Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Italian Cruisers: Branch Review

36 comments in this topic

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
88 posts
10,437 battles

Oh, dear!

A full-on remedial tutorial for the Italian Cruisers. That means that a) they aren't popular, b) they aren't working or c) both.

The SAP might end up being popular with the recent buff on the angles of ricochet (we'll have to wait and see) but the mid-tier ships are trash: looooooong reloads, unmaneuverable and fragile.

• Cool 4

[-MMI-]
Players
22 posts
11,503 battles

These ships need substantial buffs, the SAP one announced one week ago is not enough! Give them a Main Battery Reload Booster as their damage is pitiful, the only strength they should have!

• Cool 2

Players
132 posts
13,560 battles
2 hours ago, picarios said:

crap ships

I agree - what rubbish - having a pizza if far better (lol) - I will be selling mine as soon as WG make it possible.

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
627 posts

@The_EURL_GuyGo on You Tube and read the comments below the video. According to them WE the players, DONT understand how good this ships are. 

Consequently we are all stupids, or this line is really weak (to be polite) compared to all other similar lines. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,601 posts
16,637 battles

So, no intention to lower reload and damage on SAP, thus making AP useful and DDs happier?

Okay then...

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
403 posts
9,457 battles

I was eager to give them a try, so I got me 12 premium containers and got only the Montecrapoli...Bad luck I guess.

And now, after 20ish normal containers, I still have only the Montecrapoli.

Thank God you saved me from giving them a try, I might be too dumb to make them work, as you suggest in your video.

WeeGee being WeeGee after all.:cap_old:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PK11C]
Players
17 posts
12,369 battles

Besides the Duca D'Aosta I've got the Genova, Raimondo Montecuccoli and the Trento. So far only the Duca D'Aosta is fun to play and competitive, the rest of the line is fun if it's a part of the opposite team. The Genova, currently for free in the campaign or for whopping 14.15€ in the shop, is one of the worst ships I ever had to play. I suggest, players with a team kill penalty should play minimum 10 games with the the Genova instead of marking them pink! The Italian line at this moment is probably the one I'll leave behind without investing time; cleaning the windows of my flat or iron my shirts offers more entertainment than playing this crap. Whoever bought the Genova should be allowed for a refund.

Beta Tester
47 posts
10,271 battles

well theyr ok exept i hardly enyoj the Trento who got one of the highest detectability at sea of eny other in its tier of cruisers 14.5.and the Zara is so darn slow that she cant even catch her own shadow and 7 out of 10 games is tier 9 battles i do hope that they will fix the badest isues on the Italians next test round ,like a bit to slow reaload and a way to high detectability.

Players
944 posts
13,666 battles

The Montecuccoli makes the Genova look good!

Perhaps a gun upgrade, like some other cruiser lines, might be an option to boost that appalling reload time to compensate for the appalling AP pen and damage.

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
661 posts
18,095 battles
15 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

I agree - what rubbish - having a pizza if far better (lol) - I will be selling mine as soon as WG make it possible.

These Cruisers are definitely the Hawaiian [ham and pineapple] of the pizza world.

[NM-IT]
Players
7 posts
5,478 battles
7 hours ago, Ellerhorst said:

Besides the Duca D'Aosta I've got the Genova, Raimondo Montecuccoli and the Trento. So far only the Duca D'Aosta is fun to play and competitive, the rest of the line is fun if it's a part of the opposite team. The Genova, currently for free in the campaign or for whopping 14.15€ in the shop, is one of the worst ships I ever had to play. I suggest, players with a team kill penalty should play minimum 10 games with the the Genova instead of marking them pink! The Italian line at this moment is probably the one I'll leave behind without investing time; cleaning the windows of my flat or iron my shirts offers more entertainment than playing this crap. Whoever bought the Genova should be allowed for a refund.

Hi Ellerhorst

how do you get "The Genova, currently for free in the campaign"?

I got it buying random bundles for tokens, I am curious to know if there was another way

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
661 posts
18,095 battles
12 minutes ago, cicciopuffo said:

Hi Ellerhorst

I got it buying random bundles for tokens, I am curious to know if there was another way

You bought it with Doubloons?

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
52 minutes ago, cicciopuffo said:

Hi Ellerhorst

Exchange tokens in the armory for random bundles (the one with the dices and 1/22 next to it).

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/125558-for-those-who-got-genova-via-the-randomrandom-22-part-queue-at-which-place-did-you-get-it/

Players
213 posts
13,521 battles
19 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Presenting the Italian cruisers: everything you need to know to achieve victory!

Read it on the portal

I have done bundle , got Genova , from rest takens I spend on containers I won 300 db and T5 Montecuccoli ... I wish I won Amalfi , so I could skip to T10 quckly, wnen I heard that there will be Italian line I had intention to grind grom T1 , because I love cruisers , but both Genova and Montecuccoli sucks for me , If I knew before that , I would only take premium for tokens...  

[PK11C]
Players
17 posts
12,369 battles
40 minutes ago, Peffers said:

You bought it with Doubloons?

No, I got her spending the Italian tokens earned in the directives on random bundles in the armory, one of the bundles had the Genova. You can change 70 Italian tokens for one random bundle, I had the Genova after 13 bundles=910 token. 

Players
81 posts
6,068 battles

Sadly i could get only regular tier5 - 6 and Genova, which all garbage, gonna be extra credit. I am BB main but also like shoot&kite cruisers. I can say and prefer; HE > SAP. No fire, No honey... :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
661 posts
18,095 battles
1 hour ago, Ellerhorst said:

No, I got her spending the Italian tokens earned in the directives on random bundles in the armory, one of the bundles had the Genova. You can change 70 Italian tokens for one random bundle, I had the Genova after 13 bundles=910 token. 

WG do not consider that buying that is a grind and the God of RNG..

• Cool 1

Players
213 posts
13,521 battles
2 hours ago, Ellerhorst said:

You lucky bustard ! , I got mine in allmoust last boundle... 

(PS. nice wiggles you have there ;))

[T-N-T]
Players
3,601 posts
16,637 battles

Hmm, I got her in the 19th bundle (of 22). But hey, the coal and special signals were fine too.

Btw. I find Montecuccoli far better than Genova (yet still not great).

Sign in to follow this