You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Winged_Cat_Dormant

CV opt out box please.

30 comments in this topic

Players
823 posts
9,283 battles

I have no time to play the game as before, only in weekends if I wake up very early.

Yesterday 5 out of 7 battles with CVs. It's really not fun specially if you drive DDs.

Can we have please a check box to opt out of CV battles? 

Or tweak the MM so you are not thrown that much into the fun festival this class offers, specially on weekends?

I am playing more and more co-op nowadays as a result of this.

I do not care if some people like CVs, or battles with CVs, etc, but on weekends you just can't avoid these battles.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

Players
2,577 posts
11,389 battles

Might as well have a check out box for each of the class instead of one.lol. That way if u dont feel like playing against CAs you get that option too!!! Just torp those BBs. How about that.

• Cool 5

Players
823 posts
9,283 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

Might as well have a check out box for each of the class instead of one.lol. That way if u dont feel like playing against CAs you get that option too!!! Just torp those BBs. How about that.

No, only CVs.

I have no issues with the other classes. CVs change the meta too much. 

Surface ships I do not care, and I am sure most people as well, is the air police big brother in the sky that ruins it for me.

• Bad 2

[FLYD]
Players
1,415 posts
13,218 battles

Well after carefully consulting the Spreadsheets WG came again to the Conclusion that everyone had fun.

4 Wins , 4 Losses in DD Quiet the good Results and still moaning? :(

I rather think there are more important things to fix. 

Just now, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

have no issues with the other classes. CVs change the meta too much. 

And no they don't you just need to play arround them. Going of the rail to torp away doesn't work in that match then *shrug*

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,568 posts
24,739 battles
4 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

CVs change the meta too much. 

Alas this is not true, CV or no CV in the particular match the standard potato behaves exactly the same...

• Cool 3

[DREAD]
Players
9,695 posts
6,862 battles

I want a checkbox “no cruisers”! They spam, they radar, They shoot AA... pesky meta changers! Out of my game please!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,707 posts
18,575 battles

There isn't no way WG would ever do that,  the official reason being then they would get demands for opt out boxes for DDs and cruisers, the correct reason being it would mean admitting they made a stupid amount of errors when rushing the implemention of the CV rework. Then it would also mean we could have an opt out of submarines when they get put into randoms ( im just hoping this implementation won't be rushed and that WG are actually going to do all the testing and careful balancing they said they would).

Im also in general not sold on the idea of opting out of CVs, there are times when I have lost interest in the game because of the appalling way CVs have been reworked and poorly balanced still its fun when as a Japanese or British DD the enemy CV reports you and complains all battle long that DDs are too powerful and your cheating by dodging their attacks.

Although I do concede the rework has certainly increased my dislike of CV games no doubt because of the number of times I get the rage quitting idiot CV player on my team and sadly not equally frequently on the enemy team.

Players
372 posts
5,721 battles
20 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

No, only CVs.

I have no issues with the other classes. CVs change the meta too much. 

Surface ships I do not care, and I am sure most people as well, is the air police big brother in the sky that ruins it for me.

Someone either didnt play pre rework, or has forgotten that before the rework, CV’s could simultaneously keep up multiple spots almost indefinitely.

and cross drop you to death, literally giving you no chance at all.

i regularly play all classes, I have a daring, Des Moines, Yamato and many t8-9 that are often uptiered or in CV games.

when I play my DD’s I’m not really bothered by CV’s tbh. 

Perhaps you’re overextending too much? Not reading the mini map? Poor situational awareness? 

If a CV finds you (true that if they want to, they WILL find you) then head back to cover of other ships, smoke up and go dark for a min or so.

i hate Radar so much more than CV’s when I’m in a DD, or the light cruisers with ridiculously low reload times AND radar (Worcester, Mino etc) 

1- radar

2- Worcester/mino

3- cv’s.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,917 posts
16,130 battles

Air Superiority CVs please. Let's put the balance back to where it was, allow CVs to become a niche issue, get on with the game. 

Players
372 posts
5,721 battles
10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Air Superiority CVs please. Let's put the balance back to where it was, allow CVs to become a niche issue, get on with the game. 

Balance back?

lol. CV’s were too powerful, they did rework, now if anything (especially damage wise) they are even more powerful. Taking them back to HUGE alpha and 1 ship wipeouts of almost any ship in the game is a step backwards.

Players
4,477 posts
7,604 battles
29 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I want a checkbox “no cruisers”! They spam, they radar, They shoot AA... pesky meta changers! Out of my game please!

What do you want to play instead?  BB against 9 or 10 DD or DD against 9 or 10 DD?

Players
2,897 posts

Does anyone really wants subs? For real? I cant believe they are putting them in game on top of everything else. Such an OP class of ships it is scary to think what meta they'll create.

Players
1,707 posts
18,575 battles
2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Does anyone really wants subs? For real? I cant believe they are putting them in game on top of everything else. Such an OP class of ships it is scary to think what meta they'll create.

Worryingly yes I once put a very mildly worded comment on a WOWS instagram post saying I don't think subs will fit the game, and I got about 4 or 5 people tell me to kill myself for being anti sub.

There are some people who really want subs and looking at the advertisements of Subs WG are pushing out they are going to stay too...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,785 posts
16,863 battles
8 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

What is so bad about subs with "hit CV only torps" and appropriate spawns, so that those 2 classes can have their own minigame? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Players
372 posts
5,721 battles
18 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Worryingly yes I once put a very mildly worded comment on a WOWS instagram post saying I don't think subs will fit the game, and I got about 4 or 5 people tell me to kill myself for being anti sub.

There are some people who really want subs and looking at the advertisements of Subs WG are pushing out they are going to stay too...

Did you report them to Instagram for breaching their rules promoting suicide? 

• Cool 2

[TSSU]
Players
150 posts
43 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Someone either didnt play pre rework, or has forgotten that before the rework, CV’s could simultaneously keep up multiple spots almost indefinitely.

Yup, I think it was 2nd or 3rd game in FdG I played - against T10 carrier; was it Midway that could have 3 torp bomber squadrons under way? Certainly 2 - but all were grouped, perfect drop despite trying to turn (as in was in the turn!) to avoid them (as seeing them coming), and died. It was a "welcome to T10 carrier gameplay" back then. Full health to zero. 

While at the start of the rework there was some terrifying AP bombers around, recently the only time carriers are annoying is end game when you've had (even on an AA build battleship with 99 AA rating) nearly all your AA shot off due to the HE spam and they can just continually attack you with impunity. Admittedly they're way more deadly to dd's but I've still not been insta killed by one yet.

The biggest difference for me (as ever) is really how good the carrier on your team is. Generally there's several of every ship class, so if you have a total potato (or like me, have moments when you play like a complete potato regardless), then at least in those classes it averages out a bit; there's another battleship or two, or dd or two, that hopefully play it better and pick up the slack. 

With carriers, if you get a terrible player on your team and they've got a good one, there's no second or third carrier to balance it out with. Makes it seem so much more lopsided :D 

[BODEM]
Players
776 posts
6,948 battles
51 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

i regularly play all classes, I have a daring, Des Moines, Yamato and many t8-9 that are often uptiered or in CV games.

when I play my DD’s I’m not really bothered by CV’s tbh. 

Perhaps you’re overextending too much? Not reading the mini map? Poor situational awareness? 

If a CV finds you (true that if they want to, they WILL find you) then head back to cover of other ships, smoke up and go dark for a min or so.

i hate Radar so much more than CV’s when I’m in a DD, or the light cruisers with ridiculously low reload times AND radar (Worcester, Mino etc) 

1- radar

2- Worcester/mino

3- cv’s.

As if I had written this post myself.

@OP, you kniw that what you are asking for can never be done, right?

Players
372 posts
5,721 battles
12 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

Yup, I think it was 2nd or 3rd game in FdG I played - against T10 carrier; was it Midway that could have 3 torp bomber squadrons under way? Certainly 2 - but all were grouped, perfect drop despite trying to turn (as in was in the turn!) to avoid them (as seeing them coming), and died. It was a "welcome to T10 carrier gameplay" back then. Full health to zero. 

While at the start of the rework there was some terrifying AP bombers around, recently the only time carriers are annoying is end game when you've had (even on an AA build battleship with 99 AA rating) nearly all your AA shot off due to the HE spam and they can just continually attack you with impunity. Admittedly they're way more deadly to dd's but I've still not been insta killed by one yet.

The biggest difference for me (as ever) is really how good the carrier on your team is. Generally there's several of every ship class, so if you have a total potato (or like me, have moments when you play like a complete potato regardless), then at least in those classes it averages out a bit; there's another battleship or two, or dd or two, that hopefully play it better and pick up the slack. 

With carriers, if you get a terrible player on your team and they've got a good one, there's no second or third carrier to balance it out with. Makes it seem so much more lopsided :D 

It’s like people don’t connect everything, post rework-

1-low alpha

2-fairly low flood chance AND floods don’t last anywhere near as long or do as much damage.

3-far less spotting ability

4- cross dropping is much harder (though certainly not impossible) 

but yeah, let’s roll all that back so I can have some more 200k+ Quad dev strike matches in my Essex. 

[DREAD]
Players
9,695 posts
6,862 battles
21 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

What do you want to play instead?  BB against 9 or 10 DD or DD against 9 or 10 DD?

10 BB vs 10 BB of course! It’s World of Battleships After all. I really don’t know who came up with the silly idea to include other types of ships and even change the name to “Warships”. It should be well known by now that HE is OP,  Torpedos are OP, CVs are OP, and in general it’s all unrealistic that small ships can fight big ships....

So yea. Following this original poster’s line of thoughts it seem as to be the best solution to go with Battleships only / single class game 

• Cool 1

Players
1,680 posts
1 hour ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Can we have please a check box to opt out of CV battles? 

I have been saying the same thing for a while.

I see the value of a " Opt Out " at T3 and T4, above that I dont think its has got Value

• Cool 1

Players
823 posts
9,283 battles
1 hour ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Well after carefully consulting the Spreadsheets WG came again to the Conclusion that everyone had fun.

4 Wins , 4 Losses in DD Quiet the good Results and still moaning? :(

I rather think there are more important things to fix. 

And no they don't you just need to play arround them. Going of the rail to torp away doesn't work in that match then *shrug*

Why do you think I do that? I am saying I do not want to play around them all the time. I can play around them, and is not fun. CV meta is not fun.

• Cool 1

[TSSU]
Players
150 posts
1 minute ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Why do you think I do that? I am saying I do not want to play around them all the time. I can play around them, and is not fun. CV meta is not fun.

Wait. what's the meta again? I thought it was HE spam from smoke while bug on spotter being unable to detect origins of shots...