You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mil71

What is worse? BB captains?

35 comments in this topic

[THGZ]
Beta Tester
155 posts

Being spammed by HE to death by skill less Smolensk or being AP'ed to death by something like a Neptune/Minotaur? Both targets being in smoke so you cant fire back.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 2

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Actually talking as if Mino/Neptune was dangerous for a BB. Lol.

And you can fire back. Smoke isn't an impenetrable wall. Check were are the shots coming from and fire a salvo there.

• Cool 8

[CATS]
Players
26,732 posts
14,356 battles
7 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Being spammed by HE to death by skill less Smolensk or being AP'ed to death by something like a Neptune/Minotaur? Both targets being in smoke so you cant fire back.

But you can...

Worse is getting citadeled by a BB you did not see over half the map.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
26,732 posts
14,356 battles
9 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Except none of you answered the question.

Your question included mistakes...

Cannot answer faulty questions.

• Cool 6

Players
503 posts
1,607 battles

Sailing in a straight line parallel to the Akizuki which has just torpedoed you whilst it burns you to the waterline with HE?:Smile_trollface:

Or have I missed the point of the question?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
2,918 posts
16,614 battles
56 minutes ago, mil71 said:

error 404 no death found.

Smolensk can be annoying with 19 km range. At that range, he can't kill you.

Mino can't kill a BB with sAP so you need to F*** up massively and eat his torps.

Also both can be citadeled in smoke.

Recommend wasd.exe and fixing error between computer and chair (but if i had to pick my poison, Smolensk is worse).

[L4GG]
Players
3,145 posts
10,735 battles
56 minutes ago, mil71 said:

non of the above.

Planes.

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,297 battles

None of the above.

Both problems has a solution as does every other "problem" in the game.

Act accordingly.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,831 posts
8,982 battles
2 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Mino can't kill a BB with sAP so you need to F*** up massively and eat his torps.

:Smile_hiding:

sfdff.thumb.jpg.d8f8d1f4a42ff918993bc382186e842a.jpg

sdfsf.thumb.jpg.f173d104491b852809b7040f3cc7774a.jpg

35 secs and 100k damage later = dead kremlin :cap_haloween:

Had to torp the Stalin behind me, so had only 3 torps for Kremlin :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
6,573 posts
24,751 battles
12 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Smolensk can be annoying with 19 km range. At that range, he can't kill you.

You underestimate the ineptitude of an average BB driver nowadays, they are perfectly capable of sitting still or crawling around until they pick up 3 or 4 permafires and then burn to death, i burned several kurfursts of late, maybe not @ 19km do the dot but close enough, some even in CW

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
3 hours ago, mil71 said:

Learn2Play issue.

Firing into smoke and hitting the ship that is hiding inside isn't some kind of magic trick. Anyone can learn that to some degree. Plenty of tutorials for that are available on Youtube and if you had asked nicely on how to defend yourself against such tactics I might have provided some hints myself.

Your question is one born from your own failures and doesn't deserve an answer. This seems to be a recurring event with your threads. You blame anyone and everything for your own shortcomings.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[THGZ]
Beta Tester
155 posts
2 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Learn2Play issue.

Firing into smoke and hitting the ship that is hiding inside isn't some kind of magic trick. Anyone can learn that to some degree. Plenty of turorials for that are available on Youtube and if you had asked nicely on how to defend yourself against such tactics I might have provided some hints myself.

Your question is one born from your own failures and doesn't deserve an answer. This seems to be a recurring event with your threads. You blame anyone and everything for your own shortcomings.

Seems like you're toxic and don't even deserve an ability to post on a forum.

This was a question of what is worse.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,804 battles
17 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Since you insist on the answer in the Smol-bote is a more annoying opponent in general (i guess most ppl here would agree) as it's harder to fully negate the dmg,
but since you specify it's a skill-less Smolensk burning you down v. dying to Nep/Mino AP

both are equally bad imo since it usually means you as the BB f*cked up badly in the first place.
(either that or you're almost dead from trying to carry a garbage team, but somehow i doubt that's the premise of your question)

Also have you ever heard about framing and the abuse thereof ?
If not may I ask when you stopped beating up your wife ?

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
26,732 posts
14,356 battles

A skillless Smolenks cannot hit you, unless you are immobile for minutes. Therefore the UK CL will do worse scratches on your battleships paint.

• Funny 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
44 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Seems like you're toxic and don't even deserve an ability to post on a forum.

And again you blame someone for your own failures. To hide and deflect it this time you chose to insult someone.

There is no better or worse as the situation you described doesn't exist. Your question depends on the premise that you can't fight back, which is false. As you can fight back your question implodes in itself and can not be answered.

• Cool 2

Players
7,048 posts
245 battles

Both are annoying to deal with, i would say smolensk because of fires and potential 19km range and maybe even IFHE meaning you can't angle against the shells.

They become even more of an issue when you can't turn because there are some angreh bb's nearby (although that would be your own fault in terms of positioning but then it also depends if you need to push there to stall them or whatever.)

Ships like monarch, georgia and jean bart don't handle such ships well so running away and kiting is a must (if you can't kill them for whatever reason).

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
2,028 battles
5 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Both are annoying to deal with, i would say smolensk because of fires and potential 19km range and maybe even IFHE meaning you can't angle against the shells.

They become even more of an issue when you can't turn because there are some angreh bb's nearby (although that would be your own fault in terms of positioning but then it also depends if you need to push there to stall them or whatever.)

Ships like monarch, georgia and jean bart don't handle such ships well so running away and kiting is a must (if you can't kill them for whatever reason).

technically, smolesk with IFHE only has 27mm pen, so you take no damage to the hull.

to the superstructure however and the fires, thats a different story. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,712 posts
18,593 battles

A good Smolensk player that can aim well keep you on fire and dodge return fire is more annoying, but honestly I don't really find either option to be all that bad as there is effective counter play available to deal with surface ships. 

Players
7,048 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, howardxu_23 said:

technically, smolesk with IFHE only has 27mm pen, so you take no damage to the hull.

to the superstructure however and the fires, thats a different story. 

Ahh ok, im not familiar with IFHE at all, since i still don't have it some other needed light cruisers yet.

But yeah superstructure and fires was something i was mainly pointing out.

I play mostly mobile and fast BB's and prefer them to the more tanky ones as they have more flexibility and can get out of situations better, they also tend to have better stealth.

Plus they kinda play like chunky cruisers too.

[JRM]
Players
6,573 posts
24,751 battles

I dont even bother with IFHE on small, max fire build, open a beer and start the BBQ

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

:Smile_hiding:

sfdff.thumb.jpg.d8f8d1f4a42ff918993bc382186e842a.jpg

sdfsf.thumb.jpg.f173d104491b852809b7040f3cc7774a.jpg

35 secs and 100k damage later = dead kremlin :cap_haloween:

Had to torp the Stalin behind me, so had only 3 torps for Kremlin :Smile_sad:

Kléber is amazing at this kind of yolo btw. I love it for this reason. It's always fun to do.
Though yesterday in CB I got trolled hard by my second target. I killed their Yamato, went for the last GK and he managed to kill me with 9 hit out of 12 cannon, and I was bow-on. :(