You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Raspack

rockets or missiles?

20 comments in this topic

[SDI]
Players
29 posts
3,357 battles

It's me? or someone else thinks that squadrons of rocket planes do too much harm to be real.
I never saw a ship sunk with rockets in World War II, but here they sink like donuts ... 
it's too much damage that those squads do, look at it please.

Edit: Formatting corrected

Players
6,388 posts
245 battles

If we had missles then you would prob get sabres and migs running around at tier 12. 

So nuclear enty, super yammy cv, GKF cv and some russian cv premium.

cus heat seeking missles from the 1950’s and early 60’s would be a bit much.

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
1 minute ago, Raspack said:

It's me? or someone else thinks that squadrons of rocket planes do too much harm to be real.
I never saw a ship sunk with rockets in World War II, but here they sink like donuts ... it's too much damage that those squads do, look at it please.

What the hell did you use for this kinda weird formatting?

Anyway, FFARs and HVARs were used against ships and sunk subs (which is what some of these rockets were originally designed for). Ingame, the main reason DDs get absolutely decimated is because the smaller rockets do damage like a DD shell and the amount of rockets in one attack mean that the hp pool gets depleted fast. It can be debated whether IRL that could be reproduced, but in general, it isn't completely out of whack that an attack wrecks lightly armoured targets. What is out of whack is the ease with which CVs can attack ships.

Also, IRL, most DDs sunk by air attack died to dive bombers and while harder to use, HE DBs certainly can absolutely decimate DDs. Haven't seen it as much these days, maybe due to accuracy nerf, but in the early days of rework, it wasn't uncommon to see Midways oneshot DDs.

• Cool 1

Players
9,359 posts
10,991 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

If we had missles then you would prob get sabres and migs running around at tier 12. 

3ftqhj.jpg

• Funny 6

Players
1,233 posts
3,005 battles
21 minuti fa, Raspack ha scritto:

I never saw a ship sunk with rockets in World War II, but here they sink like donuts ... it's too much damage that those squads do, look at it please.

WoWs devs are Russian what do you expect; they mounted rockets on every single plane they had since the '30.

I-153-1.jpg

Now; sure other nations mounted rockets on their planes; like USA, UK, Germany and Japan. But those were primarly Air-to-Air weapons (as with the Russian fighters), and they were used rarely. The only rocket that i know that was designed to be used also against ships is the Tiny Tim, that however, was used only at the end of WW2. 

My biggest problem with the CV rework is that my planes are defenseless against the enemy fighter; i mean, where the hell did this guy go?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfFoBSQxx_3FnPYyoDDX0

[501L]
Players
375 posts
4,314 battles

Just a point but at, least prior to tier 8, the IJN rocket planes are kind of a joke. At high tiers it might be a different story.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,035 posts
49 minutes ago, Raspack said:

but here they sink like donuts

What kind of donuts do they serve in your area?

Those I can get here float just fine.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
27 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

WoWs devs are Russian what do you expect; they mounted rockets on every single plane they had since the '30.

I-153-1.jpg

Now; sure other nations mounted rockets on their planes; like USA, UK, Germany and Japan. But those were primarly Air-to-Air weapons (as with the Russian fighters), and they were used rarely. The only rocket that i know that was designed to be used also against ships is the Tiny Tim, that however, was used only at the end of WW2. 

My biggest problem with the CV rework is that my planes are defenseless against the enemy fighter; i mean, where the hell did this guy go?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfFoBSQxx_3FnPYyoDDX0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Inch_Forward_Firing_Aircraft_Rocket - what Langley, Ranger, Enterprise and stock Lexington get.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Velocity_Aircraft_Rocket - what Lexington and Midway get as alternative to Tiny Tims

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3 - what all British CVs get (which is why by T10 they are so mediocre, as damage goes up, but pen stays the same)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werfer-Granate_21 - what Graf Zeppelin gets

Japanese fitted some rockets on aircraft like the A6M, but don't ask me what the Type 3 and 5 rockets are that are used ingame.

Anyway, no, these are genuine rockets, more real than most RU BBs.

• Cool 2

[PONY]
Beta Tester
5,779 posts
9,973 battles
1 hour ago, Raspack said:

I never saw a ship sunk with rockets in World War II,

So where there personaly?

• Cool 1

Players
278 posts
1,590 battles
1 hour ago, DrMechano said:

Just a point but at, least prior to tier 8, the IJN rocket planes are kind of a joke. At high tiers it might be a different story.

Tell that to the 2k-4k rocket volleys my Ryujo regularly pulls of.

In tier 8 they just become even better, a lot better.

Players
9,359 posts
10,991 battles
20 minutes ago, LordTareq said:

Tell that to the 2k-4k rocket volleys my Ryujo regularly pulls of.

In tier 8 they just become even better, a lot better.

Rockets are the same. You simply throw 18 of them instead 8, but with appropriately increased dispersion, so practical accuracy against DDs remain about the same. Cruisers they can spank just fine tho.

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,506 posts
9,667 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Rockets are the same. You simply throw 18 of them instead 8, but with appropriately increased dispersion, so practical accuracy against DDs remain about the same. Cruisers they can spank just fine tho.

Too true 10k on a cruiser is easy at tier 10 and for some tier 8 cvs

Dds have it bad but I've always said this cv rework has let bbs off big time and instead of the massive damage dds and cruiser take the bbs take paltry 2500k per torp hit even at tier 10 (average when it hits the torp belt) 

Wg have just given the bbs a easier time so more people play em and more people buy bb premiums for cash so wg say all is good and working as intended 

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,147 posts
18,879 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Well actually...

Spoiler

Horizontal dispersion:

70BXAfj.png6iAFC21.png

Vertical dispersion:

xxY6e8t.png

oKF3IuJ.png

Dispersion is almost the same, being SLIGHTLY bigger on Shokaku. Considering you sling over twice the ordinance this is a significant upgrade in firepower.

Personally I get 5-7k salvos on DDs rather often. And from time to time RNGesus declares ":etc_swear: this DD in particular" and gives me 9-10k, which happens especially often on fat DDs that happen to "specialize" in AA.

Is ofc all perfectly balans camrade.

Beta Tester
4,609 posts
19,135 battles
3 hours ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Inch_Forward_Firing_Aircraft_Rocket - what Langley, Ranger, Enterprise and stock Lexington get.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Velocity_Aircraft_Rocket - what Lexington and Midway get as alternative to Tiny Tims

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3 - what all British CVs get (which is why by T10 they are so mediocre, as damage goes up, but pen stays the same)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werfer-Granate_21 - what Graf Zeppelin gets

Japanese fitted some rockets on aircraft like the A6M, but don't ask me what the Type 3 and 5 rockets are that are used ingame.

Anyway, no, these are genuine rockets, more real than most RU BBs.

Except that it looks as if they are way more powerful in game than in reality?!? And even what's wrirren in a book by Erich von Däniken is more real than most RU BBs... ^^

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
Just now, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Except that it looks as if they are way more powerful in game than in reality?!? And even what's wrirren in a book by Erich von Däniken is more real than most RU BBs... ^^

Effectiveness of a lot of weaponry in this game is vastly different from effectiveness IRL. In the end though, the rockets often do damage appropriate to their explosives compared to stuff like DD shells and the main issue always is not how much damage rockets do, but how little counterplay exists to planes (in general. Bombs can be so much more brutal than rockets).

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,147 posts
18,879 battles
18 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Except that it looks as if they are way more powerful in game than in reality?!?

Damage stats actually seem appropriate in comparison to their real life effectiveness.

From what I've read the primary issue irl was accuracy, which ofc is mitigated ingame like with pretty much all weapons.

[L4GG]
Players
2,673 posts
9,843 battles
11 hours ago, Egoleter said:

What kind of donuts do they serve in your area?

Those I can get here float just fine.

AHAHAHAHAH

give me one and I'll show you how fast I can sink a donut.

Now you see me, now you don't, fast .

• Funny 1

[SDI]
Players
29 posts
3,357 battles
On 9/11/2019 at 23:52, beercrazy said:

Demasiado cierto 10k en un crucero es fácil en el nivel 10 y para algunos cvs de nivel 8

Los dds lo tienen mal, pero siempre he dicho que esta revisión de cv ha permitido que bbs salga a lo grande y, en lugar del daño masivo, dds y el crucero toman los bbs toman 2500k miserables por golpe de torpe incluso en el nivel 10 (promedio cuando golpea el cinturón de torpe) 

Wg acaba de dar a los bbs un momento más fácil para que más personas jueguen y más personas compren las primas bb por dinero en efectivo, por lo que dicen que todo está bien y funciona según lo previsto 

I think the same as you, it's a shame that they modify the game just to make money and not for the thousands of players, it's a lack of respect

• Cool 1