Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mowtow

Italian smoke issue

4 comments in this topic

[TL-BG]
Players
25 posts
10,156 battles

Since the Italians came out , I'm constantly geeting a detection issue with their smoke.

The issue is that you are still spoted even when you are in smoke without firing or anybody in range to spot you. 

I've been getting this issue in 2 ways.

1. Detected (approaching enemies 8-9 km) i have to bail out , pop smoke (i'm not shooting) in order to turn but I'm still detected... Fully covered , no radar , no hydro , nobody in proximity range  - still detected for about 5-8 sec.

2. Fire salvo , then few sec later pop smoke and still detected. Feels like you are getting an active penalty for smoke fire even if you havent fired after the smoke was activated. 

Anybody else seen those? 

[CATS]
Players
24,636 posts
13,653 battles
3 minutes ago, mowtow said:

Since the Italians came out , I'm constantly geeting a detection issue with their smoke.

The issue is that you are still spoted even when you are in smoke without firing or anybody in range to spot you. 

I've been getting this issue in 2 ways.

1. Detected (approaching enemies 8-9 km) i have to bail out , pop smoke (i'm not shooting) in order to turn but I'm still detected... Fully covered , no radar , no hydro , nobody in proximity range  - still detected for about 5-8 sec.

2. Fire salvo , then few sec later pop smoke and still detected. Feels like you are getting an active penalty for smoke fire even if you havent fired after the smoke was activated. 

Anybody else seen those? 

You count as having fired your guns for 20s after firing.

If you smoke up during that time, your visibility in smoke after firing applies. At that range, that gets you spotted.

[BS4]
Players
1,175 posts
6,662 battles
12 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You count as having fired your guns for 20s after firing.

If you smoke up during that time, your visibility in smoke after firing applies. At that range, that gets you spotted.

Sp what's the detection distance in smoke after firing?. I didn't think that this was possible to be detected whilst smoke was active. unless hard spotted of course.. cant find specific details on ita smoke as wiki not updated yet.

Sign in to follow this