You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Joergensen

Online players

18 comments in this topic

[TRV]
Beta Tester
137 posts
12,658 battles

Hello, some time ago WG removed the possibility to see number of online players, that along with a very bad Match making interface during the cue for battle( the screen u get when waiting for a battle).

This is a problem when someone try to play out of prime time, you get no feedback on what tier other players online cue up with.

All in all the info you get is woth zero, u get 2 numbers who says nothing...and IF the first number u get is the number of players currently within your MM spread and number twi is the total amount of players in cue then World of warships got a problem.

Why can they use the match maker screen they had during beta testing ? and show numbers currently online ?

PS:

Did spend an average 8 minute in cue for battle, no way of knowing what tier other players did cue up with, i tried swap ships and tier random and did eventually get in battle.

• Cool 2

Players
2,588 posts
11,389 battles
8 hours ago, Joergensen said:

Why can they use the match maker screen they had during beta testing ? and show numbers currently online ?

How does it look like?

8 hours ago, Joergensen said:

Hello, some time ago WG removed the possibility to see number of online players, that along with a very bad Match making interface during the cue for battle( the screen u get when waiting for a battle).

Wasn't removed. It was moved though. If you click on you username cogwheels on the top left side in port you can see it in one of the tabs. on the top left side of the screen.

edit: potatoed

• Cool 1

[TRV]
Beta Tester
137 posts
12,658 battles

yupp, thx didnt know that, with experience you can use that number to pick tier and ship types.

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,201 battles

Makes me wonder what time do you play, as even in mornings I do not have issues with ques.

What is even more interesting, max. waiting time shall be 5 minutes, unless you are trying CV (I think, not sure about that).

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,877 posts
11,962 battles
10 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Makes me wonder what time do you play, as even in mornings I do not have issues with ques.

What is even more interesting, max. waiting time shall be 5 minutes, unless you are trying CV (I think, not sure about that).

he  must be playing T2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,548 battles
3 hours ago, pra3y said:

How does it look like?

Wasn't removed. It was moved though. If you click on you username in port you can see it in one of the tabs.

I clicked on my username, there are 4 tabs and none of them shows the current number of players :|

Players
1,418 posts
13,253 battles
2 hours ago, kfa said:

he  must be playing T2

No he must be playing CVs in the early morning ;)

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
6 hours ago, pra3y said:

How does it look like?

I remember it too. When you clicked battle is would show something like;

Players in queue:

Tier 1 - 0

Tier 2 - 3

Tier 3 - 19

Tier 4 - 0

Tier 5 - 1

So you could see if you wanted to jump into a game your best choice was queueing in a tier 3

• Cool 3

Players
2,903 posts
34 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Players in queue:

Tier 1 - 0

Tier 2 - 3

Tier 3 - 19

Tier 4 - 0

Tier 5 - 1

So you could see if you wanted to jump into a game your best choice was queueing in a tier 3

that is fantastically useful

Players
2,588 posts
11,389 battles
4 hours ago, CrniVrag said:

I clicked on my username, there are 4 tabs and none of them shows the current number of players :|

My apologies, I just checked. Its the cog wheels on the top left of the screen, or alternatively, press Esc like what the other posters have posted.

Players
2,588 posts
11,389 battles
1 hour ago, Xevious_Red said:

Players in queue:

Tier 1 - 0

Tier 2 - 3

Tier 3 - 19

Tier 4 - 0

Tier 5 - 1

They should put it back. Seems pretty useful to me compared to just showing the entire server population at that time. You at least know which tier to play. Now you just guess :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,201 battles

I play this game from closed beta and I do not remember it showing tiers and players.

Hmm... time to buy a coffin I guess.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,657 posts
10,193 battles
10 hours ago, pra3y said:

How does it look like?

After diving into my archives, I managed to find a screenshot:

shot-15_04.11_Kopio.thumb.jpg.c6394977ada6560457f38f90d917f9a1.jpg

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,548 battles
9 hours ago, pra3y said:

My apologies, I just checked. Its the cog wheels on the top left of the screen, or alternatively, press Esc like what the other posters have posted.

Yes I knew about the cog wheels, but I thought there is something under the username tab that I just can not see... I guess that's settled then :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
2,588 posts
11,389 battles
23 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

After diving into my archives, I managed to find a screenshot:

shot-15_04.11_Kopio.thumb.jpg.c6394977ada6560457f38f90d917f9a1.jpg

Yeah seems way better then the current one. Thanks for providing the pic. Do you recall when it was removed? I was in closed beta but I can't recall seeing it. Or probably cause I didn't play too much then :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,657 posts
10,193 battles
2 hours ago, pra3y said:

Do you recall when it was removed?

I tried my best to dig up the data on that, but couldn't get precise dates, as the changelogs don't really tell such details, or I managed to miss them. Well, I could still narrow it down a bit:

My first screenshot of the new MM queue is from 14th May 2015, when the major patch 0.3.1 was released. The fact I didn't really take screenshots from MM queue screens, but took one on that patch day, would suggest that it was changed in that patch. The patchnotes don't tell anything though on that subject.

Spoiler

shot-15_05.14_08_39.28-0224_kopio.thumb.jpg.0672974aff045d2e69fdd969de0b9822.jpg

My screens can also confirm that the old MM queue screen was still in use a month earlier, on 14th April 2015. So, I can certainly date the time of change into that month long period. I would assume it was patch 0.3.1, as it was a major patch.

So,

• My guess: patch 0.3.1
  • Time period when it must have been changed verified by my screenshots: 15th April - 14th May.

// Though,

- 0.3.0.3 was on 7th April, no change in that

- 0.3.0.5 was on 22nd April, but had only bug fixes, and the next patch was 0.3.1.

So based on all these data pieces I have, I estimate it was changed in 0.3.1.

TLDR:  In 0.3.1(?)

Your (current) account was created on 20th June 2015, so thus you didn't even see the old MM queue screen in action.

• Cool 1