piritskenyer

Seattle - builds and tips.

4 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles

Hello.

So I just unlocked the Seattle (I'm late to the party, I know, but I never had an incentive to grind out lines to TX before, butthen poof, Colbert) and I don't know how to play her. My first game in her I played concealment-rof build, but I wasn't terribly impressed, as the turret angles were meh and the ship sluggish, so I couldn't really utilise the rof. I uess I will try out range-avoidance build next, but I'd like to know what your recommendations are.

Cheers.

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

It's pretty unpleasant after playing the cleveland. I kept the rate of fire and swapped out rudder for acceleration. A lot of games it either feels like I'm always in the wrong place and struggling to get it to move to get somewhere useful. Other games its ok and does its thing and then there the very odd game when it really works. But really in just about every way it feels worse than the cleveland. I'm just about to unlock the Worcester, which I hope feels more like the cleveland.

I did try the range mod, but unless a bb is just sat there for the whole game, it couldn't get many long range hit. Most were still in the air when the game finished :P

For me build and captain skills were same as all the other american light cruisers.

Pushing up close to A/B or B/C caps, grounding and an early radar always seems to be useful for team mates to take out dd's.

Players
2,577 posts
11,389 battles

I used the concealment mod initially plus the range mod. However i swapped the concealment mod out for steering mod 3.

Since I use IFA (which i encourage for a CA builds), i can play Seattle as a hybrid open water CA. If i can find a nice spot to lob shells at the enemy ships i'll do so, if not, then open water gunboating. I mean i know when the shells are coming and roughly from whom with IFA so it allows me to dodge shells even faster with a faster rudder. That was how i played my Mogami.lol. It had a dd level rudder shift speed.

Range is because i feel that the reload is fast enough, so im better off being able to hit target further away. If a BB stops and sit 18km away i can still give him something to think about without putting myself in danger if i have no support.

*Note that I didnt have CE skill while playing seattle. Even now for my Worchester I dont have it. So a full stealth build was kinda out of the qn. Grinding my cap for ce skill now though.

Players
8,169 posts
9,048 battles

Maximise dpm, look for some island cover that allows you to just dakka stuff while giving broadside without risking your life. Kind of boring, but eh...

Sign in to follow this