Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapteinSabeltann

A little halloween event salt

14 comments in this topic

Players
189 posts
7,357 battles

So I'm a little frustrated. I realize that the event is by now an old concept. There are no guides or anything at the top of the forums and ppl seem to just jump in the ships and go knowing nothing and caring even less. And I get it; it's not competitive and it's not prestigous - it's just a fun PvE event. But do ppl HAVE to play THIS badly? I'm not even going to bother about the t3 event. It's so easy you are bound to at least get one 5-star result. But looking at the T8 event:

Most ppl seem to have no clue about how the abilities of their ships work and all it takes is 30 seconds spent in harbour just READING the ability description. I see ppl die SO fast, and all the ships in the T8 event is designed for longevity and have abilites that let them mitigate damage and heal. So what gives?

DD: can heal in filth, can be immune to targeting and can do 80 knots (IIRC) when it wants. It can hit and run, it can go immune to damage and it can heal while in the filth!!

Cruiser: has the largest range, huge damage potential, when you have crossed your first damage treshold for your abilities all but a instagank is trivial. You heal off your damage and its incredibly poweful. So you don't die - you should last really long if you use your abilites

BB: Short range, but if you spec the secondaries they will basically work constantly doing 80-100k alone, you can be immune to damage when you need it (torps etc) and your heal is a TEAM AURA HEAL. So not only can you heal yourself but everyone else too.

When I see a friendly full health bb, next to an almost dead friendly bb and he elects to not turn on the heal to save his mate, but rather watch him die to save a heal he doesn't even need himself it makes me cringe. There is TWO battleships left on the team and you sit in yours and let the other one die so now we have one.  Really...

And that leads to game where I do just short of 600k damage and 11 sinkings in a cruiser and we end up with NO stars. ZERO, NULL, NADA, NIL. See pics for proof. it's just... Why do you even play, it can't be fun do do this badly... And I made mistakes in this game but by then it was allready over.

cmon1.jpg

cmon2.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
6 posts
1,132 battles

I'm with you on this, even had one with 612k dmg done and yet somehow still a failure. It's really not hard AT ALL yet some are so braindead they probably have to concentrate so they dont drown whilst drinking.

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
344 posts
16,575 battles

I'm frustrated, disappointed and bored from situation, when our glorious WG invests and wastes enormous human potential (programmers, designers etc)., time and money for creating of these "filth" events and pseudooperations instead work on new interesting scenarios with normal ships situated in WWI-WWII era oceans... Majority of old PvE operations is still missing, new are only wet dream. Pity, sad... :(

• Cool 5

[L4GG]
Players
2,135 posts
7,773 battles
7 hours ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

So I'm a little frustrated. I realize that the event is by now an old concept. There are no guides or anything at the top of the forums and ppl seem to just jump in the ships and go knowing nothing and caring even less. And I get it; it's not competitive and it's not prestigous - it's just a fun PvE event. But do ppl HAVE to play THIS badly? I'm not even going to bother about the t3 event. It's so easy you are bound to at least get one 5-star result. But looking at the T8 event:

yes, I really need it.

Saving Transylvania (normal mode) easy? Are you sure about that? Cause I'm not.

7 hours ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

Most ppl seem to have no clue about how the abilities of their ships work and all it takes is 30 seconds spent in harbour just READING the ability description. I see ppl die SO fast, and all the ships in the T8 event is designed for longevity and have abilites that let them mitigate damage and heal. So what gives?

DD: can heal in filth, can be immune to targeting and can do 80 knots (IIRC) when it wants. It can hit and run, it can go immune to damage and it can heal while in the filth!!

Cruiser: has the largest range, huge damage potential, when you have crossed your first damage treshold for your abilities all but a instagank is trivial. You heal off your damage and its incredibly poweful. So you don't die - you should last really long if you use your abilites

BB: Short range, but if you spec the secondaries they will basically work constantly doing 80-100k alone, you can be immune to damage when you need it (torps etc) and your heal is a TEAM AURA HEAL. So not only can you heal yourself but everyone else too.

When I see a friendly full health bb, next to an almost dead friendly bb and he elects to not turn on the heal to save his mate, but rather watch him die to save a heal he doesn't even need himself it makes me cringe. There is TWO battleships left on the team and you sit in yours and let the other one die so now we have one.  Really...

And that leads to game where I do just short of 600k damage and 11 sinkings in a cruiser and we end up with NO stars. ZERO, NULL, NADA, NIL. See pics for proof. it's just... Why do you even play, it can't be fun do do this badly... And I made mistakes in this game but by then it was allready over.

cmon1.jpg

cmon2.jpg

sorry but your screenshots are nothing new .

And yeap.

cruisers that don't use the radar, BBs that don't heal, and I don't know what dds are doing.

May seem easy. protect the Transylvania and the second tower, sink Rasputin and wait for Gorgon but the team goes after all kinds of things, often half of the team is already dead just before or during the attack of the third tower... oh well...

[L4GG]
Players
2,135 posts
7,773 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Kammerer said:

I'm frustrated, disappointed and bored from situation, when our glorious WG invests and wastes enormous human potential (programmers, designers etc)., time and money for creating of these "filth" events and pseudooperations instead work on new interesting scenarios with normal ships situated in WWI-WWII era oceans... Majority of old PvE operations is still missing, new are only wet dream. Pity, sad... :(

yeah, but taking a break of all of that is nice too, plus the elite xp.

When I get back to normal, + - one  month from now, will be hard to get back to vanilla ships again.

Smolesnk who? Colbert what?shot-19_10.20_17_42.26-0935.thumb.jpg.8a2c65feb697eb44a556d969000b37cb.jpg

Players
2,072 posts
10,962 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Kammerer said:

I disagree with what you said. Tbh i think WG use the guise of the halloween scenarios and other seemingly wacky non WW events to test out various concepts they have in mind. I mean the last halloween event had submarine warfare. Isnt it kinda obvious?

But going by what you said i guess they succeed in throwing ppl off i guess :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
4,041 posts
7,579 battles
7 minutes ago, pra3y said:

I disagree with what you said. Tbh i think WG use the guise of the halloween scenarios and other seemingly wacky non WW events to test out various concepts they have in mind. I mean the last halloween event had submarine warfare. Isnt it kinda obvious?

Can you think of any scenario concepts that've made it into the game?

Players
2,072 posts
10,962 battles
3 hours ago, Capra76 said:

Fine fair enough, Max was talking in particular on scenarios and not other stuff.

However i would say subs are incoming :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
559 posts
10,078 battles

There is a good reason why you can make this scenarios as a team, so you do not need to go with some random people.

Just take your friends and play with them.

Here problem solved.

OP your screenshot is showing that it would be a one star if it would be won. As in all operations, no win no star.

[ALYEN]
Players
1,020 posts
2,671 battles
7 hours ago, Capra76 said:

rings of saturn - epicenter modification ... moving storms ... that's just two I can remember without thinking about it ...

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,233 posts
6,552 battles
10 hours ago, Capra76 said:

The original halloween mode was the precursor to operations mode - it was the first "scenario" that involved a bespoke map, and scripted AI appearances.

The forts in it were the test for the forts that were used in that mode (name escapes me) where contesting points gave you an automated fort. (Subsequently removed after mass complaints)

One of the scenarios had the test of a squadron of fighters circling above CV instead of actively flying

As @Hugh_Ruka said the weather systems were done first in halloween/april fools, along with the reworked epicentre.

Subs were a test that are now in beta testing for joining the main game.

The torp joust introduced main guns as secondaries, which was subsequently used for rogue wave and some ships in twilight battle. While this doesn't seem to have made it into the main randoms, now seems a staple for the "fun" events

• Cool 3

Players
1,298 posts
7,605 battles

Usually I prefer to use the bb. I maxxed out the secondaries and sometimes I do as much damage with them as the main guns.
I activate the heal even if I'm full HP, so I can heal others (or even the four bot ships, mainly repair Transylvania´s damage).

When Rasputin appears I ram him with the shield. And then, if there are enough of us, I go after the Gorgon and ram him as well. If not, then I fall back towards the second tower to defend it.

Players
189 posts
7,357 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 1:49 AM, Butterdoll said:

sorry but your screenshots are nothing new .

I never said that they were, they were just included as illustration - not sure why you are sorry about that. However I do think that ZERO stars in a game with about 600k and 11 kills is an outlayer. Losing is one thing but this is losing harder. it's MLG losing. It's actually a little impressive. So screenshots...

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,135 posts
7,773 battles
1 hour ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

I never said that they were, they were just included as illustration - not sure why you are sorry about that. However I do think that ZERO stars in a game with about 600k and 11 kills is an outlayer. Losing is one thing but this is losing harder. it's MLG losing. It's actually a little impressive. So screenshots...

Was a figure of speech or I meant using it in that way.

I get you.

a game which is a defeat despite one player doing 10 or 11 kills, and high damage numbers it's sinks harder to that said player.

For me at least is.

If that guy kills much more ships than the others ,that doesn't necessary  means that is a lot better or better player than the rest of the team, but can indicate that during that battle had a more intense workload than the others (e.g. shoot a ship, put it on fire, RP is activated, switch to other ship, put it on fire, rp is activated, shoot again the first ship, putting 2 or 3 fires on it, switch to the second ship, put 2 or 3 fires, and so on...)

By the end the effort used into it doesn't pay off.

Now do it 5,6 times and all that guy gets is mixed results at best.

yesterday I played some Saving Transylvania, the last two games were two 0 star defeats, I didn't get 1500 elite XP, I did 1 twilight sunk 3 ships + Rasputin, I returned with 0 filth.

5k elite XP, and it was much less stressful.

Sign in to follow this