You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Results – Doubloon Doubles

50 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Eh... alright I guess, not to fond of the (arbitrary) cutoff-date, once again excluding players who might have recruited in the earlier days, but not in the later ones (there are only so much fish to catch in this pond with such a niche-game). But you grossly overestimate the value of "divisioning".

• Cool 2

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,976 battles

This is good news, shame it is only for 30 days, hardly enough time for recruits to reach milestones. even 90 days would be tough.

[HOO]
3,242 posts
3 minutes ago, iJoby said:

shame it is only for 30 days, hardly enough time for recruits to reach milestones. even 90 days would be tough.

According to Wargaming and their spreadsheets, there are no casual gamers in this environment, and everyone has at least 4+hrs per day available to sink ships.

• Funny 4

Players
209 posts
14,796 battles

right, fill the game with noobs and make them play in the same teams or against unicums

that will work out just fine, for everybody

Hint: I was sarcastic

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
5,002 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, MrFingers sagte:

According to Wargaming and their spreadsheets, there are no casual gamers in this environment, and everyone has at least 4+hrs per day available to sink ships.

"And those 4+ hours are full of fun and engaging gameplay."

Sincerely ,

Yours spredsheet

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

New players will surely have fun getting farmed by two Hosho seal-clubbers in every match:Smile_child:

[KSNFE]
Players
29 posts

so what is the goal?

"Milestone is reached when:
Player completes 1 battle on any researchable Tier VI ship."

or

"For New players:

Player must complete 1 battle on any researchable Tier VIII ship."

tier 6 is doable, but tier 8 is hard to get i think

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles

What's the use in giving anyone the Diana? There are NEVER any meaningful tasks for ships below tier V.:etc_swear:

[SINT]
Players
922 posts
21,033 battles

Would like to have a progress bar to see progression on the 50 division games with your recruit for the dual free tier V ship… I have a returned recruit but not yet sure if he accepted just before or after the 16th of october…. And if the wins can be co-op for both the 25 wins, 50 wins and 50 divisions wins...

Misty requirements ( lot of if's )with high chances for dissapointments due to the fog that WG creates because of non existant progress checks...

[V-I-P]
Players
70 posts
9,621 battles

Is there any tracker for the progress ? Or is it also RNG based if the game was registered or not , like dispersion or fire chance :P ?

Also making this "After October 16" is already excluding the majority of the recruits from this offer, maybe you should lift this restriction and have a wider impact.

Players
290 posts

I dont think you guys get it, the purpose of this is for something that would be ... hold on, let me check the store ... 11.51€  you would have to spend the time to farm about what? 300k XP? thats like how many hours now? I suppose its kinda like 50 cents per hour including the T5 ship crates?

This is a pyramid scheme were in exchange for "goodies" you recruit (soon to be ex-)friends so they in turn do the same, hopefully they spend money and remain in the game and there is a incentive for that, "cashback in doubloons in an amount equal to 10% to the total cost of purchases made by them in the Premium Shop" as mentioned in the recruitment station so you are incentivized to make then spend money, this is what this is, get more customers and get the hooked on the game.

WG Staff
7 posts
2,624 battles
18 hours ago, Voen_Sveta said:

so what is the goal?

"Milestone is reached when:
Player completes 1 battle on any researchable Tier VI ship."

or

"For New players:

Player must complete 1 battle on any researchable Tier VIII ship."

tier 6 is doable, but tier 8 is hard to get i think

Hi,

The first one is the main goal and the second is a push goal, meaning that your Recruit must complete the first in order to complete the second.

So if your Recruit gets to Tier VI, you will already have secured 1,000 Doubloons for yourself. But if this Recruit keeps on moving up the Tiers, and reaches Tier VIII before the end of the event on 5 December, you will get an additional 1,500 Doubloons on top of the 1,000 you had for the previous goal.

• Angry 1

Players
964 posts
13,907 battles

Well, everyone should log-in and claim the 50 recruitment points regardless.

Being restricted in number I suppose it's a saner version of the recruitment drive compared to the bot invasion of the summer programme. The extra Doubloons might even make for a nice bonus for new players, but I really disagree with the constant reliance on existing players acting as recruitment 'tools'. Just give all new players a generous package of starting incentives, regardless of how they come to the game. Add some in-game tuition (not relying on external content) and you might end up with an accessible and attractive mainstream game.

My last recruit quit at T5, so never made it to T6. I wonder why :Smile-_tongue:

Edit: speaking of the summer event it transpired that real life friends coming to the game via the recruitment station actually wanted to play together. Imagine that! Friends!! Anyway, one person brought this up externally because 4 IRL friends couldn't play together except via trying work-arounds because of the 3-man division size limit in Co-op (and they hadn't unlocked Operations in their Account Levels, another artificial limit).

If 4,5,6,7 or 8 friends want to play together in Co-op they should be allowed to. Custom Division sizes already exist in other battle modes, and it would not unbalance the game or detract from anyone else's enjoyment.

Here's the original thread. @Crysantoswas tagged and promised to raise with the Developers but we never heard back. Can any community manager comment? @MrConway @Moon__Star

Edited by DanSilverwing

[HOO]
3,242 posts
1 minute ago, xSudden said:

do they count or what is the cutoff date

October 16th 2019, so old recruits don't count.

WG Team
134 posts
4,779 battles
On 11/6/2019 at 6:29 PM, Belustigungspanda said:

@Moon__Star: What battle modes do count for the milestones? Is it random battles only? Is there any way to monitor our progress?

All battle modes count towards progress, except Training Battles.

[SINT]
Players
922 posts
21,033 battles
On 11/5/2019 at 9:22 PM, Jvd2000 said:

Would like to have a progress bar to see progression on the 50 division games with your recruit for the dual free tier V ship… I have a returned recruit but not yet sure if he accepted just before or after the 16th of october…. And if the wins can be co-op for both the 25 wins, 50 wins and 50 divisions wins...

Misty requirements ( lot of if's )with high chances for dissapointments due to the fog that WG creates because of non existant progress checks...

Ok, my recruit is a returned player that came back End of october so eligable.  We are now co-op ing to get those 50 wins. Ideal to do those missions for Italian cruisers...  5 games a hour with co-op, one month time, so doable. 

Probaly will end with Marblehead Lima....altough Exeter or the Russian dd would be preferable outcomes.

[KSNFE]
Players
29 posts

"you need to help them reach their Shipmate milestones."

"help" - what exactly does it mean?

i mush play with them in division?

or i can send  them containers with something helpful?

or i can simply stand behind his back saying "Go Go GO!", bring coffee and sandwiches?

[VALHA]
Players
5 posts
2,056 battles

I have a question about milestone: "Play 50 battles in a Division with your Recruit".

Does all battles with my recruit count or only the ones I've played after he plays the first battle in tier 6 ship?
Also, how can I check our progress on this???

WG Team
134 posts
4,779 battles
On 11/9/2019 at 6:35 PM, Voen_Sveta said:

"you need to help them reach their Shipmate milestones."

"help" - what exactly does it mean?

i mush play with them in division?

or i can send  them containers with something helpful?

or i can simply stand behind his back saying "Go Go GO!", bring coffee and sandwiches?

Well, you could sit back and shout at them from the sidelines but the idea is that you play together, and shed some knowledge along the way to their first-tier VI ship. 

On 11/9/2019 at 9:24 PM, Kenshinio said:

I have a question about milestone: "Play 50 battles in a Division with your Recruit".

Does all battles with my recruit count or only the ones I've played after he plays the first battle in tier 6 ship?
Also, how can I check our progress on this???

It is 50 total battles. Meaning it is counted regardless of what tier they play. 

And apologies but there is no tracking for this. 

[VALHA]
Players
5 posts
2,056 battles

Just to be sure, because maybe I wasn't precise enough: what I was asking was if battles played together before completing phase 1 (getting T6 ship and playing in it) also count towards this 50 battles :)

WG Team
134 posts
4,779 battles
6 minutes ago, Kenshinio said:

Just to be sure, because maybe I wasn't precise enough: what I was asking was if battles played together before completing phase 1 (getting T6 ship and playing in it) also count towards this 50 battles :)

They count. So earlier you start playing with them, the better it is for both of you. 

Additionally, please note that training battles do not count, and Twilight battles do not count as wins if you are a returning player.