You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spearhawk1969

Petition to remove the "provide antiaircraft cover"

115 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles

I play CV, its kind of fun...until I meet a DD thats spamming that CV should provide antiaircraft  cover...

excep one thing, there are no aircrafts anymore on CV for a air to air fights, that has been turned into a skill 

that other ships have. Yet the persons keep slamming the CV saying all kinds of nasty things.

That environment to play in is no fun and has directly led to me playing less and less

That is what people want, right? that those enjoying playing cv quits playing....

So cheer for those who slam and spit on us playing cv...

I hereby request that developers enlighten those ignorant of the change that CV can't launch air to air 

crafts anymore because if this continues I will quit playing because of the toxic environment.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 15
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,335 posts
10,110 battles

Maybe play some other classes and see for yourself how "a skill that other ships have" protects you from CV planes. :)

• Cool 10
  • Funny 6

Players
2,831 posts
19,145 battles
7 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

I play CV, its kind of fun...until I meet a DD thats spamming that CV should provide antiaircraft  cover...

excep one thing, there are no aircrafts anymore on CV for a air to air fights, that has been turned into a skill 

that other ships have. Yet the persons keep slamming the CV saying all kinds of nasty things.

That environment to play in is no fun and has directly led to me playing less and less

That is what people want, right? that those enjoying playing cv quits playing....

So cheer for those who slam and spit on us playing cv...

I hereby request that developers enlighten those ignorant of the change that CV can't launch air to air 

crafts anymore because if this continues I will quit playing because of the toxic environment.

So you never deployed a fighter squad from your bombers?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
10 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Maybe play some other classes and see for yourself how "a skill that other ships have" protects you from CV planes. :)

funny, I have had matches where there been used 8 times that skill as I try to bomb them and for a cv that is a squadron killer, you either steer away and lose half your squadron

and then you have to return to ship or you lose it all and still result is the same, that SKILL is a fact and can be stacked one after the other if several captains have it.

But neither goes to my point about educating that cv no longer has AA aircraft...nor the toxidity that ruins the game for those who enjoy cv...

perhaps youd like to comment on that...?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
12 minutes ago, Europizza said:

So you never deployed a fighter squad from your bombers?

I have not that skill no, it goes by randomness and it is never myself that triggers it, it sometimes goes off when I am not even close to any enemy...

• Funny 9
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,280 battles
8 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

I have not that skill no, it goes by randomness and it is never myself that triggers it, it sometimes goes off when I am not even close to any enemy...

Out of pure interest, what do you think happens when you use the plane consumable "T"?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
2,831 posts
19,145 battles
12 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

You playing tier iv carriers only?

• Cool 2

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
2 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Out of pure interest, what do you think happens when you use the plane consumable "T"?

I tried that, either someone broke my T or it is randomness because sure as heck no aircrafts comes to where I am at....just says "aircrafts launched"

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
Just now, Europizza said:

You playing tier iv carriers only?

Tier 8 but again neither of you...NONE of you seems to express any kind of understanding that it is the toxidity thats wrecking game... express your feeling about THAT rather than my skills

• Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,335 posts
10,110 battles
13 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

my point about educating that cv no longer has AA aircraft

You can spawn fighters who attack enemy planes, did you know that?

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles

It is a sure sign of people thats a bully etc that they do not even REACT to when someone says the game is being to toxic, they rather hone in and target the person

protesting and attacking the victim of said toxidity....thats pure bullyism...

• Boring 6
  • Bad 3

Players
2,831 posts
19,145 battles
2 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

Tier 8 but again neither of you...NONE of you seems to express any kind of understanding that it is the toxidity thats wrecking game... express your feeling about THAT rather than my skills

You don't seem to understand you can deploy fighters at any location using the fighter consumable on your bombers location. That is what these players are asking for :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

You can spawn fighters who attack enemy planes, did you know that?

in theory yes, but in realty no...I done that and nothing happens more than it says it launches fighters...

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[LEEUW]
Players
2,335 posts
10,110 battles
Just now, Spearhawk1969 said:

NONE of you seems to express any kind of understanding that it is the toxidity thats wrecking game... express your feeling about THAT rather than my skills

We are trying to understand what could possible TRIGGER the toxicity towards you. And it seems that your lack of game knowledge is what sparks their anger.

Im not saying that it is right, because it isnt. But you have to take a look in the mirror as well and not blame anyone around you for being toxic.

• Cool 8

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles

You don't seem to understand you can deploy fighters at any location using the fighter consumable on you bombers location.

what those dd, wants it what before was a squadron that follows them around and guards them against aircrafts, thats no longer possible, even if I launch a squad right on top of them, 30 seconds later when they moved the squad is no longer working, its stuck to the spot where it was launched.... people seem to think that it is a endless quantity, it is not and it is set to the spot on the map, those time it works...

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles

We are trying to understand what could possible TRIGGER the toxicity towards you. And it seems that your lack of game knowledge is what sparks their anger.

Im not saying that it is right, because it isnt. But you have to take a look in the mirror as well and not blame anyone around you for being toxic.

I don't blame anyone if a DD sneaks between the lines and smash my butt, I see it as part of the game...

But I can NOT be a nanny for every dd requiring aid, that gives no points and as I said before that area that is protected is so small that the dd moves out of it in 30 seconds...

• Boring 2

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
2 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

It was easy before when a squad could be assigned to follow a dd, then that could be done, it is not so anymore, those times I manage to get a flight there, the dd moves out of said area...
and then requests more AA, thats not possible...

• Boring 2

Players
2,831 posts
19,145 battles
Just now, Spearhawk1969 said:

what those dd, wants it what before was a squadron that follows them around and guards them against aircrafts, thats no longer possible, even if I launch a squad right on top of them, 30 seconds later when they moved the squad is no longer working, its stuck to the spot where it was launched.... people seem to think that it is a endless quantity, it is not and it is set to the spot on the map, those time it works...

Nope. They want you to spawn a fighter consumable on their location. You're telling us nothing happens which is weird, because it should. Either something is bugged or you are misunderstanding what is happening when you deploy fighters at your bombers location. Do you see a green circle appear on you minimap?

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles

Nope. They want you to spawn a fighter consumable on their location. You're telling us nothing happens which is weird, because it should. Either something is bugged or you are misunderstanding what is happening when you deploy fighters at your bombers location. Do you see a green circle appear on you minimap?

If that was so...they would NOT require AA at beginning of game when they not even reached anywhere close to enemy, thats what happens to me, 2 minutes into the game DD starts spamming procide AA and support...so that kind of negates your statement.... IF IF it was so that a DD was huddling in a good spot and require AA then that would be valid, but that ever happening...is so seldom its not even countable on one hand

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,335 posts
10,110 battles
1 minute ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

It was easy before when a squad could be assigned to follow a dd, then that could be done, it is not so anymore, those times I manage to get a flight there, the dd moves out of said area...
and then requests more AA, thats not possible...

Spawn a fighter in their vicinity so they have a place to go to save them from attacks from the enemy cv for a little while. That is what they are asking of you.

• Cool 2

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
2 minutes ago, Europizza said:

as I said before it is random, someone that green circle is 4-5 squares away from the enemy, in middle of nowhere...thats why I am confused...and someone I have not even pressed the key and it says its launching fighters....

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,335 posts
10,110 battles

as I said before it is random, someone that green circle is 4-5 squares away from the enemy, in middle of nowhere...thats why I am confused...and someone I have not even pressed the key and it says its launching fighters....

Show a replay and we can see what you are doing in a match. Because this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Spawn a fighter in their vicinity so they have a place to go to save them from attacks from the enemy cv for a little while. That is what they are asking of you.

do you know the map called 2 brothers? why would a DD require AA at the base of their OWN base 2 min into the game, when it would take them 2 more minutes to reach even the closests enemy? they would be requesting me to scout, then add a AA and GUESS where they would need it, I am not a seer, I can not predict where enemy or DD want it....it would make sense if it was in mid battle...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles

Show a replay and we can see what you are doing in a match. Because this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I am gonna try a game and I will show recording... maybe I am doing something I am not aware of....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
2,831 posts
19,145 battles
2 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

If that was so...they would NOT require AA at beginning of game when they not even reached anywhere close to enemy, thats what happens to me, 2 minutes into the game DD starts spamming procide AA and support...so that kind of negates your statement.... IF IF it was so that a DD was huddling in a good spot and require AA then that would be valid, but that ever happening...is so seldom its not even countable on one hand

Yeah the fighter consumable by bombers is pretty lame and weak. That's why most players use them as spotting planes usually. Your ship has auto launched fighter consumables which are different from your bombers fighter consumables. These get automatically launched when your carrier hull is detecting bombers near by.  It is weird stuff. By design. It is bad design actually. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1