You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmokyButtons

Save Random battle mode

20 comments in this topic

Players
242 posts
3,801 battles

I have been feeling, and rapidly in last 6 monthe that random battle has more and frustrating and less fun especially in high tier! To the point ijust simply stopped playing, unless there are a special event like Halloween or ranked Sprint!

I don't know the fix but, I think a good way be to reduce number of players, maybe to 7? Like the last ranked Sprint?

That amazingly fun compared to random?

The would as make it easier to a better MM, maybe even a limited skill based one?

You fellow Sailor, Smokybuttons

• Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,907 posts
19,732 battles

Reducing the number of players would make matches even more frustrating as you become more reliant on teammates who are more often than not going to be incompetent.

Unless you play CVs ofc.

• Cool 4

Players
242 posts
3,801 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Reducing the number of players would make matches even more frustrating as you become more reliant on teammates who are more often than not going to be incompetent.

Unless you play CVs ofc.

You might be right 🤔😢 but I feel something has be done, the current state is no fun for anyone, good or bad players! 

And as find my self playing less and couse of it 😥

• Boring 1

[JUNK]
Players
35 posts
6,750 battles
12 minutes ago, SmokyButtons said:

You might be right 🤔😢 but I feel something has be done, the current state is no fun for anyone, good or bad players! 

And as find my self playing less and couse of it 😥

Why do you generalize your opinion? I enjoy random battles. I don't expect something special in it. It is what it is.

• Cool 2

Players
242 posts
3,801 battles
3 minutes ago, SriverFX said:

Why do you generalize your opinion? I enjoy random battles. I don't expect something special in it. It is what it is.

I hope some do, and yes my opinion will bias on my own experience, I all I know that so far 7 my freinds stopped playing, all with same reason, random sucks balls!

I agree you can have some fun matches sometimes, but I feel they are getting further between them, and very far in high tier 🤔

Players
2,900 posts

If the team sucks at start of game there's stronk chance they'll follow the same performance until the very end (usually its pretty quick so that's a +).  Up to about a couple of weeks back they rallied occasionally (or the other team tried to win harder) but this is over. Now everyone just gives up and this mentality catches up fast. My only disappointment is I'm not good enough to win those few close games when I face 4-5 opponents in the end. I mean I try but I usually fail. Or perhaps its the Lexi which I unlocked cuz reasons/ or I'm a bad motivator. I usually blame me for all stuff first but sometimes I feel like I'm only one trying.

Shout out to that sweet Z52 that followed me around all game, silent and comforting. Didn't fire a shot but held my hand as I burned to death in the end. It was very touching, ty :fish_cute_2:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,839 posts
20,233 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Unless you play CVs ofc.

With fewer players per team the average % of potatoes in the team should be a bit less influential...

Like... when in a 12 vs 12 I sink three enemies before I go down myself, there's still 9 left to sink the 11 potatoes I tried to carry... 'cause only two ships (= 81% of team still alive)

When I sink 3 enemies in a 8 vs 8 it's only 62% of the enemy team left. so chances are waaaay better for my assisting potatoes :)

Or, to make it just a statement: IMHO in a smaller team a good player - so not me - has better chances to carry a sack full of potatoes than in a 12 man team

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,174 battles
6 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Or, to make it just a statement: IMHO in a smaller team a good player - so not me - has better chances to carry a sack full of potatoes than in a 12 man team

and that is a reason why teams are 12 vs 12. So even the biggest potato will have some wins.

We all are waiting for a 1 vs 1 sprint. Makes me wonder how many people will blame team for the loss :D

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
24 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

and that is a reason why teams are 12 vs 12. So even the biggest potato will have some wins.

We all are waiting for a 1 vs 1 sprint. Makes me wonder how many people will blame team for the loss :D

if that happened there would be countless battles ending in a draw with no one spotted due to players sitting back :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
503 posts
1,616 battles

Threads like this have me convinced I must be on a different server to the bulk of the forum as I just don't see the same things.

Yes there are some 'less clued in players'; BBs sailing in straight lines after being hit by a DD, etc.

But, this last week I've mostly been top-tier in my Akizuki and have had long games which could've gone either way, had support from BBs which means a low damage score for me. And even found and sunk carriers! Nothing spectacular, just good long games.

Watching the minimap is entertaining, especially when 3 green BBs decide they all want the same island, which only really hides one......

So, laugh at your team's antics and then do your own thing and ?

:cap_popcorn:

Players
7,051 posts
245 battles
13 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Unless you play CVs ofc.

Its kinda both really, like in paladins since your a team of 5 your impact is massive and quite noticeable.

Also in retrospect your teammates also have a bigger impact on how well the team does overall more often than not.

But then this does all tie in with the game mechanics at hand, since they actually determine what is more useful or needed skill or luck.

24v24 would be an interesting prospect doe in this game (yes im aware of the pop jus saying smoll2azer).

‘W’

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles
13 hours ago, SmokyButtons said:

I have been feeling, and rapidly in last 6 monthe that random battle has more and frustrating and less fun especially in high tier! To the point ijust simply stopped playing, unless there are a special event like Halloween or ranked Sprint!

I dunno, but to me it sounds that maybe you just need a break?

Take a breather from WoWs for a few weeks, maybe find another game to play for a while, and let the aggravation sink down. Then come back and see if you can find the fun in the game again?

Players
133 posts
2,563 battles

I'll give you that - I consider X'er random to be a chore (I need to grind that module for my Hakuryu). I found my happy place at tier VIII at the moment - less camping and J10 investigations, more real tactical play where I can also make a difference.

[rant] And yes - if I see one more message along the lines "do we even have a cv here" when I'm actively melting between two Kremlins, two Smolensks and a Minotaur I'm gonna scream :P [/rant]

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles
14 hours ago, SmokyButtons said:

To the point ijust simply stopped playing, unless there are a special event like Halloween or ranked Sprint!

If you think about it, what that says is that you 're only playing where there are direct short term rewards. 

And that's what the game has become, really: a succession of short term sprints for resource goals. 

It's hardly surprising that more people choose to cut to the chase and do these things in ops and co-op, it's more honest, the games are quicker and less frustrating. The rewards are lower, but so is the stress. 

That means randoms become the playground of the high achieving and cash shop players. And the overall quality of randoms is reduced, meaning more people stop playing them.... And so on.

WGs recent design choices (CVs, Smolensk) certainly haven't helped. No-one wants to be farmed by these things, and they really do need to have a good long think about how these mistakes have been made and how they can be avoided. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,695 posts
15 hours ago, SmokyButtons said:

I hope some do, and yes my opinion will bias on my own experience, I all I know that so far 7 my freinds stopped playing, all with same reason, random sucks balls!

I agree you can have some fun matches sometimes, but I feel they are getting further between them, and very far in high tier 🤔

If you would of asked me 6 months ago, I would of said " why the hell would any one play " co-op

To-day I say " why the hell would any one play " Random"!

I have been a " mug " in this game, my game economy, game work load ( personal challenges ) are more more efficiently done in Co-Op. 

I am of the opinion the current random game, with out team logistics, is a total waist of time, and money ( signals and modules ) combined with the toxic verbal chat, the enjoyment of the mode is " Highly Unproductive ", and NOT Rewarding.

I agree in " The Real " uncontrolled world of Wargaming, WOWS is losing its " Popularity " we will never see the accounts  / sales department spread sheet, but I am sure WG know it is, hence new acquisitions,  exploration of possible game collaborations, by WarGaming.

Basically right now Random, is just not worth " The Agro "

There are solutions.

Regards

[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles

Imo its not only Randoms, everything is going down the drain...

- You cant even play Coop without hard carrying it

- Playing Operations alone didnt work for quite a while (even in a division with randoms added its a gamble). Best bet is to play with a group alone.

- Ranked doesnt need a special mention

- Even CBs have been giving me a bad taste lately, it started a while back with Henris being THE top choice. Then T8 was a DD desaster, and now we get the same on TX but with Klebers instead of Kievs.

Powercreep is destryoing the game imo (the need to ALWAYS get the newest crap) and the playerbase being totaly oblivious is not helping either.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
17 hours ago, SmokyButtons said:

I don't know the fix but, I think a good way be to reduce number of players, maybe to 7? Like the last ranked Sprint?

That amazingly fun compared to random?

The would as make it easier to a better MM, maybe even a limited skill based one?

You fellow Sailor, Smokybuttons

Random battle is a bad game experience by design - it is meant to be a frustrating experience.

Players
2,385 posts
15,466 battles
3 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Random battle is a bad game experience by design - it is meant to be a frustrating experience.

Precisely.

Bad Random Battle experience is there to frustrate players so they could engage in peaceful and relaxing Co-OP games! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1