You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

Will Benham be available to the playerbase?

129 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,838 posts
11,256 battles

@Crysantos @MrConway I was quite annoyed that you made this ship available the way you did during the summer when a lot of players with familys have little to no time to sit glued to their PC grinding events. I have played this game since CBT and finished all collections ever made for WoW, ive grinded all campains and the old pearl mission for the Kamikaze R. Im a DD main at heart and I would really appreciate if the Benham was made available for the rest of the playerbase in either the armoury for coal or steel or just in the Premium shop for cash.

Could you please shine some light over the possibilities for this?

I know the Kamikaze R which was a event reward as well a little time later was sold but as a carbon copy twin ships to the Kamikaze.

Im guessing it would be a pretty great coal/steel/money grab for you as well.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,575 posts
25,460 battles
4 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

I know the Kamikaze R which was a event reward as well a little time later was sold but as a carbon copy twin ships to the Kamikaze.

On EU Server Kamikaze was sold in both variants, Kamikaze R (16 Euros) and Kamikaze (10 Euros). I know because I had bought my Kamikaze R in store.

• Cool 2

Players
541 posts

So you suggest, WG should make some quick money selling an overpowered ship and then it can join the same fate as Kamikaze? Not sure if selling broken ships is, what this game needs...

• Cool 1

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
3 minutes ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

So you suggest, WG should make some quick money selling an overpowered ship and then it can join the same fate as Kamikaze? Not sure if selling broken ships is, what this game needs...

What game need and what company bank account need do not match:cap_book:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Players
2,258 posts
18,092 battles
1 hour ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

@Crysantos @MrConway I was quite annoyed that you made this ship available the way you did during the summer when a lot of players with familys have little to no time to sit glued to their PC grinding events. I have played this game since CBT and finished all collections ever made for WoW, ive grinded all campains and the old pearl mission for the Kamikaze R. Im a DD main at heart and I would really appreciate if the Benham was made available for the rest of the playerbase in either the armoury for coal or steel or just in the Premium shop for cash.

Could you please shine some light over the possibilities for this?

Im guessing it would be a pretty great coal/steel/money grab for you as well.

I find myself annoyed by this regularly as well. That event abruptly destroyed my interest in any WG event after that obnoxious game mode and grind - i simply refused to participate in that BS. I have Gold, FXP and credits up the butt, coal and research points up the nose, and nothing of interest to spend it on. Put that obnoxious DD up for sale, what the...

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,751 posts
11,035 battles
1 hour ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

On the other hand if one side has a Stalingrad, Smolensk and Benham and the enemy has a Kremlin, Colbert and Harugumo, they cancel each other.

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
12 minutes ago, kfa said:

On the other hand if one side has a Stalingrad, Smolensk and Benham and the enemy has a Kremlin, Colbert and Harugumo Kitakaze, they cancel each other.

fixed:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,329 battles

I really hope so, i'm ready to throw the 60€ this ship could cost at WG...or any amount of Coal.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
3,081 posts
3,501 battles

Being a family man, I tend to miss out on most of those special Christmas events that require any sort of dedicated grind over the holidays. I don't begrudge rewarding those of the player base with the time and dedication on hand to pull through with these sort of events, but it can feel a bit frustrating to miss out sometimes. There was this Dreadnought bundle last Christmas, that could be acquired either by cash or by the time it took to play through a rather large number of daily missions. I had not the time to spare, so I was quite happy to be able to spend the cash instead (although I would have preferred not having to get the Vanguard as part of the deal).

Anyway, having the option to choose between a mission grind or a cash payment seems fair to all, as I see it. And I'm perfectly okay with having the mission bundle appear before the cash bundle, since this goes over nicely as a gesture towards the dedicated playerbase. But the more casual players - i.e., those with a social life day job and a family - should be able to pick up on the good stuff as well. So I'd welcome having the Benham appear in the shop at some convenient date!

As for this question...

... I'll have to answer that no indeed, Captain @_DemonGuard_ - the selling of broken ships is most definitely not what this game needs! Broken ships should not be introduced into the game at all, whether they be made available for cash, coal, steel or mission grind. I have no opinion on whether the Benham is overpowered, though. She seems to be a bit of a one-trick pony, being able to dish out an unparalleled amount of torpedoes, but also liable to be quite easily countered by such things as radar ships, rocket planes or other destroyers. But maybe I'm missing something, here...?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
186 posts
9,815 battles

Just make Benham available for steel and case closed. Don't push it through research center.

• Cool 1

[SKRUB]
Players
457 posts
19,712 battles

I don't understand WOWs community, in one hand it's "Remove Smolensk, she is toxic for the game !" and the other hand ... "Can you make my waifu* ship avaible again, please ?"

*Antoher way to said toxic

• Cool 2

Players
2,807 posts
15,752 battles

Since WoWs is formally still pay to win free to play, every addition should eventually be made available to all players. 

WG is only now introducing Kutznetsov and Benham was added 1-2 patches later, my guess is you will have to wait a few more patches for it.

As a benham owner I'm rather underwhelmed by this ship. Especially with Kitataze in port.

Its no good for ranked (guns are terrible) and with torpedo primary weapons follows a reliance on enemy mistakes.

What with camping and CVs reigning supreme in randoms you need multiple ship classes to mess up before Benham is any use.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,838 posts
11,256 battles

1 hour ago, Panocek said:

What game need and what company bank account need do not match:cap_book:

Quick money or making playerbase empty their huge stash of coal/steel should be in WGs interest, Having Benhams in the game is pretty much the same as Stalingrad, Smolensk, Kremlins, Henri IV, Slavas, Harugumos, Colberts, etc etc etc Not really a game-breaking thing these days.

What do the game need? Subs? A new CV rework?

57 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

XMas boxes? :Smile_hiding:

Would be my bet.

Do anyone really still buy those?

I rather take my chances on the Powerball lottery, seems a more safe bet.

6 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I really hope so, i'm ready to throw the 60€ this ship could cost at WG...or any amount of Coal.

This! So much this!

5 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Being a family man, I tend to miss out on most of those special Christmas events that require any sort of dedicated grind over the holidays. I don't begrudge rewarding those of the player base with the time and dedication on hand to pull through with these sort of events, but it can feel a bit frustrating to miss out sometimes. There was this Dreadnought bundle last Christmas, that could be acquired either by cash or by the time it took to play through a rather large number of daily missions. I had not the time to spare, so I was quite happy to be able to spend the cash instead (although I would have preferred not having to get the Vanguard as part of the deal).

Anyway, having the option to choose between a mission grind or a cash payment seems fair to all, as I see it. And I'm perfectly okay with having the mission bundle appear before the cash bundle, since this goes over nicely as a gesture towards the dedicated playerbase. But the more casual players - i.e., those with a social life day job and a family - should be able to pick up on the good stuff as well. So I'd welcome having the Benham appear in the shop at some convenient date!

As for this question...

... I'll have to answer that no indeed, Captain @_DemonGuard_ - the selling of broken ships is most definitely not what this game needs! Broken ships should not be introduced into the game at all, whether they be made available for cash, coal, steel or mission grind. I have no opinion on whether the Benham is overpowered, though. She seems to be a bit of a one-trick pony, being able to dish out an unparalleled amount of torpedoes, but also liable to be quite easily countered by such things as radar ships, rocket planes or other destroyers. But maybe I'm missing something, here...?

I totally agree! I dont mind that those who actually grinded the event the whole summer got theirs for free, they earned them! I just want a chance to spend my hard earned cash on it, and that should be in a gaming companys interest.

Regarding being OP I think unicum players will do great most times in her while tha average Joe will fail quite hard. It is a one trick pony, pretty bad guns a a worse HP. In the right situations (like in Flamus video) you can have great success, but in games with carriers, competent DD/cruiser players you will struggle to have a impact. Its not like shes a Smolensk or Colbert.

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,329 battles
2 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

I don't understand WOWs community, in one hand it's "Remove Smolensk, she is toxic for the game !" and the other hand ... "Can you make my waifu* ship avaible again, please ?"

*Antoher way to said toxic

The difference is, that the Smolensk shines in every situation, it's very strong against CVs, unlike a DM or Wooster, it's lethal to DDs, burns down BBs and out DPMs Cruisers. 

Regardless of class, you can do everything right and the Smolensk fraks you over anyway (unless your team collectively pushes him).

The Benham is situationally strong and relys heavily on the mistakes of other players or on lucky hits.

It gets screwed by any other class if it gets spotted and loses even to lower tier DDs in a one on one gunfight. 

Not to mention that it's food for CVs.

1 minute ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Since WoWs is formally still pay to win free to play, every addition should eventually be made available to all players. 

WG is only now introducing Kutznetsov and Benham was added 1-2 patches later, my guess is you will have to wait a few more patches for it.

As a benham owner I'm rather underwhelmed by this ship. Especially with Kitataze in port.

Its no good for ranked (guns are terrible) and with torpedo primary weapons follows notoriusly reliance on enemy mistakes.

What with CVs reigning supreme in randoms you need multiple ship classes to mess up before Benham is any use.

Well, i hope so, there's no reason for WG to keep the Benham shelved.

• Cool 1

[SKRUB]
Players
457 posts
19,712 battles
10 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

The difference is, that the Smolensk shines in every situation, it's very strong against CVs, unlike a DM or Wooster, it's lethal to DDs, burns down BBs and out DPMs Cruisers.

The Benham is situationally strong and relys heavily on the mistakes of other players or on lucky hits.

It gets screwed by any other class if it gets spotted and loses even to lower tier DDs in a one on one gunfight. 

Not to mention that it's food for CVs.

CV will crap on everything, "good AA or not", and it's kinda the worst balance factor in this game. 

Musashi is T9 Yamato, but it's okay because she have a weak AA... 

My problem is "did we really need more kamikaze R at high tier ?"

Because maybe this ship punish player mistake, but what will this foe do if his dds are dead and have no radar ?

Push it ? Because that choice will became a mistake with Benham insane reload torp time.

• Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
4,902 posts
11,961 battles
14 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Do anyone really still buy those?

I did (and might do again this year), but only because I have far too many premiums, so making it more or less a certainty that I got the 'rare' ones.

For more sensible folk who have fewer premiums, the chances of getting a Belfast (say) are far to remote to be sensible...

Players
541 posts

The only way to bring Benham back is to hit it with the nerf bat and hit it hard. I also don't get it why some people coming up with bad guns. It's HE-DPM is on par with ships like Z-46 or Tashkent and these don't have that insane Torpedo-DPM.

The Problem with nerfing it: Will it become a second GC disaster?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
8,766 posts
1 minute ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

I also don't get it why some people coming up with bad guns. It's HE-DPM is on par with ships like Z-46 or Tashkent and these don't have that insane Torpedo-DPM.

image.png.2de6d17bcf94e266d0c0680d368a33b6.png

image.png.efd79ba1d1223e34141b0082446463f7.png

image.png.2900c730d1a0b68c4571e5c20f63f1ba.png

doesnt matter if it has the same DPM, if the others have vastly more HP than Benham. ALso Z-46 Hydro + Smoke, so it looks pretty bad for the Benham. Tashkent ofc struggles with the concealment in return. But taking a gunfight with Benham is not something you can do every time and expect to get away with it.

Players
541 posts
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

ALso Z-46 Hydro + Smoke, so it looks pretty bad for the Benham.

And how is it worse for the Benham to push into the 5 km Hydro range of a Z-46 with smoke ready or already smoked up compared to other DDs? Also, Z-46 has terrible smoke and the Benham can saturate it with so many torps that he has to leave it even with Hydro active.

Players
3,084 posts
13,783 battles

This game does NOT need Benhams or Assashio, Smolenks. Enterprise or Guilo Ceasrs. That's the last thing it needs. Frankly they need to start LISTENING to their CC's and stop implementing suck broken (not OP, big difference) ships into an already broken meta. 

I'm for never reintroducing Benham back into the game. Sorry for those that missed it, but it's not healthy for the state of the game. 

• Cool 4

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles

WG are desperate for revenue, so expect everything back at some point for quick bucks... and balanz is out the window whilst they have everybody focused on making money to stay afloat.

Players
2,738 posts
17,194 battles

Fletcher's more broken than Benham, it'll be available like a normal premium eventually.

How long is the usual 'exclusive' event period? 6-8 months?

• Cool 1

Players
2,258 posts
18,092 battles
15 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

This game does NOT need Benhams or Assashio, Smolenks. Enterprise or Guilo Ceasrs. That's the last thing it needs. Frankly they need to start LISTENING to their CC's and stop implementing suck broken (not OP, big difference) ships into an already broken meta. 

I'm for never reintroducing Benham back into the game. Sorry for those that missed it, but it's not healthy for the state of the game. 

The only one missing in my collection of that beautiful list of ships is the Benham. I want it NAO! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1