Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMechano

Some low tier changes

10 comments in this topic

[501L]
Players
371 posts
4,314 battles

There is one major disparity between non RN cruisers at low and high tier. That is that high tier cruisers get a heal while the low tier ones don't. this means if you're say, tier 7 in a tier 9 game you're already at a huge disadvantage in a cruiser on cruiser engagement as is without the fact that your opponent can also heal up whilst you cannot. Would it really be so bad if ALL cruisers no matter the tier got a heal, yes the Royal Navy heal could simply be better but it would still help out a lot at lower tiers. The same is true of CVs. A tier 6 CV in a tier 8 game is basically screwed for the main point that the tier 8 ships are balanced around the CVs they face having a plane heal not to mention AA scales exponentially meaning tier 6 AA is kind of meh but tier 8 AA, even on ships that are kind of meh about it, deal way more because plane health also massively leaps up between the tiers. Your already doing less torp damage, have way less plane health etc. so why not give the planes a heal? 

I imagine this isn't going to be a popular opinion admittedly, after all, who asks for CV buffs these days but it would certainly be nice for all cruisers and all cvs of all tiers to get a heal.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,652 posts
9,794 battles

Errrr

I'm a cruiser main, but you lost me at the part of heal for planes

• Funny 1

Players
9,316 posts
10,955 battles
20 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

There is one major disparity between non RN cruisers at low and high tier

You know, any other cruiser nation get heals as late as tier 9:cap_popcorn:

Players
719 posts

At tier 4, most BB's that you face are big fat slow soft flammable targets. Nikolai, GC and OR are the exceptions.

I'd feel that my Phoenix and Omaha - both of which I enjoy playing - would be totally OP if they had a heal. Or they'd have to nerf them in some other area, eg their rate of fire to keep them balanced.

The Danae and Emerald are pathetically feeble ships. If any tweaks should be given to low tier cruisers it should be to the Royal Navy ones, for example by giving them Nelson type super heals.

Plus I wouldn't like to play against other cruisers that have heals (and HE). It's nice when I hit them and know that the damage will stick, as they are harder to hit than BB's.

At tier 7, ships like the Shchors have really good real world DPM. Or the Myoko has pretty good DPM and pretty good survivability plus nice torps. Again they'd be OP with heals.

[501L]
Players
371 posts
4,314 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

You know, any other cruiser nation get heals as late as tier 9:cap_popcorn:

That's what I mean cruisers of all nations should get heals at any tier. The Royal Navy heal should be better at all tiers but the rest at least get a heal.

Battleships from tier 3 to tier 10 get a heal so why not have the same for cruisers?

Players
7,404 posts
8,209 battles
18 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

The same is true of CVs. A tier 6 CV in a tier 8 game is basically screwed

No, they are not. They are still very much capable of murdering T8 ships. Maybe not as easily as they murder T5 ships, but that's a given.

20 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

I imagine this isn't going to be a popular opinion admittedly, after all, who asks for CV buffs these days but it would certainly be nice for all cruisers and all cvs of all tiers to get a heal.

Sure, give the Hosho a friggin heal, because it might see T5 ships against which it struggles oh so much?

• Funny 1

[501L]
Players
371 posts
4,314 battles
Just now, Sleepy_Bunny said:

No, they are not. They are still very much capable of murdering T8 ships. Maybe not as easily as they murder T5 ships, but that's a given.

Sure, give the Hosho a friggin heal, because it might see T5 ships against which it struggles oh so much?

The tier 4 ships  I would probably make an exception for since they can only see +1. That part is fair but the tier 6 CV should get a heal OR we shouldn't have done a 4-6-8 option with CVs in the first place and just kept the odd tiers in *shrugs* but its too late for any changes now.

Players
6,316 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

True i still managed a kraken with ryujo even if i sold her in the end.

hosho with plane heals would be down right broken lol.

Maybe i can get along better with shokaku.

Players
7,404 posts
8,209 battles
16 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

The tier 4 ships  I would probably make an exception for since they can only see +1. That part is fair but the tier 6 CV should get a heal OR we shouldn't have done a 4-6-8 option with CVs in the first place and just kept the odd tiers in *shrugs* but its too late for any changes now.

Or people could just get better at playing T6 CVs.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,504 posts
14,535 battles
11 hours ago, Lin3 said:

The Danae and Emerald are pathetically feeble ships. If any tweaks should be given to low tier cruisers it should be to the Royal Navy ones, for example by giving them Nelson type super heals.

Danae and Emerald have massive potential torpedo alpha damage, if you can get in range..... their heals are only of moderate use because they don't fix citadel damage, and that's most of the damage they take. Nelson type heals wouldn't be much of an improvement.

Sign in to follow this