Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Foxworth

looks like he commited suicide...how?

29 comments in this topic

[-KDC-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles

hi everybody,

i had a game where one of the last remaining ships obviously commited suicide, but how did he do that? he also lost a kill, before dying he had 3 kills. he wasn't pink, not before, not after dying. i just figured it out because i got solo warrior and thought why are there just 3 remaining ships and i get solo warrior as i did not kill anymore ships.

look at that screenshot:

Screenshot (108)_LI.jpg

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,392 posts
7,178 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Foxworth said:

hi everybody,

i had a game where one of the last remaining ships obviously commited suicide, but how did he do that? he also lost a kill, before dying he had 3 kills. i just figured it out because i got solo warrior and thought why are there just 3 remaining ships and i get solo warrior as i did not kill anymore ships.

look at that screenshot:

Screenshot (108)_LI.jpg

If he was pink already then doing damage to allies reflects onto him - if this reflected damage is enough to sink him he counts as killing himself

• Cool 1

[-KDC-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles
Just now, Xevious_Red said:

If he was pink already then doing damage to allies reflects onto him - if this reflected damage is enough to sink him he counts as killing himself

i just added that he wasn't pink before... haha

[TAYTO]
Players
677 posts
8,182 battles

If you shoot upwards the projectiles will come down back onto you.

NOT!

No idea what happened there. I would very much want to know myself.

[501L]
Players
374 posts
4,314 battles

Hmm and it's an Iron Duke so it can't be a carrier who torped themselves or someone accidentally running into their own torps (which I have seen on the Russian DDs very rarely since they can almost outrun their own torps if they're not careful)

[KAKE]
Players
2,419 posts
5,535 battles

Shoots teammate with HE -> turns pink -> Teammate keeps burning, but damage is reflected -> profitsuicide

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,122 posts
18,868 battles
12 minutes ago, Sir_Foxworth said:

i just added that he wasn't pink before... haha

Doesn't matter as shooting a teammate can easily cause you to become pink.

Also it is afaik not possible to see whether an opponent is pink or not.

• Cool 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,419 posts
5,535 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Now that you mention it...

[LUZ1]
Players
350 posts
10,439 battles

I believe that if you are a repeat offender doing damage to teammates the game blows you up. I have seen that happen once.

[NED]
Players
2,011 posts
7,708 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Doesn't matter as shooting a teammate can easily cause you to become pink.

When the game is loading you can hover the Mouse over the names in the enemy teamlist and you can then see if they are pink or not.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
8,700 posts
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Think you can see that if you move the mouse over their name in the loading screen, name is pink then :cap_hmm:

9 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Shoots teammate with HE -> turns pink -> Teammate keeps burning, but damage is reflected -> profitsuicide

Think you cant set fires/floods to teammates anymore. Wasnt that removed because people wouldnt repair floods and kill their teammates because of it? :cap_haloween:

[-KDC-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles
4 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Now that you mention it...

good point. i checked his stats, he has a great personal rating, looks like he is a very good player. Alos looks like a 2nd account as he has only around 700 games played and an average kills at 1.48. I don't think he was pink. I just asked in ingame chat about it, he is offline, so it can take a while.

[-KDC-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles

i just tried something in training room, go close to an island with a british bb, but i did not take any splash damage as i shot the island firing HE...

Players
9,334 posts
10,985 battles
19 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I think you can see enemies being pink by bringing team table and then hovering over enemy names.

[-KDC-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles
17 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I think you can see enemies being pink by bringing team table and then hovering over enemy names.

i could not find any evidence that he was pink watching the replay

Players
2,106 posts
8,953 battles

(as far as I know) He can become pink and suicide by inflicting further dmg to team mates in one game.

• Cool 1

Players
1,415 posts
17,607 battles

I think the only way to know if an enemy player is pink is during the loading screen team lists and if you run your cursor over their names it will display who are the pink players, not that I have ever found that useful information 

Edit: actually even in battle if you pull up the team lists and run your cursor over the players names it shows who is pink 

Beta Tester
4,607 posts
19,113 battles
2 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

I think the only way to know if an enemy player is pink is during the loading screen team lists and if you run your cursor over their names it will display who are the pink players, not that I have ever found that useful information 

Ah well, sometimes it's nice to check which team has more of those Pinky Pies among them... one has to know where possible help may come from ^^

• Cool 1

Players
2,240 posts
18,089 battles
17 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Think you cant set fires/floods to teammates anymore. Wasnt that removed because people wouldnt repair floods and kill their teammates because of it? :cap_haloween:

Aaaaawww? That was my favorite thing to do if I got torped in the back by a cruiser trying to sink a 15 km distant enemy with 6 km torps. :Smile_sad:

[JRM]
Players
5,449 posts
22,580 battles
5 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

Is it possible to self-detonate?

In a BB?

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Like said: he could have been pink from the beginning. Indeed you don't see pink enemy ships. And could have TK-ed (accidentally or not). What I don't understand is why you got solo warrior. OC I don't mean that out of jealousy just the reward requires winning while 4 enemies remain. (killing them or winning by cap). At the moment of the incident the game wasn't finished yet. Reds had enough points not to be pushed to 0 by that alleged TK.

Players
2,444 posts
11,389 battles
2 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

Is it possible to self-detonate?

You gotta press up up down down left right left right a b buttons on your keyboard. Your ship will then self-detonate.

[-KDC-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

Like said: he could have been pink from the beginning. Indeed you don't see pink enemy ships. And could have TK-ed (accidentally or not). What I don't understand is why you got solo warrior. OC I don't mean that out of jealousy just the reward requires winning while 4 enemies remain. (killing them or winning by cap). At the moment of the incident the game wasn't finished yet. Reds had enough points not to be pushed to 0 by that alleged TK.

i think you get solo warrior if you fight alone against 4 remaining ships and win, thats it.

Sign in to follow this