag down the stats of their "reward" ships. So they'll be save of incoming nerfs.

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
597 posts
15,899 battles
On 11/11/2019 at 3:00 PM, Tanatoy said:

Tier V. Ships of Tiers V-VII will bring 400-750 units of coal, ships of Tiers VIII-IX - 75 units of steel

A present is a present therefore we will have to say thanks anyway.

But honestly I woold have prefered something like last year were the amount of steel was different according to tier and premium/silver ships. 

We will see if something change.

:Smile_honoring:

[AWU]
Players
162 posts
17,854 battles

If you must play every day while christmas time - then WG, I dont do it. But if it is all with directives so you could do in 1 day a lot and then celebrate with the family, all will be OK for me. If some dublons needed, its ok - you will get a T10-Ship. But if it will cost in the end 300 Bucks like the Benham - then Puerto Rico is not needed in my port.

• Cool 2

Players
1,263 posts
3,024 battles
19 minuti fa, XRambo ha scritto:

If you must play every day while christmas time - then WG, I dont do it. But if it is all with directives so you could do in 1 day a lot and then celebrate with the family, all will be OK for me. If some dublons needed, its ok - you will get a T10-Ship. But if it will cost in the end 300 Bucks like the Benham - then Puerto Rico is not needed in my port.

Agree. While I don't need Puerto Rico, I hope that is not going to be to time requiring; I mean, not that you would be able to do it in one day, but not at the level that you have to spend your life into it. 

The thing is that if you give the players the chance to get a free premium ship, whatever tier it is, but then you put it behind a "time wall" then what's the point?

I hope that Puerto Rico will be doable in a reasonable amount of time.