You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

gaining coal

41 comments in this topic

Players
389 posts

Should WG add ways to gain coal by reaching a certain amount of XP per day ?

Like 100 coal for every 1000 or 2000 base XP  that can be repeated indefinetly ? I bought the jean bart and the salem but man it takes time to gain coal.

Idk something not too hard but not easy either.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SKRUB]
Players
550 posts
21,198 battles

Coal is not really hard to get right now.

If you increase the daily amount, you will also increase the prize tag at the end.

• Cool 4

Players
2,918 posts
16,651 battles

Contrary to anything else, steel and coal are time-gated ressources that cannot be freeling grinded by investing time =)

• Cool 3

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,996 posts
11,775 battles
3 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Like 100 coal for every 1000 or 2000 base XP  that can be repeated indefinetly ? I bought the jean bart and the salem but man it takes time to gain coal.

The most valuable currency depends on what ship is most sought after in the game and how it is players can get at it, i.e.whether coal, steel, doubloons or credits...it's relative. Right now for me it's coal I favour most, but a while back it was steel as I craved the Stalingrad. Oh, and by the way, Hooray SA rugby!

Players
311 posts
14,416 battles
10 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

The most valuable currency depends on what ship is most sought after in the game and how it is players can get at it, i.e.whether coal, steel, doubloons or credits...it's relative. Right now for me it's coal I favour most, but a while back it was steel as I craved the Stalingrad. Oh, and by the way, Hooray SA rugby!

Translated: you and all other want op Stalin aka steel, now all want op Smolensk aka Coal.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,239 posts
8,642 battles

Hello,

although I disagree with the idea of folks getting coal for base XP as the game economy would take another dive, one thing I do agree with is adding more daily containers. I don't play every day, but generally when I play I will easily get my 3 daily containers without a problem. I would certainly like to see the limit raised from 3 to say 5 or 6 daily containers. More coal and rewards for those like me who easily get the daily containers. Especially if you get rewards like this:

Spoiler

1239045909_worldofwarships2018-09-1420-10-50-82.thumb.png.80a10383bda2dfd367be399347256315.png

2017063165_worldofwarships2018-09-1421-29-27-19.thumb.png.e77ece5e59deff955b2dbdd51b2f8fa6.png

621641833_worldofwarships2018-09-1507-43-40-50.thumb.png.a617c5a28fa5546e5b3ee127b0ec268d.png

Kind regards,

Minia

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
9 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

You can use steel when purchasing coal item, which is way of getting coal rewards faster.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
12,352 battles
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You can use steel when purchasing coal item, which is way of getting coal rewards faster.

I was looking at buying the Thunderer (I have just over 201K coal at the moment) and looked to see if I had a coupon.   I was offered to trade 5K steel to make up the difference - as steel is harder to obtain for myself I decided against it.

While it would be nice to get more coal I agree that WG will just 'inflate' the cost of the items you can buy with that coal.

I've been lucky recently with the 'more resources' containers getting three loads of coal from a single container.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
247 posts
9,454 battles
13 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

You do realize this is a time gated resource? WG wants you to collect coal at a certain pace to get a certain amount of purchasing power per year. Increasing coal income would just increase the coal prices.

• Cool 1

Players
389 posts
39 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

You do realize this is a time gated resource? WG wants you to collect coal at a certain pace to get a certain amount of purchasing power per year. Increasing coal income would just increase the coal prices.

If you read my post you will understand that I DO realize it is time gated and i am proposing against it. Gaining a thunderer for example should take a tad more time than grinding a tier X ship from the tech tree.  Whereas you can use flags and camos to boost your XP, you are very limited when it comes to coal. Maybe it would even boost the server population since you give people are reason to be online. Right now its just shitty missions and people usualy play to open the containers and then leave the game.

WG can increase the coal income without editing the coal price per X ship. They can adjust the coal prices for flags but there is no need for farm for 4 months  for a Thunderer,

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
582 posts
11,656 battles
3 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

there is no need for farm for 4 months  for a Thunderer

Are you sure? If it was just a month or two, then what? WG can only release new ships at a certain rate.

Also, it's not a particularly slow way of getting a tier 10. This game doesn't need ways to fast-forward to tier 10.

On a personal level, I wouldn't mind having some nice coal ships in tier 8 or so. I don't really share the fascination with holy tier 10. :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,452 posts
15,753 battles

Hi all,

3 hours ago, Freyr_90 said:

Do you want inflation? Because that's how you get inflation 

Exactly! :Smile_honoring:

Right now the "Coal" is rather hard to get and it should be that way... :Smile_hiding:

The most persistent players can get around 60.000 per month - so it takes them 4 months for 1 "Coal Ship" (full price). :Smile_honoring:

The casual players, I estimate, get only about 20.000 - 30.000 per month and it takes them long long time for 1 "Coal Ship" (full price) - that's why the WG introduced 25% OFF coupon for ship purchase every 6 months... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 3

Players
311 posts
14,416 battles

Mate its not problem with coal gain but that they added too much items now, they added in last year Smolensk,Thunderer and Yoshino, i want it all 3 but combined cost of that 3 is more then 700k which is huge amount coal so i need to pick only one which is a change since i had all previus coal/free exp JB, Musashi, Missouri, Azuma, Alaska, etc. Same is with steel. They added too many ships in small time span.

[THESO]
Players
582 posts
11,656 battles
1 hour ago, Yamato942 said:

i want it all 3 but combined cost of that 3 is more then 700k which is huge amount coal so i need to pick only one

This game is all about patience, no? 

More seriously, the flip side of that coin is that you have choice. None of the coal ships are attractive to all players. Players have strong preferences to ship classes and nations. I don't think WG ever intended one player to get them all.

• Cool 2

Players
311 posts
14,416 battles
1 hour ago, asalonen said:

This game is all about patience, no? 

More seriously, the flip side of that coin is that you have choice. None of the coal ships are attractive to all players. Players have strong preferences to ship classes and nations. I don't think WG ever intended one player to get them all.

I just said that until this year it was that "one player get them all", i haved them all and i think the player should have them all if he invest time. The coal gain should be increased since number of ships in store are increased.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
23 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Daily resource containers are exactly that.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,590 posts
41,847 battles
2 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

I just said that until this year it was that "one player get them all", i haved them all and i think the player should have them all if he invest time. The coal gain should be increased since number of ships in store are increased.

Well i guess that WG also wants you to buy containers which sometimes can give coal in various amounts, directly or indirectly (by tokens and then choose boxes in some events)

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,996 posts
11,775 battles
13 hours ago, Panocek said:

Sure, but to do this would be very desperate or a result of incredibly poor self-discipline as both are very valuable in their own right, so to trade one for the other is lunacy. Only those pursuant toward instant-gratification would fall prey to this weakness of action.

Players
389 posts
15 hours ago, asalonen said:

Are you sure? If it was just a month or two, then what? WG can only release new ships at a certain rate.

Also, it's not a particularly slow way of getting a tier 10. This game doesn't need ways to fast-forward to tier 10.

On a personal level, I wouldn't mind having some nice coal ships in tier 8 or so. I don't really share the fascination with holy tier 10. :Smile_unsure:

On the contrary,most People can’t  keep up with the releases

15 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Exactly! :Smile_honoring:

Right now the "Coal" is rather hard to get and it should be that way... :Smile_hiding:

The most persistent players can get around 60.000 per month - so it takes them 4 months for 1 "Coal Ship" (full price). :Smile_honoring:

The casual players, I estimate, get only about 20.000 - 30.000 per month and it takes them long long time for 1 "Coal Ship" (full price) - that's why the WG introduced 25% OFF coupon for ship purchase every 6 months... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

Inflation doesn’t really work like that when there is no trade involved between players (such as MMORPGS). Coal ship prices are NOW artificially inflated.  The only justification and explanation for these ship prices is “cause WG wanted so” . There is no economics behind that. (There is for WGs bank accounts but the game itself has no real economy). They can make the coal ships easily accessible and nothing would happen to the economy since the entire tech tree X ships are easily accessible. This is purely talking about game economy.

wg owners want you to buy boxes which may or may not give you coal ofc but that’s their economy not the games’