You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DanSilverwing

High School Fleet back in the Shop

140 comments in this topic

Players
857 posts
11,959 battles

No News article about this yet, so a little PSA for anyone interested. Six hours later the News has caught up to the sales. Here is the new website page with the special combat mission opt-in. https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/hsf-is-back/

Items for the High School Fleet (Haifuri) anime series have been re-released to the Premium Shop until 29 November 2019 (as stated, but may be withdrawn before Black Friday sales start).

Purchasing any of these gives access to a special mission to initiate the HSF Collection, which can thereafter be collected through normal containers. You can gain additional HSF Containers from Personal Assignment missions for Musashi (x10), HSF Harekaze (x10), HSF Graf Spee (x10), and Yamato (x10). The Collection ultimately gives you the HSF K117 permanent camouflage for Yamato.

Original news articles here and here. Harekaze details here and updated (08/11/19) LWM review here (original here).

image.thumb.png.f261e4dfd955da8b7e6c2d62bb1807f8.png

Special cat camouflage.

After the last collaboration ended and the issues with the production studio I never thought we'd get this again and I completely missed out. I was so excited to see this I felt like a kid at Christmas! :cap_money:Jeez...

Thanks Wargaming for sorting out another licensing deal :Smile_honoring:

Hat-tip u/hl8 for posting the news on Reddit.

• Cool 17

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,405 posts

and for understanding the missions for crates should become available also for 'former' owners of those ships, for example

Purchasing this bundle automatically grants you access to combat missions and challenges for Tier V–X ships that when completed will reward you with High School Fleet containers. These combat missions and challenges will also be available to complete after clicking on a special button on the official World of Warships website.

Challenge:
The first 10 victories gained with Tier VIII HSF Harekaze will bring you one High School Fleet container per each victory. You can complete this challenge until December 31, 2019.

• Cool 1

Players
81 posts
5,823 battles

Good news for who doesn't have items or ships. Already have Harekaze and sweet camo for Musashi, which is nice.

But WG you bring back HSF, you are already sold or still selling coal, free xp or mission chain ships on store so where is Benham ?

[KOKOS]
Players
432 posts
5,830 battles

Expensive, but probably the best premium IJN DD in the game, so I will bite. Thanks WG, I mean it.

Oh, and thanks tax refund for making it possible. :fish_cute_2:

EDIT: Go KOKOS! ;)

• Cool 2

Players
886 posts
16,485 battles

I've always wanted a Harekaze, but 80 BGN (so ~40 EUR)? Sorry, I'll pass. The days of me throwing money at WG in such a manner are long gone 

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,329 battles

Harekaze is a good ship, but she sucks as a captain trainer, as you need a dedicated captain for her with at least 14 points to get the most out of her. 

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Harekaze is a good ship, but she sucks as a captain trainer, as you need a dedicated captain for her with at least 14 points to get the most out of her. 

Or tack Aki/Kita/Haru captain on her, if you're using 100mm

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,329 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Or tack Aki/Kita/Haru captain on her, if you're using 100mm

Yeah, but you need aft on her, that’s something you don’t necessarily need on the others.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,185 posts
18,932 battles

I'd buy Harekaze if I were still interested in spending money on WoWs EU.

Or playing DDs after glorious rework.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Or playing DDs after glorious rework.

Dunno, britbong derpstroyers, preferably tier 9+ ones with 7 smokes, three heals, 12 minutes of hydro as well top kek gun dpm are still playable:Smile_smile:

Players
1,433 posts
17,640 battles

Ah damn it, really tempted to get the Harikaze have been kicking myself for not getting her the first time, but now post CV rework and upcoming subs I'm not inclined to give WG any more of my money at least for the foreseeable future. 

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,261 posts
4,988 battles

Nice to see the best IJN dd trainer back, for those that missed her the first time. (already have her myself)

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,185 posts
18,932 battles
11 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Dunno, britbong derpstroyers, preferably tier 9+ ones with 7 smokes, three heals, 12 minutes of hydro as well top kek gun dpm are still playable:Smile_smile:

Until you realize your smoke is so short in duration it fits perfectly within one strike cycle, aka it fades just as the 2nd squad arrives to check up on you.

It's almost as if it is intentional. :cap_hmm:

• Funny 3

Players
223 posts
4,814 battles

well, i have been contemplating the Asashio for some time and now there is a better alternative (IMO), as Asashio is (almost) useless against DDs and cruisers i bought it (Harekaze). just out of curiosity, which hull do you guys (those of you that have the Harekaze) use? the second hull seems like the best option to me, as it's almost Akizuki with 2 torpedo launchers, but there is the third option as well that looks kind of OK-ish. so... which one?

oh, and smoke or torpedo reload booster?

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Until you realize your smoke is so short in duration it fits perfectly within one strike cycle, aka it fades just as the 2nd squad arrives to check up on you.

It's almost as if it is intentional. :cap_hmm:

99% of CV players don't have patience to stick around when they are in rockets, or when they are in DB/TB, by time they waste their planes strapped to payload and bring rockets another smoke is usually up.

Gearing also have 30s (base) downtime on smokes, but that requires one sitting withing smoke for over two minutes. In fat DD without BS shiphanding nor hydro:cap_old:

Also 14 smoke memes when in div with another brit DD. Just ask @Yoshanai and middle Two Brother shenanigans:Smile_trollface:

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
1 hour ago, MrOverboard said:

where is Benham

Benham remains exclusive to that steampunk-grind/"event". No announcements have been made if it will become available in the future via other means.

[501L]
Players
378 posts
4,326 battles
9 minutes ago, iTchyfoot said:

well, i have been contemplating the Asashio for some time and now there is a better alternative (IMO), as Asashio is (almost) useless against DDs and cruisers i bought it (Harekaze). just out of curiosity, which hull do you guys (those of you that have the Harekaze) use? the second hull seems like the best option to me, as it's almost Akizuki with 2 torpedo launchers, but there is the third option as well that looks kind of OK-ish. so... which one?

oh, and smoke or torpedo reload booster?

Don't have it but from all the reading I've done basically the hull that uses the 100mm guns, with IFHE they can pen 32mm of armour plus having 1 more set of torp launchers than the Aki, I'd personally go with smoke since the TRB isn't like the Aki/Kita/Haru TRB in that it only knocks it down to 30 seconds and not 5 seconds like they do IIRC.

Players
223 posts
4,814 battles
1 minute ago, DrMechano said:

...since the TRB isn't like the Aki/Kita/Haru TRB in that it only knocks it down to 30 seconds and not 5 seconds like they do IIRC.

just checked it, it's 8 seconds. so that makes it (kind of) desirable?

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,019 posts
10,253 battles

Never managed to get Harikaze to work for me.  Yukikaze on the other hand I have very much enjoyed.  I think that is also base on the Chinese cartoons.

[501L]
Players
378 posts
4,326 battles
4 minutes ago, iTchyfoot said:

just checked it, it's 8 seconds. so that makes it (kind of) desirable?

Ah was reading an old guide my LittleWhiteMouse, makes sense it got changed, not sure on the choice then.

Players
6,427 posts
245 battles

Im not buying a DD thanks to the this companies history and the cv reeeeeeeeeeework.

Tried playing with a jaguar but doing gun boating while getting dumped on is just frustrating.

But hey i guess those who want it can get it, i hope you can get the other ships without having to pay via somekind of grind.

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
283 posts
6,848 battles

Played normal Graf Spee in randoms the other night. 

Got Tier VIII

The powercreep is real. 

Goes back to being a port queen