Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Woodchip17

NEED SERIOUS HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM

13 comments in this topic

Question

Players
23 posts
7,239 battles

Since the last small Update (Oct 29 2019 – 154.62Mb) I have been having problems with WARGAMING.net

I started the update at around 23:30 on 29/10/19 let it run over night, by 08:00 the next morning it had only downloaded 55Mb said it had 99.56 Mb to download (even my dialup connection was faster back in the day)

Contacted Customer Support, and this is textually the answer I got;

I Quote

“Thank you for contacting the Wargaming Customer Support.


I sorry about the problem with game's update. First of all please make sure that you are running Game Center/ World of Tanks as administrator - > right click on icon and select option "Run as administrator".


You should run an integrity check of the game. If there is an issue, files will be repaired directly by the tool:


Clear whole content of the "Updates" folder in the game main direction. Default the path to it is C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Updates


I hope that those solutions will solve your issue. If not, then please send us WGCheck report. Here you can find article how to obtain this:
https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/articles/65/


If you have any other question about game, please write to us!


Kind regards, “End Quote

Apart from the fact that the replay I got was for World of Tanks (it’s obvious that Customer Support have no idea of the Difference between WoT and WoW, but that’s a minor point)

Did all of the above…. Still same problem… back to Customer support…. Second Reply

I Quote

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support!

We thank you for reaching us again.  We are sorry that you are having issues updating the game.  Rest assured that we will assist you in resolving this.

Please try to do the following steps for basic troubleshooting:

  1. Launch Game Center as an Administrator.

  2. Verify availability and access rights to the folder where Game Center has been installed.

  3. Check antivirus restrictions.

  4. Check the Internet connection.

  5. Restart your computer to clear the temporary files and active processes.

  6. Remove the game files from your system and reinstall.


 You can find more troubleshooting steps in this support article: Game Center: troubleshooter F.A.Q

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards, “End Quot

So after uninstalling the game completely, NOW I can’t Re-Install it because Wargaming .net has a problem. (Catch 22)

 

QUESTION: “Has anyone else had this kind of problem? “ If so how, did you fix it?

OR

QUESTION: “Is there any way that I can install the game without having to go through wargaming.net ?”  (and please don’t say use the STEAM version)

 

And YES, all Antivirus, Internet connection, cache, temp files or whatever other CHECKS were necessary have been done. The problem is Wargaming.net   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
[RBMF]
Moderator
847 posts
7,241 battles

Hello @Woodchip17,

                                     Thanks for the reply. Could you please try out the possible solutions that you will find here. Also have you tried installing the game through the classic launcher? You'll find it here if you haven't tried, at the top of the page under the "Download Game" button you'll find the option to download the classic launcher. Make sure you do not have the WGCenter installed when you install the classic launcher. Let me know how it goes. If the issue persists I'll happily look further into this for you.

 

Kind regards,

                       Minia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
1,064 posts
12 minutes ago, Woodchip17 said:

Since the last small Update (Oct 29 2019 – 154.62Mb) I have been having problems with WARGAMING.net

 

I started the update at around 23:30 on 29/10/19 let it run over night, by 08:00 the next morning it had only downloaded 55Mb said it had 99.56 Mb to download (even my dialup connection was faster back in the day)

 

Contacted Customer Support, and this is textually the answer I got;

 

I Quote

 

“Thank you for contacting the Wargaming Customer Support.


I sorry about the problem with game's update. First of all please make sure that you are running Game Center/ World of Tanks as administrator - > right click on icon and select option "Run as administrator".


You should run an integrity check of the game. If there is an issue, files will be repaired directly by the tool:


Clear whole content of the "Updates" folder in the game main direction. Default the path to it is C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Updates


I hope that those solutions will solve your issue. If not, then please send us WGCheck report. Here you can find article how to obtain this:
https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/articles/65/


If you have any other question about game, please write to us!


Kind regards, “End Quote

 

Apart from the fact that the replay I got was for World of Tanks (it’s obvious that Customer Support have no idea of the Difference between WoT and WoW, but that’s a minor point)

 

Did all of the above…. Still same problem… back to Customer support…. Second Reply

 

I Quote

 

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support!

We thank you for reaching us again.  We are sorry that you are having issues updating the game.  Rest assured that we will assist you in resolving this.

Please try to do the following steps for basic troubleshooting:

 

  1. Launch Game Center as an Administrator.

     

  2. Verify availability and access rights to the folder where Game Center has been installed.

     

  3. Check antivirus restrictions.

     

  4. Check the Internet connection.

     

  5. Restart your computer to clear the temporary files and active processes.

     

  6. Remove the game files from your system and reinstall.

     


 You can find more troubleshooting steps in this support article: Game Center: troubleshooter F.A.Q

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards, “End Quot

 

So after uninstalling the game completely, NOW I can’t Re-Install it because Wargaming .net has a problem. (Catch 22)

 

 

 

QUESTION: “Has anyone else had this kind of problem? “ If so how, did you fix it?

 

OR

 

QUESTION: “Is there any way that I can install the game without having to go through wargaming.net ?”  (and please don’t say use the STEAM version)

 

 

 

And YES, all Antivirus, Internet connection, cache, temp files or whatever other CHECKS were necessary have been done. The problem is Wargaming.net   

 

 

I guess your using some sort of mod pack which is making an issue,  From other online forums the solution appears to be removing the mod pack files from the base client.

 

Yes other people have had/ got the same issue, and have resolved it.

 

Try starting the game in " Safe Mode " 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
23 posts
7,239 battles

No Mod packs been used on this side. Vanila game here.

but thanks for your support Barracuda

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
23 posts
7,239 battles

Ohhh... and forgot to say... I uninstalled the game, thanks to some suggestion from a Customer support member.... and I can't INSTALL it any more thanks to this problem

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[RBMF]
Moderator
847 posts
7,241 battles

Hello,

          Sorry to hear you're not finding the support very helpful, you can find a support feedback thread here to let wargaming know of your experience.

 

Your download speed seems pretty bad according to your story but just to check can you run a speed test and let us know the results without posting private information please. It sounds to me like you potentially have a program eating away at your resources or perhaps security preventing the WG client from working correctly.

 

Are you using the WarGaming Game Center client? Make sure the WG client is not blocked by windows security, your firewall or anti-virus software. If you can't find an issue, remove all WarGaming files from your PC and re-install the Game Center Client with a fresh install and make sure you allow the program through windows security and other programs for it to run. You will have to find the appropriate folders in your program files to completely remove the data.

 

For the record can I also ask you details about your computer including the operating system and which version you are on.

 

Hope this offers a solution, if not feel free to get back to me and I'll do what I can to help.

 

Kind regards,

                       Minia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
23 posts
7,239 battles

Attention: MINIA

 

I know my Connection is not the best,

I am on a ADSL2 connection, the speed test I ran 5 times and gave me an average of  DL 6.9 Mb/s and UL 0.596 Mb/s

Yes I am using War Gaming Center Client..... No it is not blocked.

I have UNINSTALLED ALL WarGaming games (World of Warships, World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and also War Gaming Center Client) did a format of the partition where the games were installed.

Re Installed War Gaming Center Client.... when I try to Install World of Warships... it starts off by telling me that there are 28Gb to download.... and that's it (I have left it running overnight, in the morning.... 0 Mb of 28Gb has been downloaded)

 

My conclusion.... The problem is with War Gaming Center Client

 

As I mentioned before, this problem started when I wanted to do a simple 156Mb update....

I managed to do the 0.8.9 Update without any problems... so please explain what could have gone wrong in a week from the release of 0.8.9 to the small patch released on Oct. 29/2019

 

My Windows version is  Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (and it is up to date with all updates)

Thank you for your Help.

 

374368581_Screenshot(3).png.e49f7be6de9c38e6a8cf96369db89dbd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,646 posts
1,374 battles

@Woodchip17, the CS team needs to walk you through a set of steps. If they are not solving your issue, please reply to the ticket with your latest progress.

Error 22 means that you lack the permission to install something [in the chosen folder], which usually means you just need to launch it with admin rights (right-click onto the .exe file and select "Run as administrator").

 

If running it as admin does not help, please reply to your customer service ticket, instead of in a new topic in the forums. Players here can only help you in a similar way at first: By running you through the most common steps to fix the issue.

 

Please excuse the WoT-related link. The agent was already talked to. Luckily, the functionality of the WGCheck-program is identical for WoT and WoWs, so the guide is still fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
23 posts
7,239 battles

@CptMinia Thanks for your suggestion, the Classic Launcher SEEMS to be working (I will not sing Kumbaya YET) at least the game is downloading.... That was exactly what I was looking for, to

By-Pass the WARGAMING Game Center.

I will let you know if I can get in to my account and play ONCE the whole package is installed.

 

@Sehales I was not saying I had an ERROR 22..... I was referring to the saying CATCH 22 where things go round and round and round and never have a solution.

This is the Wiki definition of: Catch 22 " a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions. "

but thank you all the same, at least I found some helpful people who took the time to answer my plea, and came up with a work around..... Again a million thanks to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,646 posts
1,374 battles
12 minutes ago, Woodchip17 said:

@CptMinia Thanks for your suggestion, the Classic Launcher SEEMS to be working (I will not sing Kumbaya YET) at least the game is downloading.... That was exactly what I was looking for, to

By-Pass the WARGAMING Game Center.

I will let you know if I can get in to my account and play ONCE the whole package is installed.

 

@Sehales I was not saying I had an ERROR 22..... I was referring to the saying CATCH 22 where things go round and round and round and never have a solution.

This is the Wiki definition of: Catch 22 " a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions. "

but thank you all the same, at least I found some helpful people who took the time to answer my plea, and came up with a work around..... Again a million thanks to all.

I am sorry, but I have never heard of that. "Catching [an exception]" is a common term in programming... Well I guess you never stop learning new stuff.

 

Please note that the classic launcher will eventually be fully replaced by the game center. So I would recommend you still check yourself or with us what is causing the issue.

However, you can safely install and use the classic launcher and the game center at the same time, as long as you do not import the game into the game center.

Enjoy the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
23 posts
7,239 battles

@CptMinia

Your Suggestion worked like a dream.... I am back in the game and can play again, thanks to the time you took to help me with this problem, really appreciate it.

 

@Sehales

Who is going to refund me the 9 days of PREMIUM time that were deducted from my account.

It was not my fault that I could not log in to the game. The Wargaming Game Center client would not let me install the update, it is therefore their responsibility to refund me my lost days.

Seeing you are a WG Staff, I would appreciate you communicating this to them.

Thank you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[RBMF]
Moderator
847 posts
7,241 battles
11 hours ago, Woodchip17 said:

@CptMinia

Your Suggestion worked like a dream.... I am back in the game and can play again, thanks to the time you took to help me with this problem, really appreciate it.

You're welcome bud, but as Sehales says the WGCenter was designed to replace the classic launchers so instead of having seperate launchers for each game you have one hub managing all the games. So even though you've fixed the issue by using the classic launcher, you might some day be forced to go back to the WGCenter. So it would be fair to call this a temporary fix. But anyway, you can enjoy the game for now!

 

Kind regards,

                       Minia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×