Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

Is it possible to citadel Ohio?

19 comments in this topic

[HAMAR]
Players
375 posts

I was using Kremlin. Did shoot at Ohio full broadside more than 2 salvos. No citadel. If Ohio shoot at Kremlin like that. Bye bye Kremlin

• Cool 1

Players
1,026 posts
11,831 battles

I suppose it should be fairly easy, even with cruisers. 

Ive shot one for 55k in my Yamato in CB using only two turrets, so with a BB its fairly easy in real situations. I dont know the details of the armour scheme but plowing through the broadside is easy. 

Think the forward and aft citadels will also work, and maybe the two casemates (unlike kremlin, which is largely impervious to those)

[SV]
Players
850 posts
12,122 battles

ohio have the exact same armor as montana so yes both can be citadeld ! you probably were just unlucky!

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,811 posts
8,982 battles

Actually, this is kinda funny:

Just a couple of days ago, i was thinking about BB players constantly whining about "OP HE spam, OP Cruisers, OP DDs, OP CVs" and my conclusion was, if we were to remove/nerf all of those, they would certainly target BBs which dont have a citadel... guess i was right :cap_yes:

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,539 battles

Ohio eats citadels like crazy being broadside. 

@DFens_666 they'll start complaining about Thunderer, Kleber... Same was when people just got bored with CVs and realised how Kremlin is powerful and started yelling at it.

[HAMAR]
Players
375 posts
21 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Actually, this is kinda funny:

Just a couple of days ago, i was thinking about BB players constantly whining about "OP HE spam, OP Cruisers, OP DDs, OP CVs" and my conclusion was, if we were to remove/nerf all of those, they would certainly target BBs which dont have a citadel... guess i was right :cap_yes:

You really think I only play Battleships? :Smile_facepalm::Smile_Default::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy:

Players
8,162 posts
9,017 battles
9 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Ohio eats citadels like crazy being broadside. 

@DFens_666 they'll start complaining about Thunderer, Kleber... Same was when people just got bored with CVs and realised how Kremlin is powerful and started yelling at it.

Because the presence of CVs does not excuse other crap being out of balance. 

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
695 posts
10,434 battles

@Puffin_ It's a Montana so yes, very possible. However it may be trickier from close range with flat arc guns (like Kremlins) since you have to hit exactly at waterline or have enough arc to hit the citadel roof which gets automatically overmatched by any BB caliber.

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,130 battles
8 hours ago, Puffin_ said:

was using Kremlin. Did shoot at Ohio full broadside more than 2 salvos. No citadel. If Ohio shoot at Kremlin like that. Bye bye Kremlin

I was in Ohio shoot two salvos at Kremlin broadside and got 1 overpen each time. He shot me bow in (slight angle), first salvo at least one citadel, second salvo killed me (there was Hindy shooting at me too).

In general I consider Ohio bad ship but I am horrible at BBs so my opinion does not count. It eats more citadells than Montana in my experience but that could be confirmation bias.

[JRM]
Players
6,556 posts
24,729 battles

Ohio is quite tough for an american BB IMHO, OFC not beeing russian it doesnt have stalinium armor...

[SV]
Players
850 posts
12,122 battles
7 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I was in Ohio shoot two salvos at Kremlin broadside and got 1 overpen each time. He shot me bow in (slight angle), first salvo at least one citadel, second salvo killed me (there was Hindy shooting at me too).

In general I consider Ohio bad ship but I am horrible at BBs so my opinion does not count. It eats more citadells than Montana in my experience but that could be confirmation bias.

ohio is a really good ship but takes some time to get used to.

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
1,175 posts
16,000 battles

From my point of view , Monty is just better than the Ohio^^.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
7,032 posts
245 battles
11 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Ohio is quite tough for an american BB IMHO, OFC not beeing russian it doesnt have stalinium armor...

id rather of had a bigger georgia than a mobility gimped montana too be honest.

Players
3,130 posts
10,768 battles
22 hours ago, Puffin_ said:

I was using Kremlin. Did shoot at Ohio full broadside more than 2 salvos. No citadel. If Ohio shoot at Kremlin like that. Bye bye Kremlin

RNG my friend.

3 salvos at a broadside Grad....ALL over-pens in my Yam.

If the games wants you to have a crap game, it will.

shot-19.11.06_19.56.23-0580.jpg

[JRM]
Players
6,556 posts
24,729 battles
2 hours ago, CptBarney said:

id rather of had a bigger georgia than a mobility gimped montana too be honest.

Agree but it is what it is

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,539 battles
On 11/6/2019 at 1:33 AM, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Because the presence of CVs does not excuse other crap being out of balance. 

Yeah , people were so mad about cvs that they still didn’t realize how powerful the Soviet BBs are in the first months. 

[-TCP-]
Players
216 posts

Yes, cit'd an Ohio this evening from my newly gained coal ship Georgia. Georgia is damned fine ship btw, its impressive and I'm a self confessed Potato.

As I head to bed, Georgia will always be on my mind.....

Beta Tester
598 posts
23 minutes ago, TruePhoenix said:

Yes, cit'd an Ohio this evening from my newly gained coal ship Georgia. Georgia is damned fine ship btw, its impressive and I'm a self confessed Potato.

As I head to bed, Georgia will always be on my mind.....

Agree, I rammed one tonight in my Roma, gave me a lot of damage :cap_cool:

Sign in to follow this