Filipin00

Genova

7 comments in this topic

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

Has anyone figured her out? How does she play, I can't get used to not having exhaust smoke generator after playing trento so much lol.

Also she's loooooooooooooooooooooooong :fish_panic:

[-YR-]
Players
627 posts

Genova is simply one of the worst , if not the worst tier V cruiser. 

Just fought in a match were I was against Montecuccoli the silver equivalent at tier V. Well while genova guns are bigger Montecuccoli reload faster and cause has smoke he was able to disappear and disengage while Genova doesn't. 

All and all I am glad I got it through the lottery cause in current state is awful and NOT Worth to spend a single euro on it,

• Cool 2

Players
1,675 posts
On 11/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, Filipin00 said:

Has anyone figured her out? How does she play, I can't get used to not having exhaust smoke generator after playing trento so much lol.

Also she's loooooooooooooooooooooooong :fish_panic:

Hi, as you wrote she is a long ship which makes her turn like a bus. This, and the long reloading time makes it a ship to choose opponents carefully and pre-plan its attacks. Using an ally smoke or terrain will make your life easier. Choosing the right ammo type, utilizing the torps often and not showing broad side can bring you some good games. On the other hand, yo uare right with Trento example. Genova, due to lack of smoke, plays differently up to a certain extent.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Beta Tester
403 posts
8,496 battles

Genova is the definition of the Italian cruiser line, bad dpm with horrible citadel size and SAP shells that most of the time feel anemic at best.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
346 posts
6,267 battles

I played Genova just enough to get the reward then stopped completely. The ship is just weak there are so many good tier 5 boats that Genova will be left to rot in port. Montecuccoli is horrible also and I feel that Genova is actually better. It has usable AP to citadel broadsiding cruisers although DPM is horrible. Montecuccoli basically has to use SAP all the time so it has no redeeming features in firepower unlike Genova with that 203mm AP.

By the way Genova hull form is so oldskool it looks like a tier 4 or tier 3. Guess only thing why it is at tier 5 and not lower is 203mm gunpower.

I also have the Trento but did not play it yet cause I kinda lost interest (I wonder why) in italian line for the time being.

Players
4 posts
3,571 battles

you can get lucky mm and perform quite good..just use island for cover and make use of shalow arc..dont push too much..go close to bbs and attack fast the DDs

Players
81 posts
6,068 battles

Get your reward on co-op if available than forget on a dusty corner of your port, worst tier V reward ship i ever see. Exeter was good pick but Genova is garbage