You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yankmyplank

stuck on battle load screen

7 comments in this topic

Question

[OCTO]
Players
103 posts
17,249 battles

Why after the length of time this game has been out, do we still get stuck on battle loading screen. This should have been fixed period years ago! Have to close client and restart but game is still running in background so have to cntrl+alt+del then shut process and wg error reporting process, then try and load game again. Time all this takes means either dead or received multiple reports and puniished further by being pink. This is your [edited] up not ours!

6 answers to this question

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,168 posts
8,101 battles

Hello,

Moaning about it here while not giving us details is not going to help you. Contact support here and send them a WGCheck report and they'll help you where we cannot. 

In the meantime I can suggest running a game integrity check by clicking on "Game Settings" in the WGCenter client and then clicking on "Check and repair". I suggest you also check your driver versions and updates.

Kind regards,

Minia

[KITEN]
Players
4 posts

I had same problems, some days ago. It takes 14 minutes = close game page, reload gamecenter to get in battle, that time i was report AFK and get pink = early leaving battle when not get in. Regularly my game to battle load late 98 % times battles, usually 1 min, sometimes 4 min. Also install this game never work 1. try, need to reinstall many times and then use WGCHECK, then it work. World of tanks and world of warplanes always work 1. instal. Finally fix all errors and stop make much nonsense.

[GLOBS]
Beta Tester
61 posts
477 battles

Hi. I've only just started playing WoWs again recently and have had similar crashes (disconnects) on load screens, and only on load screens (entering or exiting battles). If I get into the battle the game runs fine until I leave. This was happening on both the NA and EU servers.

After some experimenting (that resulted in my 5 battle pink status, even though I was only doing co-op while trying to figure out the issue) I've narrowed it down to Webroot that's causing the issue. If I run with webroot protection off I don't get any DC's....as soon as I turn it on I start DC'ing every battle.

I've submitted a ticket to Webroot support, but still awaiting a reply. So if you're running Webroot yourself try turning protection off and logging in to WoWs (not an ideal solution, but it's worked for me). Strangely enough Webroot works just fine with WoT....but it doesn't seem to play well with WoWs....if anyone knows why I'm all ears.

Edit to add: Before trying webroot I did all the usual..integrity check, drivers etc. However there is a forum post about a similar issue on the NA forum, and several users have reported issues with Webroot causing the game to "hang" on load screens. Sometimes you can re-log and get in, sometimes you can't.

Edited by Pte_Parts
spelling & more info.

Players
2,683 posts
20 minutes ago, Pte_Parts said:

Hi. I've only just started playing WoWs again recently and have had similar crashes (disconnects) on load screens, and only on load screens (entering or exiting battles). If I get into the battle the game runs fine until I leave. This was happening on both the NA and EU servers.

After some experimenting (that resulted in my 5 battle pink status, even though I was only doing co-op while trying to figure out the issue) I've narrowed it down to Webroot that's causing the issue. If I run with webroot protection off I don't get any DC's....as soon as I turn it on I start DC'ing every battle.

I've submitted a ticket to Webroot support, but still awaiting a reply. So if you're running Webroot yourself try turning protection off and logging in to WoWs (not an ideal solution, but it's worked for me). Strangely enough Webroot works just fine with WoT....but it doesn't seem to play well with WoWs....if anyone knows why I'm all ears.

Edit to add: Before trying webroot I did all the usual..integrity check, drivers etc. However there is a forum post about a similar issue on the NA forum, and several users have reported issues with Webroot causing the game to "hang" on load screens. Sometimes you can re-log and get in, sometimes you can't.

There have been widespread disconnects the last 3-4 hrs to most of my games. I asked in chat in 10 straight games about them and players from both teams agreed the problem is very real and terribly catastrophic as it messes up with a weekly mission we can't do on time or in the time we have since some of us have a social life and our time is limited.

Modder
4,701 posts
21,668 battles

Stucking on battle load it's happening from time to time. Suddenly comes, then go away. Server problem, connection ? The same i have recently with not responding ship control. Everything was fine, but game stopped responding to keyboard. Get this in 2 on a few tens of games. Went into minimap to make a course for CV and after returning to a normal view, control was gone. It looked like CTRL key was pressed.