Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
incM

Abysmal modul damage on dds

23 comments in this topic

[LUXX]
Beta Tester
19 posts
17,477 battles

Seriously... since 2 months every hit on a dd damages the rudder/engine and or causes 1 or 2 (!) fires. Did the cv loving gamedesign department decided that dds needs to get fisted even more or why did there was a need for such a harsh change?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[CATS]
Players
26,734 posts
14,356 battles
5 minutes ago, incM said:

Seriously... since 2 months every hit on a dd damages the rudder/engine and or causes 1 or 2 (!) fires. Did the cv loving gamedesign department decided that dds needs to get fisted even more or why did there was a need for such a harsh change?

Could you please tone down your hyperbole a bit... :fish_sleep:

[-TAP-]
Players
301 posts
8,160 battles
17 minutes ago, incM said:

Could be worse, at least you're not being detonated each time any more.

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
26,734 posts
14,356 battles
6 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

i quite enjoyed it tbh :fish_glass:

We know.

You do not need to remind us of your strange preferences...

• Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,951 battles
23 minutes ago, incM said:

Spread sheet says, you're having fun, even tho you don't notice it yourself. 

• Funny 8

[LUXX]
Beta Tester
19 posts
17,477 battles

the fun is left to clanwars nowadays... a observation that several people at our clan shares. but yeah keep shitting on me and praise the constant changes to the worse that the whole games encounters.

[-TAP-]
Players
301 posts
8,160 battles

Well, if you require a sensible response then I'll point out that I've noticed absolutely no increase in the frequency of fires or module damage across any class in the timeframe you're specifying.  As such, I strongly suspect that you're just experiencing confirmation bias - try rewatching your last 5 dd games or so and see whether you genuinely are losing engine every salvo, or whether you're just noticing it when it happens . . . 

If you're interested in minimising the occurrence and the effects, take preventative maintenance, last stand and the relevant modules.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
4,077 posts

preventive maintenance > priority target.

At least that is how I see it on DDs (with few exceptions) .... apparently there is loads of  people who think differently ... some don't even take last stand.

But I think it has always been a problem with modules on a DD. Did they change anything?

• Cool 4

[77MM]
Players
408 posts
14,369 battles

Gotta say, that although i have no evidence, for the last couple of months - to me it noticeably feels like modules are knocked out more often in DDs. I'm running the same builds, and playing the same ships.

I'd put it down to ships like the Smolensk with its insane rate of fire, but it's not unheard of for a bug to be introduced that isn't spotted for a while - so maybe there is something to it. It's happened more than once in WOWs

• Cool 2

Players
2,250 posts
13,252 battles

As a DD main... small ship hit by big shells.

Area of damage large if in the vicinity or engine or rudder it going to damage it..

As a DD main it don't bother me none..

Do you have the skill that at least gives you some control if hit or not?

(Last Stand)

Edited by Migantium_Mashum

[SCRUB]
Players
3,810 posts
17,948 battles

Stuff almost always gets broken on DDs when hit. I don't really feel like more stuff is breaking on my DDs, maybe you just had some bad games?

Last night I played multiple battles with Mogami (155mm's), some good some bad, but the thing/battle I remember best is where RNG said no and decided to grant me 2 fires out of 210+ HE hits :cap_hmm: doesn't mean her fire chance got nerfed ... just unlucky I guess :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,570 posts
13,858 battles

I haven't noticed any increase in module damage in DDs recently (which doesn't mean it isn't there, of course); mainly because DDs have always been ludicrously fragile if the opposition is remotely competent.

I *always* run LS on my DD captains though, so getting engine/rudder shot off is less of a disaster...

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
12,352 battles
16 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Do you have the skill that at least gives you some control if hit or not?

I presume you mean 'last stand' - I think that is an essential skill for a DD.

My Italian cruisers seem to take rudder damage all the time - that may be because I'm kiting (running away) in them though.

• Cool 1

[LUXX]
Beta Tester
19 posts
17,477 battles

i have all the skills for preventing modul damage still the number of destroyed or damaged moduls has risen enormously. i cant use my speed modul on the khaba anymore and had to take the drive modul with -20% chance of damage otherwise i ended up curving around with damaged engine all the time.

[KAKE]
Players
2,567 posts
6,182 battles
17 hours ago, PassTheSalt said:

PT>PM on 95% of boats in the gme, PT is such a trash skill

Erm.

Priority target is better than preventive maintenance on 95% of the ships in the game, but it's a trash skill?

Does not compute.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,570 posts
13,858 battles
1 hour ago, incM said:

i have all the skills for preventing modul damage

1 hour ago, incM said:

otherwise i ended up curving around with damaged engine all the time.

These two statements are somewhat contradictory, surely?

If you have the Last Stand skill (which you 100% always should on a DD), then you never end up entirely dead in the water, or merrily continuing on whatever course you were on before being hit.

Technically, LS doesn't prevent rudder/engine damage, but it does allow them to continue to function, albeit with somewhat reduced capabilities.

BTW technically, a damaged engine should stop you moving (eventually), whereas a damaged rudder is what makes you drive round in circles (if you were already turning when hit); it doesn't really make any practical difference to the matter in hand for a LS-equipped DD, but it can be important on other ships.

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
501 posts
17,318 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Erm.

Priority target is better than preventive maintenance on 95% of the ships in the game, but it's a trash skill?

Does not compute.

brain fart between thought and fingers, PM>PT

Players
2,250 posts
13,252 battles
9 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I presume you mean 'last stand' - I think that is an essential skill for a DD.

My Italian cruisers seem to take rudder damage all the time - that may be because I'm kiting (running away) in them though.

Yes, at the time of posting the name went out of my head..

Sign in to follow this