Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skazda

how about a free roam mode

17 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
122 battles

is what this game missing in my view

a open world map which u can make bigger and bigger in future updates and giving us a free roam mode to drive arround  and attack or ignore other players  maybe add random quests at harbors to gain some extra money and AI ships and convois  etc and if we get destroyed our collected loot is gone if we not reached a harbor first and land back on lobby screen  just like the game "Star Conflict"  added in past

it used to be a team vs team game only  in beginning and later they added a free roam mode which i loving so much

• Cool 6

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,877 posts
11,968 battles

Imagine the fun with the Colorado at 20 knots... 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[SHAD]
Players
2,607 posts
11,653 battles

Have you tried the training room?

Just add a couple of bots but tell them not to fire and you have exactly what you ask for.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,089 posts
8 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

and you have exactly what you ask for.

no, and he does not want a new game mode, but a complete new game with a huge map...

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
122 battles

we ofc still can only choose one of the current ships we have it will give so cool mix of variants and battles on the open sea

Players
5 posts
122 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Klopirat sagte:

no, and he does not want a new game mode, but a complete new game with a huge map...

new game mode as selection on top  in this game not a new game

Star Conflict did the same by adding free roam mode of online players in open world galaxys

just here as ships on ocean

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,089 posts
4 minutes ago, Skazda said:

but it would be a complete new game, with using ships being the only connection to wows...

Players
5 posts
122 battles

it works perfect in Star Conflict  it added open world and ppl still use all other game / team modes

i dont know if will be bad here it just a suggestion i wish on my side

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
35 minutes ago, Skazda said:

Star Conflict did the same by adding free roam mode of online players in open world galaxys

I'm in all probability not understanding this but in space travel isn't there some fictional form of propulsion that artificially speeds up travel across galaxies? In WoWs we have conventional diesel or turbine engines that have a semi realistic performance level, so voyages across oceans could take days or weeks with nothing to do except polish your bell and grease your rollocks.

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

The game definitely needs some kind of direction,  why are the very mission/scenario based games restricted to one or 2 tiers, and why on some do you have to be in a division?,

Because the skill set is so poor these days, and MM and cvs remain broken playing a boring loss time and time again  is err boring.

Even the special seasonal scenarios have become repetitive, eg DD’s with auto guns and very fast torps.

Lets face it the game is better without cvs, I’ve lost track of the games where red ships couldn’t sink me but a cvs planes flew over and killed me in seconds, I’d like to see scenarios/ missions and even randoms to be skill based as per players PR in addition to all tiers being available and with the option of having cvs or not.

• Boring 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
23 minutes ago, 250swb said:

I'm in all probability not understanding this but in space travel isn't there some fictional form of propulsion that artificially speeds up travel across galaxies? In WoWs we have conventional diesel or turbine engines that have a semi realistic performance level, so voyages across oceans could take days or weeks with nothing to do except polish your bell and grease your rollocks.

I mean, you'd presumably shrink the game world down a little to make it playable, a la Assassin's Creed... but still

1 hour ago, Skazda said:

yes that is an entirely new game. So unless you have a few dozen million lying around to throw at Wargaming to even just cover the initial development costs, let alone running costs, I suggest you take a little dose of reality into consideration...

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,081 posts
11,131 battles
6 hours ago, Skazda said:

giving us a free roam mode to drive arround  and attack or ignore other players 

Sooooo.....random battles?

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,497 posts
18,963 battles
44 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Pretty much this. 

But a separate roaming mode might remove some casuals from the random queue, so plus one from for the idea.

Players
5 posts
122 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Tyrendian89 sagte:

I mean, you'd presumably shrink the game world down a little to make it playable, a la Assassin's Creed... but still

perfect sayd this is what i meant

there is many games who simulate a real world pitched closer together like "Man o war cossair, Tempest,  Assasins Creed

we dont need real hours to travel Oo

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Add a few premium tugboats, make a few biga$$ potrs, call the new mode "port commander" and viola, have fun moving 200+ships about. 

:Smile_trollface:

On the topic, for a free roam mode you would need a procedurally generated map in order to make it work, in my opinion, now Task force Admiral has that, and it looks awsome but for WoWs i dont think it would be possible. :cap_tea:

Players
133 posts
2,563 battles
1 hour ago, black_falcon120 said:

can you please not ban carriers in this mode? 

I sometimes want a mode I can just blow people up in with no consequences 

2 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Sign in to follow this