You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
evergroy_lows

Twilight battles

134 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
2,345 posts
8,697 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

Gives access to bundels that drop coal (up to 3k per bundle) and a T8, T9 and/or T10 permanent camouflage.

As far as I've heared, div up, nuke rasp, get 2.5k (in that neighbourhood) BXP 

Thank you.

Bonus XP?

that will be a problem.

I've got very few special flags remaining.

Saving Transylvania

And I just spent two each in my two first games, today. so I dismounted them, my last two games just now 5 stars victories (no special flags), so...

your avatar suite me  perfectly .:Smile_teethhappy:

[THESO]
Players
746 posts
12,406 battles

Well it would appear that negotiating a truce was much easier in the PT-server than now. Butthen again PT- people are more involved in the game and do supposedly reflect their actions more than the potato yeoman.

It's so unfortunate. I just had to fight my way through an enemy team and we lost all our ships and the enemy lost all ships but a DD already packed with 500 filth. So we lost 800 filth, the enemy lost 2 ships with 400 filth and the remeining DD could not carry the loot. You gotta ask yourself what's the point of this unnecessary PvP madness. That we all go home with less loot and just spend our flags. We lose, WG wins.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DEGC]
Players
4 posts
6,587 battles

the truce most of the time is not working (well.. atleast for me) i have played alot of games already.. and none managed to hold the truce.. 

well.. it could once.. the truce managed to hold a long time.. but after attacking Rasp and 1 group got all its filth.. 

and we ended up betraying group (that was carrying nearly 2900 filth...) just before the gate, by ambushing the last guy and stealing 1000 filth.. so we ended up with 1780 filth... 

if your team has 2900 filth and the other teams have around 800 or less.. would you think it will last? :D

Replay of the betrayal: https://replayswows.com/replay/68731#stats

5,238 posts
9,863 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

That we all go home with less loot and just spend our flags.

Or not bother with it at all ... at least, if you're out for maximum filth (and thus a T10 permanent camouflage).

A good idea not 100% thought through ... oh well ... isn't the first time this happened.

• Cool 1

Players
5,409 posts
9,340 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

You gotta ask yourself what's the point of this unnecessary PvP madness. That we all go home with less loot and just spend our flags. We lose, WG wins.

Its a test mate. Checking, how intelligent the playerbase is. Like this one:

And now the conclusion: Playerbase failed. Literally 2 Monkeys are smarter then this community! And im not even joking....

• Funny 5

Players
86 posts
8,957 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 7:37 PM, Gebe_ said:

For me the fun is in getting as much filth as possible while killing as many players as possible.

Have fun then. FYI, so far I only played in a division and every time we ran into another team that didn't respect the truce, we went Negan on their a$$es: killed the offending player and convinced the rest to help us with Rasputin and share the booty. 

• Cool 3

[L4GG]
Players
2,345 posts
8,697 battles

Just now, while I was sinking a crocoBB I was surprised by three human dds of the same team I quickly pressed P and hold my fire, we crossed ways, they went one way I went after Rasputin.

It helped having my cargo hull empty.

People are there to collect and they will bypass Rasputin. often I end up alone with Rasputin and his minions,

killing Rasputin it's not that hard, the difficult part is getting back to the portal and pass through it. 

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
746 posts
12,406 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

And now the conclusion: Playerbase failed. Literally 2 Monkeys are smarter then this community! And im not even joking....

:Smile_teethhappy:It's painfully funny and true. It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Bart tested if his father was smarter than a ... was it a squirrel? Well, we got lots of Homer Simpsons it would appear.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,452 posts
14,628 battles

Best (PvP) game mode WG has come up with since Arms Race. Love it. 

Brawling and farming to begin with, then diplomacy, bluff or outright piracy at the end.

Sometimes a truce, sometimes Rasputin farming, sometimes raising the JR or being set upon by pirates and having to brawl your way out.

I prefer it to random battles.

36 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

People are there to collect and they will bypass Rasputin. often I end up alone with Rasputin and his minions,

killing Rasputin it's not that hard, the difficult part is getting back to the portal and pass through it. 

You solo rasputin with Croco without the Khabarovsks farming you right back? Holy crap, respect mister.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,345 posts
8,697 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

You solo rasputin with Croco without the Khabarovsks farming you right back? Holy crap, respect mister.

the minions don't do jack but running around, the biggest danger is Rasputin, a lot of incoming shells, but as long one don't become greedy, have situational awareness to not let be surrounded or going in torp range it's a lot easier than Saving Trans or Sunray. (for many reasons)

the hardest part is like I said, getting back.

And it's not with Croco, it's with the cruiser. So, not as respectable as it may sound.

• Cool 1

Players
1,246 posts
8,415 battles
5 hours ago, Rockslide said:

the truce most of the time is not working (well.. atleast for me) i have played alot of games already.. and none managed to hold the truce.. 

well.. it could once.. the truce managed to hold a long time.. but after attacking Rasp and 1 group got all its filth.. 

and we ended up betraying group (that was carrying nearly 2900 filth...) just before the gate, by ambushing the last guy and stealing 1000 filth.. so we ended up with 1780 filth... 

if your team has 2900 filth and the other teams have around 800 or less.. would you think it will last? :D

Replay of the betrayal: https://replayswows.com/replay/68731#stats

Listen, there is no truce. I tried it by staying hidden till the end. There were a couple of dudes in every game camping the exit to kill low health, fat in filth (pardon the expression) pve guys. Unless you go there knife in teeth you will be slaughtered and that's the truth in 80% of the games. This mode has brought pve and pvp people to play in the same arena and the results are telling. The pve guys are the best looters and pvp guys the best pirates. It is fun, but can be aggravating for the trustworthy/honorbound pve crowd. So be prepared.

PS: I noticed some "killing" high level (ships/skill) divisions do the same thing. Perhaps the sorry state of randoms brought all the 'wise' guys there and I'm sorry for it. I also attest here that I will shoot you on sight or torp when you're not lookin cuz it is instinctive :fish_haloween:

[L4GG]
Players
2,345 posts
8,697 battles
4 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

There were a couple of dudes in every game camping the exit to kill low health, fat in filth (pardon the expression) pve guys.

that actually isn't a bad idea.

One guy of each team camping near the portal, to guard the exit for the other players, to keep the route open, while the other 3 (one of each team) collect the filth, the remaining 3 will go jump on the bastard.

And I'm prepared.

I will not turn my guns on a human player in this mode.

WG has to find it's own bots to do it.

PVP is ok

PVE is ok

The mix of both is not ok

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,620 posts
7,606 battles
On 10/30/2019 at 4:34 PM, Sugertukas said:

This mode proves how stupid wows playerbase is.

How many battles you need to do to realize shooting human players will not benefit neither them neither YOU?

Monkeys would understand quicker.

Looks like you must've met me and my division. We go straight for rasputin just about every time. If we meet any players we demolish them and if we don't meet any, we don't care much anyway.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
186 posts
4,415 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 5:39 PM, Allied_Winter said:

Fair enough. This game mode is open for all rule abiding players. The problem: 

Source

In short: If you don't shoot other human players and instead work together, then both of you would get much more filth extracted than by going on a solo warrior rampage. 

And isn't that why most players play this mode? To get a chance to farm enough filth to get a T10 permanent camouflage?

You actually get less filth if you team up.

You div up and take rasputin. He will barely fill the 2700 - there certainly isn't enough filth to have 3x 2700. I already finished the grind yesterday for all 3 permas and never did use the truce and at no point could I have gotten more either. When we succeeded we were full anyhow.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
136 posts
7,800 battles
11 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

You gotta ask yourself what's the point of this unnecessary PvP madness. That we all go home with less loot and just spend our flags. We lose, WG wins.

The point of PvP is fun. 

You can keep telling yourself these funny things like "I get less filth because other players are dumb". You know, the usual - repeat it a 100 times and it becomes true.

Meanwhile my team keeps coming back with 2k filth after 15 minutes of PvP fun. I wouldn't even touch this mode if it was a coop boredom fest.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
136 posts
7,800 battles
3 minutes ago, Pappus said:

You div up and take rasputin. He will barely fill the 2700 - there certainly isn't enough filth to have 3x 2700. I already finished the grind yesterday for all 3 permas and never did use the truce and at no point could I have gotten more either. When we succeeded we were full anyhow.

QFT

I got my t8 and t9 camos on the first day after 7 or 8 battles. Probably because I am dumb and PvP gives much less filth. :kappa:

Beta Tester
2,772 posts
3,071 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 4:48 PM, Allied_Winter said:

You can always suggest that at the begining of a game. So far it worked ... 3 out of 8 times? And even if you and some other guy agree on a truce, there's no guarantee, that a) your team will follow it (some may not even be proficient in the english language) and b) some will agree for a truce, wait at the gate and slaughter anybody down that wants to exit (for easy filth).

This is more or less how it seems to work out, yes.

The biggest problem with maintaining a truce is that unless you're in a division, there's no guarantee that your own team will keep it. They might not even accept it to begin with, which is certainly within their right.

The next biggest problem with maintaining a truce - of a more technical nature - is that for that to work, you must remember to press 'p'. If you don't, your secondaries - and in the case of destroyers, your main guns - will automatically open up on any and all red team members that are spotted. And good luck trying to explain that, and apologize, in the middle of a torpedo soup showdown outside the portal! It's kind of like that scene where the nerdy cowboy accidentally fires his Colt in the middle of a saloon packed with gunfighters and bounty hunters.... not a picture of harmonious tranquility. :fish_boom:

The best way of getting some kind of cease-fire into effect, is probably to  type "TRUCE? - press p?'" in chat, and then press p yourself and just hope for the best as you get near the portal. I tried it last time and at least one in my team was with me on this - but still, the bullets started flying. I kept my guns turned off, hid behind a rock just outside the portal while the torpedoes were streaming by, and then dashed through without looking back. I left a lot of hurt feelings behind, I tell you - and I couldn't even type an explanation in chat!

What I will do in my forthcoming Twilight Filth Quests, is to take the Mythos Philosopher's view. I will do my best to work for a truce or at least a cease-fire, but I won't expect much in the way of success. I will regard my losses as a tribute to the Twilight Gods of War, and look upon any successful portal sortie as a unexpected gift of bounty.

Best of luck on the Dark Seas of Halloween, fellow forumites!

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[BAD-A]
Players
519 posts
8,230 battles

Yeah - totally prepared to have a truce - until the first shots are fired!  Thing is you just can't trust that people will hold to a truce they've agreed to!

• Cool 1

Players
70 posts
1,877 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 3:25 PM, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Twilight Battles put an unfortunate damper on a very successful history of banning griefers from the game. From what I have seen it's a prime opportunity for any [end of the male sex organ] to gain joy from sabotaging other players legitimate effort in a game mode that allows for no-brainer win-win-situations.

That is imo an ungainly step into the wrong direction. There is no rationale in going PvP in this game mode, if you do the math.

Yep, right on Kilinowski, no rationale in going in PvP in this game mode, but proposing to work together in chat will get you chatbanned, like me! Why? I don't know, or at least, I can't come up with a better reason for chatbanning me other than that WG didn't like me proposing working together with other players so we can take all the Filth we can get...and thereby making it easier for F2P players (like I WAS) to get a few days of premium time for free.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,772 posts
3,071 battles
33 minutes ago, Bad_Mojo_incoming said:

Yep, right on Kilinowski, no rationale in going in PvP in this game mode, but proposing to work together in chat will get you chatbanned, like me! Why? I don't know, or at least, I can't come up with a better reason for chatbanning me other than that WG didn't like me proposing working together with other players so we can take all the Filth we can get...and thereby making it easier for F2P players (like I WAS) to get a few days of premium time for free.

You can't trust klutzes, either - or perhaps "rely on" is a better expression here.

We had a truce going last game, and then I mistook a red team for bots and fired torps on them. I apologized and apologized again; I could have sunk myself out of pure shame. I hope they believed me.

I am such a klutz sometimes...!

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
86 posts
8,957 battles
1 hour ago, Pappus said:

There are 900~950filth already available for each team (1DD, 2 CAs, 2 BBs, 200filth circle and 1CA spawned near the portal) before Rasputin shows up. While I agree that there isn't enough to fill 3x2700 teams, there is enough to make 2 divisions reach over 2000, and from Rasputin's minion horde there is more filth to gather if you have the stomach for that.

A battle after taking down Rasputin is quite risky and I think is far better to have allies to push through to the portal than possibly end up dead with 100-200filth because you got greedy and wanted another 5-600 more. 

I had a game yesterday in which a Cruiser  from another team (who until then had gathered 27 filth) showed up after we killed Rasputin. There were some 350filth left after we filled up, so we told him to go harvest, but he started shooting and launching torps. We retaliated, didn't kill him but he ended up having us between him and the Portal, and he ran out of time eventually. Final result: 5filth gathered. He could have easily gathered 300 and exit the Portal with us.

The only time I was really concerned with piracy was a game in which we faced 5 guys from the same clan in 2 divisions. They let us take down Rasputin and went to the Portal and waited for us. After a couple of minutes of Mexican standoff and among spawning MutantKhabas they decided that they had had enough and went through the Portal. We complimented them for their decision not to attack. 

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,918 posts
10,304 battles

During one of the 3 battles I tried, I asked the people shooting why they did it, rather than get filth.

"It's more fun that way"

Then I thought about what I was doing.
I was chasing empty circles on a map with temporary currency to buy permanent camos that I dislike, trying to get teamwork out of people who don't give a **** about teamwork in a team game.

I was having literally 0 fun.
So I stopped, and I'll never touch gamemodes like this again.
To be honest, it's pretty damn tempting to apply the same logic to the entire game.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
7,553 posts
8,147 battles
19 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

During one of the 3 battles I tried, I asked the people shooting why they did it, rather than get filth.

"It's more fun that way"

Then I thought about what I was doing.
I was chasing empty circles on a map with temporary currency to buy permanent camos that I dislike, trying to get teamwork out of people who don't give a **** about teamwork in a team game.

I was having literally 0 fun.
So I stopped, and I'll never touch gamemodes like this again.
To be honest, it's pretty damn tempting to apply the same logic to the entire game.

tenor.gif

I played 3 games, i wont touch it anymore. Its beyond stupid. The only way i would "grind" it out, with 9 guys sinc-dropping in to farm the filth. But even then, its permacamo for a tier (T8-9 arent necessary), that ive played ~7% of my random battles, which i dont want to play often either way. I have >1300 camos stocked up, i dont need any permacamo.

And quite frankly, game is no fun at all right now. After they said, they wont bother with the old Operations anymore (but they have time to make shitty Halloween ops, think about that), they basicly killed it for me. Desire to play couldnt be any lower. I used to like CBs, but thats been going down the drain aswell, with people running DD setups only, which i just dont like.

• Cool 1