Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aetius85

Remove Random bundles

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BATES]
Players
576 posts
9,220 battles

I really don't like our efforts to do directives/collect filth should become something frustrating as we are bound to a "chance" to pick what we really want, in the meantime we are spammed of useless things (by example to the 3 Uruboro/3 Scilla etc we are receiving in the Infernal camo stuff). In my opinion it was better to put, like in the past, some prizes with a fixed "price", so you know before how much resources do you need to pick what you want, or maybe you can prefer to pick signals/premium time/containers etc. Obviously I opened 11 of infernal "random" bundles and I am collecting first all the useless flags (none of coal/cap xp which is something useful)

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
1 minute ago, Aetius85 said:

I really don't like our efforts to do directives/collect filth should become something frustrating as we are bound to a "chance" to pick what we really want, in the meantime we are spammed of useless things (by example to the 3 Uruboro/3 Scilla etc we are receiving in the Infernal camo stuff). In my opinion it was better to put, like in the past, some prizes with a fixed "price", so you know before how much resources do you need to pick what you want, or maybe you can prefer to pick signals/premium time/containers etc. Obviously I opened 11 of infernal "random" bundles and I am collecting first all the useless flags (none of coal/cap xp which is something useful)

 

'I' ? 'we' ?  Are you speaking for yourself or are you elected to speak for all?

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles

Agreed, there's more RNG in WG products than in all of Vegas.. Those permacamos should have had a fixed price in filth. One of the problems with this system is, for example - all my clan mates got the t10 camo much earlier than I did (because they got it in bundles 1-14, depending on who). My t10 camo bundle was on 24/24. Yes, my rng was that bad. Now, the problem here isn't that my clan mates got it a bit sooner than I did. Doesn't really matter. The problem is, it got tougher to find clan mates still willing to grind the event after they got their stuff, and even if they go play it as a favor to you, they'll get tired of it in 2-3 games - and I can't blame them. 

 

So, now you go from 2200-2700 filth, 3-man-div-kills-Rasputin-and-anyone-who-fires-at-you games, to "both my random team mates died to the first Varg and Fossil that spawn right after the Ghoul does twice in a row" games. And even if I somehow get teammates that survive the first few minutes, it's almost a given that if they have even a little capacity left (say they're at 670/700), and it's 6 min to the end and they are near the portal which is active, they won't go through. Oh, no. They'll go try to solo Rasputin that is already being farmed by another team that has already demonstrated it's hostile. Even if they somehow survived that team, they'll die to the shielded Khabas that start spawning 5 min before match end. If only someone was there to warn them and tell them exactly what would happen if they don't extract.. oh wait.. literally none of them appear to be able to read and comprehend a polite explanation I put in chat on why what they are doing is suicide and they should extract now. I'm not making this stuff up, random teammates I got in this event are beyond terrible. It's basically your bad randoms game team mate made infinitely worse by the fact that if he still doesn't understand the basics of angling or ammo selection after 4 years, he sure doesn't understand the intricate mechanics of this event, making him almost entirely useless.

 

So, please don't have RNG decide how long I'll need to grind something - whoever is less lucky and finishes last will have to go through the pain of random teammates, which is a fate I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,310 posts

But, but, but... Spreadsheet shows players expect thrill of not knowing what they are going to get!

 

Also Random bundles are appealing mostly to Random Battle players. That's why we Co-OP players, don't get it... :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,037 posts
24 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Agreed, there's more RNG in WG products than in all of Vegas.

World of Casino games.

 

It starts to be a proper title for WoWs, as it is always a gamble what reward you might get and the main prize becomes more and more unreachable.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
35 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

'I' ? 'we' ?  Are you speaking for yourself or are you elected to speak for all?

 

"I really don't like our efforts..."

 

He personally doesn't like what we as a community have to do in this event. What confuses you?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Players
576 posts
9,220 battles
12 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

"I really don't like our efforts..."

 

He personally doesn't like what we as a community have to do in this event. What confuses you?

I am speaking for myself, about something we are all involved. I didn't write I was elected as community speaker :)

 

ORDEEEEEER

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COR3]
Players
1,314 posts
12,738 battles
2 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

'I' ? 'we' ?  Are you speaking for yourself or are you elected to speak for all?

 

he personally doesn't like that a we the players have to pick random, if this does not apply to you, you of course can chose to disagree. 

Personally i am finding myself in agreement that i dislike this procession of Random Bingocards where i have to keep on the grind and hope for random chance thing so i do not have to play something i do not enjoy much to be honest.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
187 posts
4,810 battles

I enjoy the bundle stuff. What you are asking for doesn't even make sense. The camo etc do have a fixed price which is the maximum amount of bundles. You just pay less if you are lucky. The stuff you get for free is just for free.

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
16 minutes ago, Pappus said:

I enjoy the bundle stuff. What you are asking for doesn't even make sense. The camo etc do have a fixed price which is the maximum amount of bundles. You just pay less if you are lucky. The stuff you get for free is just for free.

 

Not all bundles are equal - some rewards are better than others, and let's be real, most just want that one reward - the permacamo. Now, in this game, RNG already dictates which map you'll play on, which ships you'll play against, which random teammates you will get (will they have a functional brain cell or two, or just a bunch of 44%-ers), how good your salvos will be, will your torp drops have that convenient target - sized holes in them or not, will you get citadels or overpens / full pens for 0 damage, will you get fires, are your modules going to get constantly broken, what daily rewards will you get from the containers, will one of them be a SC, will that SC be the usual garbage or actually contain something useful, etc etc.

 

We do not need the amount of grind for a specific reward in a temporary event dictated by RNG as well. Especially when, as I mentioned, it means your friends / clan mates which are competent can get it sooner just due to RNG, and then you're stuck with the speshuls the MM assigns you, again, by RNG.

 

So, I don't see how us asking for a specific reward having a fixed price doesn't make sense to you? How is someone getting the same reward in 2-3 battles, and someone else in like 100, fair or fun? Maybe you enjoy gambling. Some of us see it as annoying and potentially helpful in developing bad habits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
187 posts
4,810 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

 

Not all bundles are equal - some rewards are better than others, and let's be real, most just want that one reward - the permacamo. Now, in this game, RNG already dictates which map you'll play on, which ships you'll play against, which random teammates you will get (will they have a functional brain cell or two, or just a bunch of 44%-ers), how good your salvos will be, will your torp drops have that convenient target - sized holes in them or not, will you get citadels or overpens / full pens for 0 damage, will you get fires, are your modules going to get constantly broken, what daily rewards will you get from the containers, will one of them be a SC, will that SC be the usual garbage or actually contain something useful, etc etc.

 

We do not need the amount of grind for a specific reward in a temporary event dictated by RNG as well. Especially when, as I mentioned, it means your friends / clan mates which are competent can get it sooner just due to RNG, and then you're stuck with the speshuls the MM assigns you, again, by RNG.

 

So, I don't see how us asking for a specific reward having a fixed price doesn't make sense to you? How is someone getting the same reward in 2-3 battles, and someone else in like 100, fair or fun?

It doesn't matter how much RNG is in other parts of the game. Boxes are RNG containing an italian cruiser mission or not. I got 0 although I kept buying them. That is RNG. The camo stuff was finished in a few hours and it was nice knowing that it could be over soon during the grind unlike a system that has a fixed price where you just add and add and add. So yeah I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BNI]
Beta Tester
309 posts
17,155 battles

Nobody forces you to take part of it.

Don't like it ? Don't do it.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
1 minute ago, Pappus said:

It doesn't matter how much RNG is in other parts of the game. Boxes are RNG containing an italian cruiser mission or not. I got 0 although I kept buying them. That is RNG. The camo stuff was finished in a few hours and it was nice knowing that it could be over soon during the grind unlike a system that has a fixed price where you just add and add and add. So yeah I like it.

It is literally impossible to finish the camo stuff if you're not extremely lucky. First of all, what does "finished" mean for you? Did you get all 3 permacamos? So, t8, 9 and 10 ones? Doing one twilight battle tends to take between 10-15 min usually. Let's say you can do 4-5 of those battles in an hour, and let's be generous and say all those battles were with competent team mates and you extracted 2500 filth on everage (and I'm being extremely generous here).

 

Getting all 3 permacamos in a few hours means you probably got between 12-15 battles there in total, and you got all 3. So it was always one of the first bundles to spawn for you. That is being extremely lucky, it's easy to like any event if you're blessed by rngjesus. For me the t10 camo was 24/24th bundle alone. That means it cost me 192,000 filth. Even with an average as high as 2000 filth per battle, that's still around 100 battles just to get that one camo alone, while some get all 3 in a fraction of that amount.

 

That is neither fun nor fair if you're on the receiving end of it. Maybe you like gambling. I don't, and think WG being open and transparent about "you have to do this much to get this reward" would be better.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
5 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Nobody forces you to take part of it.

Don't like it ? Don't do it.

Nobody's forcing us to play the game, either. Clearly, we do, because we like it at least in part. The parts we like less, we talk about, hoping for potential improvements. Ignoring events is always an option, I don't think anyone was under the impression they'd get assassinated by a former KGB agent if they ignore an event, so I don't find this remark terribly useful. I'd rather have events that are fun and fair. And like I said, there's already an insane amount of rng in this game. Bundles aren't the biggest issue ever, but they can be annoying for at least some. We're giving our feedback.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WTFNO]
Players
544 posts
9,245 battles
26 minutes ago, Pappus said:

The camo etc do have a fixed price.

...

You just pay less if you are lucky.

Strong logic here :D

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
187 posts
4,810 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

It is literally impossible to finish the camo stuff if you're not extremely lucky. First of all, what does "finished" mean for you? Did you get all 3 permacamos? So, t8, 9 and 10 ones? Doing one twilight battle tends to take between 10-15 min usually. Let's say you can do 4-5 of those battles in an hour, and let's be generous and say all those battles were with competent team mates and you extracted 2500 filth on everage (and I'm being extremely generous here).

 

Getting all 3 permacamos in a few hours means you probably got between 12-15 battles there in total, and you got all 3. So it was always one of the first bundles to spawn for you. That is being extremely lucky, it's easy to like any event if you're blessed by rngjesus. For me the t10 camo was 24/24th bundle alone. That means it cost me 192,000 filth. Even with an average as high as 2000 filth per battle, that's still around 100 battles just to get that one camo alone, while some get all 3 in a fraction of that amount.

 

That is neither fun nor fair if you're on the receiving end of it. Maybe you like gambling. I don't, and think WG being open and transparent about "you have to do this much to get this reward" would be better.

Literally ímpossible? I grabbed two of those randoms and dived up with them and then we did rasputin over and over. If you can't do it easily maybe you are speshul one. When they couldn't play anymore I grabbed others. 2.7k every run makes it pretty fast. 3 matches you about complete the first bundles another 15 matches to finish the second and then you pray to jesus for a big % off. I got the last one on like nr. 9 so yeah that helped. I will prob grindout the rest later though cause i do enjoy flags and stuff aswell.

 

Reign in your jealousness. Be happy for the guy that got it early instead of going into the forum asking for a system change so everyone pays the same price. Next time you might have it on the first one.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,037 posts
5 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Reign in your jealousness.

How about you step down from your high horse and try not to apply ulterior motives to others but look at the arguments only instead.

It's fine that you "don't care". But that's no reason to insult those who do.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
187 posts
4,810 battles
Just now, Egoleter said:

How about you step down from your high horse and try not to apply ulterior motives to others but look at the arguments only instead.

It's fine that you "don't care". But that's no reason to insult those who do.

He is not insulted he literally complains that others got it in a fraction of the grind. That is not an argument - that is being jealous. There is a big difference.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
1 hour ago, Pappus said:

Literally ímpossible? I grabbed two of those randoms and dived up with them and then we did rasputin over and over. If you can't do it easily maybe you are speshul one. When they couldn't play anymore I grabbed others. 2.7k every run makes it pretty fast. 3 matches you about complete the first bundles another 15 matches to finish the second and then you pray to jesus for a big % off. I got the last one on like nr. 9 so yeah that helped. I will prob grindout the rest later though cause i do enjoy flags and stuff aswell.

 

Reign in your jealousness. Be happy for the guy that got it early instead of going into the forum asking for a system change so everyone pays the same price. Next time you might have it on the first one.

I'm sorry, I expressed myself poorly there. I meant literally impossible to do it in the amount of time you have, without being very lucky. It's obviously not impossible, I have the t10 camo after I got it in bundle 24/24, and there's still plenty of time to go for others if I so choose. As for the rest, I don't think you're listening. If you really want a reward, and rng decides you need to do 100 battles for it while your clan mates all do it in much less, that means you need to play a lot with random team mates, and - not sure what your experience there was - most of mine were extremely bad to the point of being useless and me almost always being the only ship that extracts with a full hold while the team mates are all dead.

 

If it took all clan mates the same amount of battles, we could all just do it together and avoid the pain of useless team mates. OFC I'm happy when a friend gets lucky and gets it fast. Good for him. But there is no reason why some should randomly need to do something in 5 hours and others in 50. I don't see the value in such a system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
187 posts
4,810 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I'm sorry, I expressed myself poorly there. I meant literally impossible to do it in the amount of time you have, without being very lucky. It's obviously not impossible, I have the t10 camo after I got it in bundle 24/24, and there's still plenty of time to go for others if I so choose. As for the rest, I don't think you're listening. If you really want a reward, and rng decides you need to do 100 battles for it while your clan mates all do it in much less, that means you need to play a lot with random team mates, and - not sure what your experience there was - most of mine were extremely bad to the point of being useless and me almost always being the only ship that extracts with a full hold while the team mates are all dead.

 

If it took all clan mates the same amount of battles, we could all just do it together and avoid the pain of useless team mates. OFC I'm happy when a friend gets lucky and gets it fast. Good for him. But there is no reason why some should randomly need to do something in 5 hours and others in 50. I don't see the value in such a system. 

So you play with random teamates? I grabbed random ppl there. 2 chinese players that could barely talk english and a couple of spanish guys. It was no problem at all. The event is extremely easy after all, not like you need to do anything sophisticated and you can just take croco and solo rapustin. Even if they are bad you don't need them to help you with skill. They are just collectbots

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×