Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Dry Dock: Thunderer

16 comments in this topic

[-NYX-]
Players
178 posts
6,919 battles

isn't this the ship you have to re-do several tech-tree lines ( and loss lots of silver by doing so )
and re-pay lots of silver to get them beck?!!!
And spend lots of freeXP to faster progress.....

Whhahaha!
I know there actually exists players that made this expensive and boring move but personally I think this is a bad way of development.

Sorry,...
Just imagine there would be a real good ship only to be obtained by this robbery way....
That would really be something.

WG Team
134 posts
4,779 battles
29 minutes ago, ZWC said:

isn't this the ship you have to re-do several tech-tree lines ( and loss lots of silver by doing so )
and re-pay lots of silver to get them beck?!!!
And spend lots of freeXP to faster progress.....

Whhahaha!
I know there actually exists players that made this expensive and boring move but personally I think this is a bad way of development.

Sorry,...
Just imagine there would be a real good ship only to be obtained by this robbery way....
That would really be something.

No, Thunderer is available for 252,000 coal in the Armory. 

• Cool 2

[2PTS]
Players
90 posts
36,810 battles

yeah all noobs have tier9 and 10 ships 180 days of premium account left and iam out of here i hope you have fun i dont anymore noob player base gets on my nerves !!!!!!!!!!

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles

I would much rather WG had spent the resources making ships that actually existed like the Andria Doria. Of course they wouldn't be tier X money pits, so WG won't even consider them.:cap_money:

[-NYX-]
Players
178 posts
6,919 battles

5 hours ago, SeaSickOllie said:

No, Thunderer is available for 252,000 coal in the Armory. 

Oh , yes.
Thanks. I didn't felt the need to look it up..
Well this tier 10 for coal isn't wise seen the upcoming ships that might enter the "buy with coal" era.

1 hour ago, DarthDon49 said:

I would much rather WG had spent the resources making ships that actually existed like the Andria Doria. Of course they wouldn't be tier X money pits, so WG won't even consider them.:cap_money:

Yes. like I would love to get my STUKA's  back.... so a Strauser would be a fine tier 6 CV.

Players
20 posts
3,006 battles

Yeah yeah....W.G developers were deflated another Tier 10 BB with the lowest DPM!....I have it....has 457 cannons and in close combat CAN'T defeat a 152 mm Minotaur....or Worcester!!!!!!!

Minotaur...Worcester and now Smolensk are disaster for the game!

Αs long as you don't fix their balance,players leave your high tier battles...So..."developers",continue give to 11 years old players O.P shits like the 3 ships above...and we ll see in the future the results of your policy!!!!

• Bad 1

Players
8,185 posts
9,087 battles
56 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

Yeah yeah....W.G developers were deflated another Tier 10 BB with the lowest DPM!

It out dpms Yamato, Kremlin and Republique thanks to its silly short reload.

58 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

I have it....has 457 cannons and in close combat CAN'T defeat a 152 mm Minotaur....or Worcester!!!!!!!

If you cannot beat a Minotaur in Thunderer, that's on you, not the ship. 

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff
4,189 posts
4,347 battles
Před 14 hodinami DarthDon49 řekl/a:

Well, videos are made by different department, than the one, that is responsible for creating ships.

But as you suggested Andrea Doria, how exactly would you expect this ship to be possibly implemented into the game? Just your concrete suggestion to talk about. I don't want to raise any expectations, though :fish_glass:

Players
8,185 posts
9,087 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

Well, videos are made by different department, than the one, that is responsible for creating ships.

But as you suggested Andrea Doria, how exactly would you expect this ship to be possibly implemented into the game? Just your concrete suggestion to talk about. I don't want to raise any expectations, though :fish_glass:

Tech tree T4 BB, as built. 

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles
8 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Videos are made by folks on WG's payroll so yes, they DO use company resources. WG chooses where to allocate resources, so your argument is invalid.:Smile-_tongue:

As for the Andria Doria, she could be tier VI given the improvements the Italians made to her after what they learned from rebuilding the Cesare.:cap_look:

[4_0_4]
Players
7,605 posts
13,872 battles
10 hours ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

I have it....has 457 cannons and in close combat CAN'T defeat a 152 mm Minotaur....or Worcester!!!!!!

If a Mino got into CQC, you already made plenty mistakes. So it's not the ships fault, but your own.

10 hours ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

Αs long as you don't fix their balance,players leave your high tier battles...So..."developers",continue give to 11 years old players O.P shits like the 3 ships above...and we ll see in the future the results of your policy!!!

Salty about ships with actual AA? Considering you play mostly CVs?

Your highest silver BB is the SinOP. So you have zero experience in T10 BBs but buy one.

Amazing.

[WG]
WG Staff
4,189 posts
4,347 battles
Před 22 hodinami Sleepy_Bunny řekl/a:

Tech tree T4 BB, as built. 

Před 14 hodinami DarthDon49 řekl/a:

Videos are made by folks on WG's payroll so yes, they DO use company resources. WG chooses where to allocate resources, so your argument is invalid.:Smile-_tongue:

As for the Andria Doria, she could be tier VI given the improvements the Italians made to her after what they learned from rebuilding the Cesare.:cap_look:

You are absolutely right. WG really allocates company resources to plenty different departments to make the game running. The department, that creates ships is doing fine and of course has plenty stuff to do and create. Just imagine, that create one ship takes several months. Also it is important to have plenty contents with created ships to promote and engage. So that is why we make also this series, for you to have much better look on particular ships.

So which ship would you like to see in next Dry Dock episode?

Both suggestions makes sense, so would you prefer this ship to be on tier IV or on tier VI after modernization? What other ships would you suggest for those tiers instead?

Players
8,185 posts
9,087 battles
59 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

You are absolutely right. WG really allocates company resources to plenty different departments to make the game running. The department, that creates ships is doing fine and of course has plenty stuff to do and create. Just imagine, that create one ship takes several months. Also it is important to have plenty contents with created ships to promote and engage. So that is why we make also this series, for you to have much better look on particular ships.

Both suggestions makes sense, so would you prefer this ship to be on tier IV or on tier VI after modernization? What other ships would you suggest for those tiers instead?

T3 paper design

T4 Andrea Doria, pre-modernisation

T5 paper design

T6, Conte di Cavour, modernised

T7 Francesco Carraciolo design

T8 Vittorio Veneto

T9 and T10, paper designs

Reason for the T3 and T5 for paper designs is that the Dante Alighieri is too heavily armed for T3 and Conte di Cavour is better off as a non-OP version of GC at T6. With adjustments, it could fit onto T6, but Francesco Carraciolo as a 28 knot 4x2 15-inch gun design is perfectly serviceable at T7 with decent ammo, instead of T6 with WWI low pen ammo. If necessary, due to lack of designs, one could fit CdC at T5, FC at T6 and a paper design at T7. VV goes to T8 as peer of Bismarck, Richelieu, NC and Roma, T9 and 10 obviously would need to be some paper ships.

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles
9 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

If you have read any of my previous posts, you KNOW I don't want WG using ANY resources for videos. As for any ship lower than tier V, as long as WG refuses to have any meaningful missions for them why bother? (I've talked about that, too.)

Sign in to follow this