You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_SzkioGezxc4G

Ridiculous ...

93 comments in this topic

Players
94 posts

OK, so I just had a game where I am with a Jean Bart and I end up vs a Fletcher. It is man to man. 

JB: 2 overpens AP result in 2380 damage. 

F: 2 torpedos in the nose, 26 k damage: WOW! 

F: 1 torp, about 9 k damage: what about the so-called saturation?

He is hiding into smoke and I get within less than 2 km. I repeat LESS than 2 km. 

JB: using HE as we all know we should use against DDs, 6 pens, 8 k damage: virtually the same as AP overpens I did in the beginning of the fight. I couldn't kill him. No Devastation Strike, nothing! I thought that with 380 mm guns you should evaporate a destroyer from less than 2 km. And even from this small distance, two guns missed it. I guess 8 pens would have been too much would not have killed the Fletcher. 

Jean Bart has secondaries but they don't bother to shoot AT ALL. 

And finally: Fletcher launches again two sets of 5 torps and I received 3 in the nose. Is there really supposed to be a saturation? The battleships was destroyed through the nose.

My plan was to rush this DD and while aware that I would eat a ton of damage I could delete it, take the cap. Nothing like that. Basically, a DD showed a middle finger to the "mighty" battleship. 

The game World of Warships is more like a Fantasy World of Warships. Some people say that some ships are paper ships. I can tell you this: all of the ships in this game are paper ships. They are just beautiful images of real boats.

I know this sounds like a another grumpy complaint but don't take the time to write "L2P". What is there to learn - never attack a single ship, never attack a DD? With three caps into enemy hands and my team lemming train doing nothing, there wasn't much to do from my position. 

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

08.png

09.png

20191110_191455_PFSB518-Jean-Bart_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

• Boring 3

Players
6,111 posts

I read: "I demand that my BB is able to rush down any DD without any support and he is not allowed to have a chance. Why? IM A BB, im BIG !! d´oh!

oh btw: if its so easy to play a DD and it can finish every enemy to his liking - why dont you play DD then? Should be a piece of cake right?

• Cool 10
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 6

Players
8,746 posts

JB only has 5400 HE damage, so even under best circumstances that would be 14k, not enough to kill a full HP DD. And thats without saturation, which will lower your damage.

Also, Fletcher torps have like 19k maxdamage, so 3 hits in the bow would be 57000 without saturation, but you got less so it clearly works. Also, they removed total saturation for torps, because dealing 0 damage with a torp is utterly stupid.

And you have 7 secondary hits in the end, so they clearly started to shoot?

And last but not least: Why do you expect to rush a DD and get away with it? Obviously, torps get harder to dodge the closer you get, so why make it more favourable for the DD?

• Cool 5

Players
390 posts
7,814 battles

rushing a DD in a BB...seen that go very wrong so many times......

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,168 posts
18,902 battles
24 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

F: 2 torpedos in the nose, 26 k damage: WOW! 

F: 1 torp, about 9 k damage: what about the so-called saturation?

Fletcher torps have 19k alpha strike.

Damage saturation cuts that in half once it kicks in.

Do the math.

• Cool 1

Players
94 posts
Vor 41 Minuten, DFens_666 sagte:

JB only has 5400 HE damage, so even under best circumstances that would be 14k, not enough to kill a full HP DD. And thats without saturation, which will lower your damage.

Also, Fletcher torps have like 19k maxdamage, so 3 hits in the bow would be 57000 without saturation, but you got less so it clearly works. Also, they removed total saturation for torps, because dealing 0 damage with a torp is utterly stupid.

And you have 7 secondary hits in the end, so they clearly started to shoot?

And last but not least: Why do you expect to rush a DD and get away with it? Obviously, torps get harder to dodge the closer you get, so why make it more favourable for the DD?

But battleship guns reload within the same time interval like they would in the real world, the destroyer is reloading torps much faster. And for some reason, they do too much damage compared to what the battleship can do. If a DD get a high explosive shell inside it would be gone let alone 6 hits. Not to include the secondaries witch you say they hit it without much success. 

Edited by anonym_SzkioGezxc4G
  • Boring 2

Players
8,746 posts
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Do the math.

150?cb=20120425011241

3 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

Not to include the secondaries witch you say they hit it without much success. 

image.png.35095fc99324a857e4da5586ccae2b3e.png

image.thumb.png.e546c1daaeb176e8eb13a1eb894858f4.png

Only superstructure is 13mm, otherwise your small caliber secondaries shatter on it.

• Funny 1

Players
8,746 posts
7 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

Am I supposed to know the armor scheme of all ships and to calculate my guns capability within a matter of a few seconds before the fight begins? 

You dont have to know them all (or well, wouldnt even be that hard since most have similar armor thickness)

But something like 100mm secondaries are worth nothing. They can start fires, but apart from that, they wont penetrate anything (almost).

German secondaries are better, because they have special penetration rule (not all, but most on T7+). So they can penetrate thicker armor. JB also has 152mm secondaries, which would penetrate 19mm or armor, but they can only fire backwards afaik. Thats the big turret at the back of the ship f.e.

• Cool 2

Players
6,111 posts
7 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

Am I supposed to know the armor scheme of all ships and to calculate my guns capability within a matter of a few seconds before the fight begins? 

Pretty much yes. But the thing is: you do this in advance. You know what you secondaries can pen and what not. Then you dont need to think about that in game.

btw: do you know what your BB mainguns can pen/overmatch or not? Or how the armor schemes of other BBs and cruisers are?

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,168 posts
18,902 battles
8 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

If you'd have actually obtained such knowledge than there is no need to calculate anything during a match.

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
3 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

you dont need to know the exact armour scheme "of all ships" - but if you had any interest in actually improving as opposed to just complaining, you might as well at least start learning the very basic rules of thumb that govern armour plating... there's not a whole lot to the armour schemes of DDs (the only two notable examples that I can think of of the top of my head are Khaba and Gearing which get somewhat of an armoured belt - everything else is pretty much uniform at a given tier), so you can very easily figure out what you can expect your 100mm secondary battery to do...

and while you're at it you can also take a look at how the extremities on larger ships are protected (also uniform across tiers, with a few ships here and there getting extended armour belts that sometimes reach the nose but you can start getting used to which those are once you've got the basics of plating down) and how that interacts with the various calibers of HE and AP you might end up shooting at it.

• Cool 3

Players
94 posts

OK, thank you very much for your time but I am not going to study anything like armor plating. I will just take that I will not rush destroyers when driving a battleship. Not that I didn't know it before but I just thought that I could take a chance. Only the outcome shocked me a LOT! If I was able to devstrike the DD I would have lived. After all one is able to to that to much larger ships. But it seems that the game does not allow such atrocities. That is what I didn't know before tonight. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
4,623 posts
19,166 battles
15 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

OK, thank you very much for your time but I am not going to study anything like armor plating. I will just take that I will not rush destroyers when driving a battleship. No that I didn't know it before but I just thought that I could take a chance. Only the outcome shocked me a LOT! If I was able to devstrike the DD I would have lived. But I guess the game does not allow for that. That is what I didn't know before tonight. 

Fun fact: going full speed and adding a pinch of luck You could have rammed that DD to death and mayhaps survived. Unless, of course, he would expect that and just torp you ^^

So... yeah, don't rush a DD in smoke... ^^

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,293 posts
15,609 battles
14 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

OK, thank you very much for your time but I am not going to study anything like armor plating. I will just take that I will not rush destroyers when driving a battleship. Not that I didn't know it before but I just thought that I could take a chance. Only the outcome shocked me a LOT! If I was able to devstrike the DD I would have lived. After all one is able to to that to much larger ships. But it seems that the game does not allow such atrocities. That is what I didn't know before tonight. 

You learn, or you die.

Your call.

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,286 battles

At first I thought rushing the DD was a move you made towards the end of the game. 

Then i saw the pictures. 

Why would you rush a DD at the very start of the game? Without DD/CL support? And a Fletcher of all things? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
2,683 posts
9,863 battles
15 minutes ago, Dolgorukov said:

Man, rushing a dd in smoke with a ligth cruiser with hydro, RPF and a ROF between 6 and 8 s it's a very risky business, it's like bullfights.

Not always successful, baiting the torps to go to the other side, where you aren't.

You can't do this in a BB.

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
5,530 posts
6,685 battles
31 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Fun fact: going full speed and adding a pinch of luck You could have rammed that DD to death and mayhaps survived. Unless, of course, he would expect that and just torp you ^^

So... yeah, don't rush a DD in smoke... ^^

Done it quite a few times... but in Conqkek.... rush.... maybe eat torps... HEAL... blap the DD (or Mino, which is easier).

You have ~30% chance for it to work, I have blapped 2 DDs or 3 DDs and it also happened I didn't make it. 

Depends also on having good nerves... best chance you have when the DD turns to launch the second set. 

THEN you blap him. If he survives, you miss, or he dies but gets the torps off... well... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,364 posts
17,398 battles

A battleship complaining about getting torped by destroyers. What is this? 2015?

• Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,168 posts
18,902 battles
1 hour ago, Dolgorukov said:

Or otherwise quite WoWs. I`ve done it a few times before so it isn`t that hard to do.

:cap_hmm::cap_hmm::cap_hmm::cap_hmm::cap_hmm::cap_hmm: