You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ForlornSailor

Careful when researching next level event ships - it might just take your dubloons...

23 comments in this topic

Players
4,729 posts
8,441 battles

So, is that really necessary WG? You´d have to force us to free a port slot for the second/third level event ships?

Ofc I can NOT sell the first level ship (which somehow made it in my port, eventhough I did not have a free port slot).

What now? I need to sell one of my ships to be able to purchase the next level ship? And that how many times? Because there are 2 of each class that means I need to get rid of 6 ships in my port - or im forced to buy them for this temporary event.

gg WG you know how to make friends.

Bottomline: Dont klick too fast when you research next level event ships - you might just spend dubloons without wanting it!

unknown.png

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[THESO]
Players
652 posts
3,809 battles

Only if you dont have enough port slots, but yeah its dumb. Dont know why you need to use port slots for event ships

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,683 battles

Just wait until the event ends, WG might remove not only the event ship...:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 6

[HOTC]
Players
67 posts
464 battles
13 minutes ago, evergroy_lows said:

Halloween event pay to win confirmed :Smile_trollface:

What you just said would be acceptable only if you could keep the ship but you can't, after the end of Halloween you lose it :)

42 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Wut? :O :Smile-angry:

Unfortunately yes, this is what it is mentioned in the Tech Tree when you try to research it and you don't have empty slot for the ship. I hope soon we get an answer from WG about this.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,514 posts
6,728 battles

Let me get this straight, if you dont have free port slots, but you get the event ships, you get a auto doubloon deduction for the slot withought your consent!?? :Smile_amazed:

If that is the case, WG is saling into a squall here. :Smile_facepalm:

Correct me if i misunderstood anything. 

Players
0 posts
Vor 42 Minuten, Major_Damage225 sagte:

Let me get this straight, if you dont have free port slots, but you get the event ships, you get a auto doubloon deduction for the slot withought your consent!??

No, he's not talking about the initial event ships you get. He's talking about those higher tier event ships that you need to research first and "buy".

• Cool 1

[HOTC]
Players
67 posts
464 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Let me get this straight, if you dont have free port slots, but you get the event ships, you get a auto doubloon deduction for the slot withought your consent!?? :Smile_amazed:

If that is the case, WG is saling into a squall here. :Smile_facepalm:

Correct me if i misunderstood anything. 

What Kaleun_Harry mentioned above and no you don't get auto doubloon deduction for the slot without your consent, you have to click the "Yes" in order to deduct the amount from your account as it shows in the screenshot above.

Sorry for the bold, italic, underline and size of the words but I just wanted to point that out ^_^

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,514 posts
6,728 battles
1 hour ago, Ruruni said:

What Kaleun_Harry mentioned above and no you don't get auto doubloon deduction for the slot without your consent, you have to click the "Yes" in order to deduct the amount from your account as it shows in the screenshot above.

Sorry for the bold, italic, underline and size of the words but I just wanted to point that out ^_^

Cool thnx, i haven played the event so i dont know first hand whats it like :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
4,729 posts
8,441 battles
3 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

But what will happen if you play with one ship, the one you received? 

Nothing, then all is fine.

Weekend Tester
682 posts
7,354 battles
13 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

I didn't touch the twilight yet.

But what will happen if you play with one ship, the one you received? @ForlornSailor

You get pitched against Tier 10 enemies, and thus have shorter and less productive games...

Beta Tester
2,639 posts
2,856 battles
2 hours ago, cracktrackflak said:

You get pitched against Tier 10 enemies, and thus have shorter and less productive games...

But the first ship you receive is also a tier 10, right? At least, that destroyer I played last evening, the one with a lawnmower in front, was said to be modelled on the Gearing...:fish_book:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
3,430 posts
3,143 battles

Greetings, captains and happy Halloween!

We hope you enjoy the new event and various rewards as signals, coal, Free XP and opportunity to get camos for tier VIII, IX and X ships.

We know that some of you are upset with the necessity to have free slots in port for event ships.

Please take our sincere apology for the inconvenience - this is how ‘tech tree’ ships currently work. As of now, we have no ability to change it, but we will certainly consider this case for the next events with temporary ships.

As a token of appreciation, we’re happy to announce that the slots for the first three ships (Steel Lancet, Rust Nightfall, and Maverick) will stay with you after the event will end. And, of course, slots for other events ships won’t be removed from your accounts.

Good luck and fair seas!

• Cool 10
  • Bad 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,134 posts
7,773 battles
4 hours ago, cracktrackflak said:

thank you.

well, i' m in the same situation as the Op is in.

I have to see how it develop

I'm not going to sell any ship of my port.

but, the thing is.

after 14 th November my main goal will not be filth or anything like that, it will be Rasputin for the elite XP I can milk out of him.

But from what I understood, the players have to gang up on him.

It's that doable with the ships we received?

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,233 posts
6,552 battles
3 hours ago, Procrastes said:

But the first ship you receive is also a tier 10, right? At least, that destroyer I played last evening, the one with a lawnmower in front, was said to be modelled on the Gearing...:fish_book:

Although they are modelled after tier X ships, the abilities is what sets them apart.

For example, the maverick (starting BB) has 2 abilities: heal (itself) and 90% reduce damage (itself).

The scorpoid (second BB) has 2 abilities: heal (itself + all team mates nearby) and 100% reduce damage (itself and all team mates nearby).

Clearly the second BB is better.

• Cool 1

Players
4,729 posts
8,441 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

It's that doable with the ships we received?

Well - Its not easy. While the second level ships dont have that much more firepower across the board, they get insane teambuffs. A permanent heal, faster reload for all armaments, other means of healing yourself or your teammates... As @Xevious_Red mentioned above aswell, they simply are better and make everything easier.

3 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

As a token of appreciation, we’re happy to announce that the slots for the first three ships (Steel Lancet, Rust Nightfall, and Maverick) will stay with you after the event will end. And, of course, slots for other events ships won’t be removed from your accounts.

Thanks for adressing the issue Tanatoy. Thats actually a very fair solution, personally im happy with that so thumbs up! :cap_like:

[L4GG]
Players
2,134 posts
7,773 battles
46 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Well - Its not easy. While the second level ships dont have that much more firepower across the board, they get insane teambuffs. A permanent heal, faster reload for all armaments, other means of healing yourself or your teammates... As @Xevious_Red mentioned above aswell, they simply are better and make everything easier.

Thanks for adressing the issue Tanatoy. Thats actually a very fair solution, personally im happy with that so thumbs up! :cap_like:

well I just come back from my first 3 try-outs.

1 I didn't get it, I died

2 I did get it, I died by torp soup

3 I did get solo, what I didn't got is to exit but nevertheless

the Twilight is kinda meh, fun wise but all I got to do is to sink one ship, the times I spawn in the wrong place will be a problem... or not because I don't go for oil so I must be a low priority target.

my third try (with hotel something signal 50% commander XP)  XP wise is more or less equal to Saving Transylania or Sunray in the darkeness 3 stars, so it will do.

you were right. All is fine.

It's not that hard, doing it solo between 11 and 13 km away, dodging shells and I must be out of torp range. And it's way more relaxing that Halo ops, I just have to do a single task.

shot-19_11.01_15.06_11-0457.thumb.jpg.12c20e4d8a6a2a97e6ba944eb29795ef.jpgshot-19_11.01_15_06.19-0011.thumb.jpg.eeccadcfaebff4c8dd5d26b102ff43c4.jpgshot-19_11.01_15_06.29-0310.thumb.jpg.93c9c52f423a21428e534ccfb08c58bc.jpg

[SRW]
Players
607 posts
5,154 battles
6 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Greetings, captains and happy Halloween!

We hope you enjoy the new event and various rewards as signals, coal, Free XP and opportunity to get camos for tier VIII, IX and X ships.

We know that some of you are upset with the necessity to have free slots in port for event ships.

Please take our sincere apology for the inconvenience - this is how ‘tech tree’ ships currently work. As of now, we have no ability to change it, but we will certainly consider this case for the next events with temporary ships.

Good luck and fair seas!

I might be mistaken but didn't we have similar events before where port slots were coming with each 'special ship' purchased with XP?

And then the slot being removed once the event ends and the ship goes away?