Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
lovemasin

Gentleman agreement in clan wars

14 comments in this topic

[NBS]
Players
55 posts
4,287 battles

My proposal for solving the Smolensk problem is to all clan agree to not to play it in clan wars. Maybe in this way we as player can attract attention too the ship and maybe WG can have a look at the ship. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 4

[CATS]
Players
24,799 posts
13,697 battles
1 hour ago, lovemasin said:

My proposal for solving the Smolensk problem is to all clan agree to not to play it in clan wars. Maybe in this way we as player can attract attention too the ship and maybe WG can have a look at the ship. 

• this will not work as some clans will not read this or will not care
  • the more clans agree to this, the more WG will get the impression that clans do not consider her to be competitive, especially when top clans do not use her while lower ranked clans use her, not sure if that is what you want
  • Cool 3

[NBS]
Players
55 posts
4,287 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:
  • this will not work as some clans will not read this or will not care
  • the more clans agree to this, the more WG will get the impression that clans do not consider her to be competitive, especially when top clans do not use her while lower ranked clans use her, not sure if that is what you want

All i want is that WG taks a look at the Smolensk and maybe say jp we have a problem lets fix it together.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,575 posts
25,408 battles

Maybe better idea would be to ask all clans to use only Smolensk in the hope that WG could nerf it just as they did with Yueyang. even better just remove it from the game.  

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
24,799 posts
13,697 battles
1 minute ago, lovemasin said:

All i want is that WG taks a look at the Smolensk and maybe say jp we have a problem lets fix it together.

1 minute ago, fumtu said:

Maybe better idea would be to ask all clans to use only Smolensk in the hope that WG could nerf it just as they did with Yueyang. even better just remove it from the game.  

This.

The more clans use her and the more successfull they are compared to non Smolenks using clans, the more WG is under pressure to change someting.

Funny thing: from what I have seen Smolensk is not used heavily.

Players
6,111 posts

We dont even field a Smolensk (well, sometimes we have one, depends who is playing) because its not strong enough overall? its stationary, vulnerable and in a T10 only environment ((higher fire resistance of T10 ships compared to T8/T9 in randoms) against experianced players with decent captains its strongest point - burning down stuff - is limited. The best thing it does is quickly killing DDs but for that you can field other ships, which overall bring more options to the table.

[ADRIA]
Players
265 posts
11,889 battles
1 hour ago, lovemasin said:

This seasons meta is klebers mate. Smolenks arent that great of a pick for now. 

• Cool 3

[JPF]
Players
43 posts
3,795 battles

I love to complement the enemy clan when they don't bring 2 Smolensks and 2 Kremlins.  A stray Moskva is fine, but the meta gaming gets so strong and "un-fun" with that combo.  I think it's rare not to see them.  

Just a Smolensk fan?  How quaint, you must also be a huge fan of the New England Patriots, New York Yankees, Manchester United, the Montreal Canadiens, Lewis Hamilton and the CCCP Hockey teams.  

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

We dont even field a Smolensk (well, sometimes we have one, depends who is playing) because its not strong enough overall? its stationary, vulnerable and in a T10 only environment ((higher fire resistance of T10 ships compared to T8/T9 in randoms) against experianced players with decent captains its strongest point - burning down stuff - is limited. The best thing it does is quickly killing DDs but for that you can field other ships, which overall bring more options to the table.

we went with 6 smolensks for the last couple the other night....hilarious....lost one won one. 

[HOO]
Players
1,863 posts
3,570 battles
2 hours ago, fumtu said:

No not remove it, it would stiil be there as it is now, and would keep coming back like a bad smell, every T10 event after another.

Better leave it in and balance it properly.

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,132 posts
6,959 battles

Like they removed the Kutusov because it was OP and now they introduce Smolensk, how were they thinking ?

Best suggestion I heard was to increase its armour so when hit heavy AP would arm, either that or remove it altogether and refund the coal.

Sign in to follow this