Lucius_Ning

Are WoWs API no longer updated?

3 comments in this topic

Question

[LIDGE]
Players
30 posts
7,052 battles

My question concerns https://developers.wargaming.net. This site provides APIs I use to develop a small offline database.

Since 2018, nothing has changed, the extracts do not show the latest updates:

-CV rework 
-AA update 
-SAP shells

Will they be implemented in a near future?

Is there a chance that some missing fields will be implemented too Like:

-Sigma for main and secondary 
-HE pen 
-Detailed battle result (second tab at the end of a battle) 

• Cool 1

2 answers to this question

[THESO]
Players
491 posts
9,263 battles

I looked into the API recently and also noticed that the data returned by for example ship parameters method is not up to date. I asked around, and evidently WG stopped updating the API somewhere in 2018. It doesn't include anything for CV rework for example.

What wowsft.com and the like do these days is using the game client files as the data source. The game parameter file can be converted to for example JSON (see this and the following message). It's not user friendly in the least since each ship has around 10 thousand parameters. Different shells and their properties are stored as separate objects since they are shared between ships.

I would just use wowsft.com since it does the dirty work for you? You can get sigma and HE penetration for example. 

Battle results are only stored by the game client as long as it runs, so I don't think you can get them.

• Cool 1

[LIDGE]
Players
30 posts
7,052 battles
2 hours ago, asalonen said:

What wowsft.com and the like do these days is using the game client files as the data source. The game parameter file can be converted to for example JSON (see this and the following message). It's not user friendly in the least since each ship has around 10 thousand parameters. Different shells and their properties are stored as separate objects since they are shared between ships.

I would just use wowsft.com since it does the dirty work for you? You can get sigma and HE penetration for example. 

Battle results are only stored by the game client as long as it runs, so I don't think you can get them.

Wows API are in JSON and not user-friendly neither but I can handle it.  Using wowsft is not a solution as I also use this information to monitor battles:  the available matchmaking monitors do not give the informations I think relevant, i.e. ships HP, range, concealment, radar range,...

I'll take a look at the link you gave.

Concerning battle results, I export the information from MXSTATS and relate it to the monitoring tool I have.  It gives extended data for each match I play.

After all API are a sherry on the cake given by WG.  We can't force them to update it if they do not want to but I would be really grateful if they did...