Hex_Trinity

My first 15-20 minutes playins WOWS

11 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1 battles

Saw it can be played on macOS, downloaded it and got into the game. Changed the graphics settings and the game went black, changed ports still black, I restarted game still black, changed graphics settings back to default, still black. Joined game to see if that would fix, nope still black. Quit the game and restarted then got a warning about unsporting play. Now I have a pink name and my game is still black. Uninstalled game.

Bye-bye. Great game by the way.  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
34 minutes ago, Hex_Trinity said:

Saw it can be played on macOS, downloaded it and got into the game. Changed the graphics settings and the game went black, changed ports still black, I restarted game still black, changed graphics settings back to default, still black. (...)

In Windows "black problem" started with latest patch. Some patches have different faults, but WG is fixing it with time. So wait a moment and give to game a second chance.

• Cool 1

Players
521 posts
1,647 battles

The Mac version is a bit clunky, just the windows compile running under a 'Special Version' of Codeweaver.

Runs (just) on my MacBook Pro but refused to work until patched after upgrading to Catalina.

If you can I would recommend running the Windows version in Bootcamp, likely to have better performance.

Players
10,041 posts
11,833 battles
20 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

So wait a moment and give to game a second chance.

Only to headbutt another wall, this time working as intended one - tier 4 carriers:Smile_trollface:

If WG is still determined to shoo shoo new players away, I don't intend on stopping them

[GURKA]
Players
5,299 posts
10,686 battles
22 hours ago, Hex_Trinity said:

Saw it can be played on macOS, downloaded it and got into the game. Changed the graphics settings and the game went black, changed ports still black, I restarted game still black, changed graphics settings back to default, still black. Joined game to see if that would fix, nope still black. Quit the game and restarted then got a warning about unsporting play. Now I have a pink name and my game is still black. Uninstalled game.

Leaving a running match is often punished in pvp games. It doesn't matter, what the reason is, because the game won't know, if the game crashed  or if it was by intention.

You could try to figure out, why your game is black and solve it. Contact the Support etc. The pink name is not that much of an issue

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

That's what you get for using "Mac" :Smile_teethhappy:

Seriously, just get PC and play it on an actual rig....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,575 posts
6,333 battles
On 11/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, Hex_Trinity said:

probably for the best, a mac wouldnt be able to handle this non-demanding game at any decent fps anyways.

• Cool 1

Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
On 11/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, Hex_Trinity said:

If you ever decide to reconsider, use someone's invite code for the extra loot! :Smile_coin:

Btw, you bring a fair point in that bugs can make people quit a game just as much as a game going bad can. Both can be equally smelly :cap_old:

[UNICS]
Players
1,351 posts
20,755 battles
On 11/1/2019 at 2:34 PM, Hex_Trinity said:

Saw it can be played on macOS

POS system

Players
1,737 posts
14,966 battles

Without even trying to get into a PC vs. Mac discussion, because those are just a waste of everyone's time, let me just tell you that I've probably been gaming longer than some people here have been alive, and if there's one constant - people that try to game on Macs because the games are "technically supported" pretty much always have issues like that. This is not isolated to World of Warships. For example, Elite Dangerous had a Horizons update some years ago that let you land on airless planets - on anything but a Mac, because instead of supporting universal stuff like OpenGL, Apple can't help themselves and make their own proprietary system that nobody uses or supports. You can find similar issues on pretty much any AAA game that got ported to MacOS. It's just not a gaming platform. At the end of the day the number of mac players is just too low to justify the expense of having the employees / work hours to maintain a properly working port, and most game developers that even make MacOS versions won't really do it properly. tl;dr - if you want to have a Mac, have one for work. If you want to game, get a PC (or a console if that's what floats your boat). You will *always* get issues with gaming on Macs.

• Cool 3