You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FieFaFoo

Flexible Premium tIme

Flexible Premium Time. A good idea?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. A good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

9 comments in this topic

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
4,135 battles

On WOWp they will have,  from 4/11 to 15/11, flexible premium time in the shop. Premium time that only will run on the day that you play. It has a bigger price qua days/euros.

WOWP Flexible Premium Time 

I wonder if WOWs is also playing with that idea? Or is there even interest here for such a premium?

I think it's a great idea. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Yes, but not with "on the day you play" as sole criterium. Because if you play 7 battles per week, one each day, you're still wasting premium time. Time that runs down when you're logged in to the game (at a higher price, naturally), that's something I would totally buy.

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,051 posts
10,738 battles

Been discussed to death.  Isn't going to happen.  Reason is WG don't see any benefit to themselves.

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
501 posts
17,288 battles

Wait for xmas, buy a year's worth for the cost of 4 months, works out <£3 a month. then with all the free days you get from events it'll last you 2 years anyway (I've still got 220 days left)

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,943 battles
14 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

On WOWp they will have,  from 4/11 to 15/11, flexible premium time in the shop. Premium time that only will run on the day that you play. It has a bigger price qua days/euros.

WOWP Flexible Premium Time 

I wonder if WOWs is also playing with that idea? Or is there even interest here for such a premium?

I think it's a great idea. :cap_like:

Actually, you can buy missions, which you play to get flex-prem-time. 

So, you don't actually buy the flex-prem-time directly.

I assume that WG tries to bring back old players who don't want to spend money on prem time for the one or two games they play per month.

It might also make the seven active players WoWP still has quite happy. 

If this experiment works out, i.e. players buy those bundles in - what spread sheet says are acceptable - quantities, WoWP might switch to flex-prem-time. 

If WG really pulls that off...WG would be the first company that successfully managed to milk a dead cow. 

Also, not sure if i like to see that in WoWS, for the simple reason that prem-time and doubloons are WGs main source of income. 

A drop in turnover and Profits  could mean a drop in quality and/ or more aggressive monetisation a la EA..

Do not want either, so i voted no.

[KOKOS]
Players
452 posts
6,627 battles

This is actually one of the first suggestions I remember from way back when in WoT, probably even from CB.

It was a good idea back then, and it still is a good idea now, but Wargaming did not react to it for almost a decade, so I think we can safely write it off as something that will never, ever happen.

Unless they get really desperate for paying customers, like it's probably the case with WoWP.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

already exists in Wows - it's called buying dubloons that you can then use to activate premium time in convenient chunks according to how much you expect to be playing over any given time...

• Cool 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,274 battles

"Flexible premium time" will be very hard to measure and be sensitive to meddling. Does it count just when you play or when the client is active? Perhaps premium time should be for a set number of battles instead?

In Armored Warfare all premium time bought or recived are placed in your inventory so you can activate it when you want to. I find this to be a  better system.

I haven't played in ages but this is what it looks like:

ScreenShot0020.jpg.6df11ed081bbdc2270d63f80a1e19dda.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
7,039 posts
245 battles
35 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

"Flexible premium time" will be very hard to measure and be sensitive to meddling. Does it count just when you play or when the client is active? Perhaps premium time should be for a set number of battles instead?

In Armored Warfare all premium time bought or recived are placed in your inventory so you can activate it when you want to. I find this to be a  better system.

I haven't played in ages but this is what it looks like:

ScreenShot0020.jpg.6df11ed081bbdc2270d63f80a1e19dda.jpg

Was about to mention this. AW only has the global server now and balance seems to have all but disappeared, from Russian T14 armatas delievering 1,1k hp damage packages to dissidents, with an automatic turret (so far less damage taken) or that werid object tank that has insane armour does similar damage and goes like 60kph backwards cus reasons. Or dat chinese prem and i think some other bonkers missle buggy thing.

Or an m60 with a 30mm minigun that deletes dem toineh reeeing buggies that like to fly around the map in less than 2secs (not an exaggeration, but useless against heavily armoured unless you get their arses or maybe sides).

but yeah i liked their prem time system despite all the other questionable choices they made

• Cool 1